Up and Away

Has anyone used Dr. Blau in NYC for I-693?

11 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I am putting together my I-693, part of my AOS package adjusting from F-1. Since I didn't come to USA on a K-1 visa, I need to get a full medical exam, not just a transcription, from a Civil Surgeon.

Reading about a lot of bad experiences with CS's who try to scam as much money out of people like us as possible, I'm kind of wary about who to go to. My priority is someone who can get it done quickly and who isn't a total sleazebag. If it's just someone who charges a little more, but is honest and efficient, then I can deal with that.

Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Anthony Blau? There are a couple of posts on VJ recommending him, but those are shills because when you go to the poster's profile, it's obvious they never post about anything else, and aren't real people. That makes me suspicious but Dr. Blau seems to specialize in USCIS applications, which makes me feel like he might be really fast and efficient. OR he just might be the greatest con man of them all!

This is his website: www.greencardmedicalexams.com

Any real VJ users who have used this guy?

Thanks!!!

Adjusting from F1 based on Marriage to USC
FedEx AOS package to Chicago Lockbox: Dec. 7, 2011
FedEx confirmation: Dec. 9, 2011
E-notification: Dec. 14, 2011
Checks cashed: Dec. 15, 2011
NOA1's received: Dec. 19, 2011
Biometrics Letter received: Dec. 19, 2011
Biometrics Walk-in: Dec. 27, 2011
EAD in card-production: Feb. 28, 2012
AP approved: Feb. 28, 2012
EAD & AP combo card received: Mar. 8, 2012
Interview date: May 3, 2012
E-notification of I-130 approval: May 8, 2012
Receive Green Card: May 16, 2012

Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

FedEx I-571 package to Vermont: Apr. 7, 2014

NOA Receipt Date: Apr. 9, 2014

Check cashed: Apr. 11, 2014

NOA Received: Apr. 12, 2014

Biometrics Appt.: May 8, 2014

ROC approval letter received: Oct. 21, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is he listed on the USCIS list? If not dont even bother. The CS needs to be taken from the USCIS official list or they will not accept it.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

You really need to call the places that show up for your area and speak to them to find their cost etc.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've used doctor Toprover in Brooklyn for my full medical. He is not booked too much, I guess - I got my for appointment in three days from the day I called. Full medical was 160$ and I was out of his office in 15 minutes :yes: It seemed good enough for me.

Edited by koshka-mishka

I literally just went to him about 2 months ago - my first visit I waited about an hour, the visit was maybe 15 minutes with him - he was super nice, and then the nurse took my blood and TB test. Then three days later I came back, waited 30 mins, showed them my arm (for the TB test) and then they handed over the sealed paperwork. Extremely quick and painless. It cost a flat fee of $200 - I called around and it seemed comparable.

Hope this helps!

I literally just went to him about 2 months ago - my first visit I waited about an hour, the visit was maybe 15 minutes with him - he was super nice, and then the nurse took my blood and TB test. Then three days later I came back, waited 30 mins, showed them my arm (for the TB test) and then they handed over the sealed paperwork. Extremely quick and painless. It cost a flat fee of $200 - I called around and it seemed comparable.

Hope this helps!

Wow, that's great Kaussie! Did you have your immunization records and all your vaccinations done already, when you went to Dr. Blau? My records are incomplete (my Canadian doctor threw them out!) so I think I have to get a blood test done to see what immunizations I need. I wonder if this will cost extra. Do you happen to have any experience with that?

Thanks!

I've used doctor Toprover in Brooklyn for my full medical. He is not booked too much, I guess - I got my for appointment in three days from the day I called. Full medical was 160$ and I was out of his office in 15 minutes :yes: It seemed good enough for me.

Thanks Koshka-mishka --did you happen to need any vaccinations? 15 minutes is amazing! I worry because I don't have my vaccination records from my home country (doctor's office threw them out).

Is he listed on the USCIS list? If not dont even bother. The CS needs to be taken from the USCIS official list or they will not accept it.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

You really need to call the places that show up for your area and speak to them to find their cost etc.

Oh yes, he's on the USCIS list. Don't worry, I would never consider going to an unofficial CS! :)

We used him too and he was good. No RFE's. A Blood titre will cost extra, but ask him what vaccines you need. He might know enough about Canada to know what vaccines were required by law for you. My husband needed a MMR dose and he advised us to go to the county clinic for a free shot, instead of trying to get it through him.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

No i didn't need any vaccinations, so just a check up, blood work and TB test. That doctor was extra good for me with vaccinations, because I had my immunization record from Russia and the doctor was able to read them. I would say you should try to call the doctor and tell the receptionist your story and see what they say...

We used him too and he was good. No RFE's. A Blood titre will cost extra, but ask him what vaccines you need. He might know enough about Canada to know what vaccines were required by law for you. My husband needed a MMR dose and he advised us to go to the county clinic for a free shot, instead of trying to get it through him.

Oh, that is really good to hear, Harpa! This thread has convinced me to give Dr. Blau a try. I should receive my immunization records today. As soon as I do, I'll go to their office. I'll report back on this thread about my experiences, for future VJ users in the NYC area. :)

No i didn't need any vaccinations, so just a check up, blood work and TB test. That doctor was extra good for me with vaccinations, because I had my immunization record from Russia and the doctor was able to read them. I would say you should try to call the doctor and tell the receptionist your story and see what they say...

Good suggestion koshka-mishka. I was able to get a hold of my immunization records from my home country today, but they're really old so I'm probably missing something. I'll report back on what happens!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I visited Dr. Blau's office today. Very easy to deal with and they were able to use my vaccination records so that I didn't require any additional shots. $200 all up and only took around an hour. I'll get my sealed forms plus a copy for my records when I get my TB test read in 2 days. All they do is green card medicals and they do it well, hassle free. :thumbs:

I visited Dr. Blau's office today. Very easy to deal with and they were able to use my vaccination records so that I didn't require any additional shots. $200 all up and only took around an hour. I'll get my sealed forms plus a copy for my records when I get my TB test read in 2 days. All they do is green card medicals and they do it well, hassle free. :thumbs:

I totally agree Ben&Katie! Your post reminded me to circle back and post about my experience with Dr. Blau, so here it is:

Since a couple of people had good experiences, I went to check it out and I really liked it. Everyone was so nice and were SHARP and on the ball. The receptionist was especially impressive, since it sounds like in other offices, the receptionists often don't know anything about the USCIS process.

I liked that it was such a well-oiled machine over there. They have a system, and it works. You feel like you're on a fairly quick-moving conveyer belt. You're in good hands and they will not try to scam you out of more money.

Also, even though it is run very efficiently, I didn't feel rushed and the customer service was actually quite attentive and personal. I'm really glad I went with Dr. Blau! :)

• 1 year later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi! I am new to this, just filed my I-130 (Just got married ^_^) and we need to do the medical exams for the USCIS. I saw Dr. Blau on the list and read the comments, but I can't seem to get a hold of the office. Are walk-ins welcome or should I keep calling?

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.