love&cinta

LAID OFF!!! :(

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

111 Days from Noa1, and just got a bad news that my man (USC) just got laid off. :( He will still get paid until the employer brings him back, the return date is March 1st. He's going to find another job tho. So peeps, my question is would this be a problem? I'm afraid the CO would say no on my interview. Anyone help me plz I'm so worried :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

111 Days from Noa1, and just got a bad news that my man (USC) just got laid off. :( He will still get paid until the employer brings him back, the return date is March 1st. He's going to find another job tho. So peeps, my question is would this be a problem? I'm afraid the CO would say no on my interview. Anyone help me plz I'm so worried :(

Just my opinion: Will it affect your petition ? No and maybe. Your Timeline indicates a NOA1 (3 1/2 months to date) At the time of your interview you will be showing the Petitioners 2011 Taxes and hopefuly over the 125% Level, However the month of December for 2011 will count even if its Unemployment . Keep Proof of payments.

If he/she wishes to search for a new job in these rough economic times that is OK but be sure they meet poverty line requirements.

If he/she has a Return to Work Date for March 1st then have the Employer have a letter stating: His return to work date, salary, hourly, full-time and permanent or part-time. The Unemployment Compensation he/she recieves in 2012 until MARCH 1st ? Is countable as Income or Currant Income. But, I understand the concern. You and I would both feel better to have Paystubs from a job. It is very important the Petitioner keep all records of his Gross Income for 2011 and 2012 and tell him/her to File 2011 Taxes As soon as posible for your interview.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

he is not fired and he has a return to work date. He is still "employed" though he is not "working" (working and employed are NOT the same thing) and he still has an income and his annual income is unchanged. (I presume)

It is quite likely he will be back working by the time you do your interview, if not fill out the I-134 with his current work information and attach an employment letter and this year's tax return.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Oh thank you so much guys for taking the time to reply me. You guys have given me/us some good advise and believe me it is greatly appreciated. It will help us through our journey together. Thanks again! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.