patientlyw8ing

I-129F Petition

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just want some advice on what to do next... It has been 5 months and 2 weeks since the petition for I-129F was received. I have contacted my congresswomans office for help about 3 weeks ago and all her office got was an email indicating the my petition was being reviewed... is there anything else that can be suggested on what to do next... I'm getting frustrated and sad seeing all these other petitions getting approved knowing that it was received after mine was... Some advice please!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just want some advice on what to do next... It has been 5 months and 2 weeks since the petition for I-129F was received. I have contacted my congresswomans office for help about 3 weeks ago and all her office got was an email indicating the my petition was being reviewed... is there anything else that can be suggested on what to do next... I'm getting frustrated and sad seeing all these other petitions getting approved knowing that it was received after mine was... Some advice please!!!

If I was in your position then I think the next thing I tried would be a smooth lager. If that didn't do it, or I needed faster results, then I'd try a strong cognac. :blush:

Seriously, short of suing them there's not much you can do to force USCIS to do anything. They don't seem to respond much to inquiries by congressional representatives anymore. Frankly, I think that card has been overplayed, so it doesn't have the punch it used to have.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi,

You have the option of scheduling an INFOPASS appointment online using the USCIS.gov website. If you'd consider filling out your timeline, it might help put things in more perspective for others. Good luck...many are waiting anxiously for good news also.

Cheers

Timeline

If I was in your position then I think the next thing I tried would be a smooth lager. If that didn't do it, or I needed faster results, then I'd try a strong cognac. :blush:

:thumbs:

Welcome to the club! Have you been to any FB forums to see how many peeps here are on the same boat?

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This happens all the time and Petitioners have this Mythical Belief they should have their NOA2 in 5 Months or less and start calling Congress.

No, that is not true. At the 6 Month Point you can call and ask for a Service Request for USCIS to pull your file. Be polite when you do ask. THERE IS NO 5 MONTH RULE. You are not out of USCIS timeframes.

One of 2 things will happen. You will get Your Noa2 or a RFE after they review the Petition. Thats the best you can ask for. If to no Avail after that time period, then contact your Representitives.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

call them and ask to be escalated to a higher person, set an info pass appt...go walk into a local USCIS office. anything to get noticed. my now husband went on info pass before we got approved. am i sure it helped? no idea but yeah we got noa2 1 day before we hit the 6month mark

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

No wonder Congress can't get anything done these days! Their to busy reading complaints about K1 issue..hahahaha you wish your congressperson even was even notified of your inconvenience.. :rofl::rofl::rofl:.. I feel you brotha and I'm only 1.5 month in to my petition, but like everyone else we just all need to relax and like what JimVan said, "grab a glass of Cognac, kick off your shoes and put your feet up..and enjoy the NFL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheers! bottoms up everyone, enjoy the holidays!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.