VJwith Love

VERY DEPRESSED BADLY NEED HELP

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

so you are refused but allowed to submit additional evidence for the financial area right? why not deposit the cash on his account then get a new bank statement? add car insurance, mortages, other properties, new employment letter & paystubs cash & check. im sure even the cash salary gets some slips right?

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

Then that means you already got your final answer.

Like what I said earlier, either retry once his income is enough or apply for CR-1 spouse.

but the embassy told us that we can overcome it and submit it back to them..that's why now I'm looking for any other way...and we will also get help from a senator...which I hope would also help..

Timeline

so you are refused but allowed to submit additional evidence for the financial area right? why not deposit the cash on his account then get a new bank statement? add car insurance, mortages, other properties, new employment letter & paystubs cash & check. im sure even the cash salary gets some slips right?

yes...we were allowed to submit additional evidence for the financial area...sis zharren_young can i add you up ? and pm you?..

Timeline

ooppss...messenger here says you cannot receive any new messages :) i'm hoping to add you up in ym perhaps..

Timeline

How old is your fiance? I've read somewhere here on VJ that there are more chances of USEM allowing co sponsors for students who are young. Probably early 20s. Did you have a co sponsor ready during the interview?

Timeline

How old is your fiance? I've read somewhere here on VJ that there are more chances of USEM allowing co sponsors for students who are young. Probably early 20s. Did you have a co sponsor ready during the interview?

my fiance is 26...yes we have his mom as our co sponsor...but she is making 27,700 which i dont think they did consider :( the consul didn't even bother to ask me about it at all..just readily told me to go back to my seat and wait for my number again...

Timeline

my fiance is 26...yes we have his mom as our co sponsor...but she is making 27,700 which i dont think they did consider :( the consul didn't even bother to ask me about it at all..just readily told me to go back to my seat and wait for my number again...

I've read about a case that's kinda similar to yours. Her fiance had insufficient income but the questions were shifted to her. The CO asked the beneficiary about her education and work experience. She then presented her diploma and certificates of employment from the companies she worked at. I guess the CO sometimes considers the beneficiary's credentials as well. You said you're a nurse so that's actually an advantage.

By the way, how many times have you guys met in person? And how long did each visit last?

Timeline

I've read about a case that's kinda similar to yours. Her fiance had insufficient income but the questions were shifted to her. The CO asked the beneficiary about her education and work experience. She then presented her diploma and certificates of employment from the companies she worked at. I guess the CO sometimes considers the beneficiary's credentials as well. You said you're a nurse so that's actually an advantage.

I'm a nurse but is still yet to take the nclex-rn exam, I already am eligible to take the test and already have my authorization to test (ATT), but the hitch is my exam site is in USA. we are planning to wait for his 2011 itr instead to make sure this time.. another question, do we need to email the embassy to ask for an extension of our application or it is already automatically extended?..

By the way, how many times have you guys met in person? And how long did each visit last?

2x..first time was in Dubai..10days...2nd was here in PI last july for 3weeks...:) there was no question at all about our relationship, just his income..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The CR-1 marriage petition does have the same income requirements. If you want your visa soon you need to get a co-sponsor. You said his mother makes $27,700. She makes enough depending on her household size. If I were you I would ask his mother to be my co-sponsor.

You can also use another relative if the mother says no.

Timeline

The CR-1 marriage petition does have the same income requirements. If you want your visa soon you need to get a co-sponsor. You said his mother makes $27,700. She makes enough depending on her household size. If I were you I would ask his mother to be my co-sponsor.

You can also use another relative if the mother says no.

actually, they already have his mother papers with them..looks like it didn't bother them at all...but yes for a household or 3 that is enough... well, i guess i happen to bump into one tough co :(

Timeline

I'm a nurse but is still yet to take the nclex-rn exam, I already am eligible to take the test and already have my authorization to test (ATT), but the hitch is my exam site is in USA. we are planning to wait for his 2011 itr instead to make sure this time.. another question, do we need to email the embassy to ask for an extension of our application or it is already automatically extended?..

From what I know, you don't need to ask for an extension. I heard once you are given a 221g, it's gonna be valid for a year. So you have a year to submit all the documents that they've asked for. Ask around as well because I'm not quite sure myself. But I've read about it many times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry to hear about this., this process is def not easy..I hope u cheer up, & remain focused the best you can. I know it' may be hard to believe but obstacles like this can really strengthen ur relationship. I pray everything works out for u too.

03-21-2011 Mailed I-129F application.

03-22-2011 Packet received in Texas.

03-28-2011 NOA1 received in mail..then transfered to VSC

07-12-2011 NOA2!!! 107 days!(Date on notice letter: 7-12-2011; Recieved hardcopy in mail on: 7-15-2011)

07-29-2011 NVC Received Case

08-02-2011 NVC forwards to US Embassy Nicosia

08-10-2011 Packet 3 Received

08-16-2011 Packet 3 returned

08-17-2011 Medical completed

09-15-2011 Interview

09-15-2011 AP!! Ugh!

10-18-2011 Case left Nicosia for Lagos. (Our one year engagement anniversary)

10-24-2011 Case delivered in Lagos.

01-30-2012 Second interview

01-30-2012 Approved!

02-09-2012 Visa in Hand

02-11-2012 POE!! HOUSTON TX.

03-17-2012 MARRIED!

03-23-2012 AOS

04-17-2012 Biometrics Complete

Timeline

From what I know, you don't need to ask for an extension. I heard once you are given a 221g, it's gonna be valid for a year. So you have a year to submit all the documents that they've asked for. Ask around as well because I'm not quite sure myself. But I've read about it many times.

thank you...but we will still send one email letter addressed to consul anyways..thank you so much :)

Timeline

Sorry to hear about this., this process is def not easy..I hope u cheer up, & remain focused the best you can. I know it' may be hard to believe but obstacles like this can really strengthen ur relationship. I pray everything works out for u too.

thank you so much for such great words of encouragement...and for the prayers even more..:) We are really trying to pick up ourselves from being so dumped down under and fight again for this :) this means so much to us :)

Timeline

I am new here and this site was just being referred to me by a friend who said that this site has been very helpful to them on their visa process.

So I guess, I just need to say my story.

My fiancee and I met online and been in a relationship for 1 year and 6months. During my interview, the consul even said that he is convinced with our relationship except that my fiancee has a low income. So i was given a 221g. He is a part time worker for the year 2010 because he is a student. He went to school on and off last year. SO his 2010 ITR reflected a 6,000+ income for 2010 that is because he only started working in November last year. But it was stated in his employment letter that since 1st of august he was hired full time and is earning 500/week meaning 2000/month and since that letter was written on August of this year it also said that since then he has been paid a total of 13,300. Now the consul refused us under public charge act but can be overcome when presented with sustained income. I know for a fact this includes, bank statements, properties or assets under his name and all. Here's the problem with his bank statements, since they are paid half check and half cash, so only half goes thru the bank which means reflect a small amount of balance in his bank statements because he has all the half of it in cash with him. He only have 9,700 in his bank and the 8000 in cash with him. And i don't think it will be a good idea to present it to the consul. I told him to ask for an updated employment letter, which by now instead of the previous 13,300, he will have 21,300 which is enough as it was shown in poverty guidelines. But he said, his employer might not allow it because it reflects too much of a salary and might get her investigated and lose her business. Now, I'm left with nothing anymore to think of how to overcome the public charge finding by the CO.

I'm hoping someone out there can shed me a light somehow in this really dark times.

God bless us all.

For the employment letter, it should show how much he earns annually. regardless if he's been with the company for a few weeks, 6 months, etc. It should all be computed and stated on the employment letter in total.

here's a sample:

http://www.usimmigrationjourney.com/sample-employment-certification-letter/sample-employment-certification-letter-for-k-1-fiance-visa-affidavit-of-support/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.