6 posts in this topic

Hello,

As you can see I am new here, even though i have been visiting the site for a while this is my 1st actual post.

I filed my AOS (I485, and I765) on October 19th, my biometrics was completed on November 15, and today i received my interview letter in the mail. My AOS is through my mother who is Naturalized Citizen.

I am unable to follow my case online (i know October filers have this issue) but i decided to call USCIS today to get an up-date on my I765. I had hoped that my EAD would arrive so that i can apply for my SS# and continue my education at UNC in January. However the lady with whom i spoke (who was surprisingly very rude to me for no reason- i just wanted an up-date) said that my I765 was pending for only 3 weeks and that i had to wait another 45 days for a response.

It sounded a bit off to me since the processing time for the I485 is 4months and i already received my interview, and the PT for I765 is 3months but yet i have not gotten any new info. Is this normal?

Thx in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You might want to call back and request to speak to a tier 2 supervisor, they seem to have more access to information than the customer service reps. Not sure if they will be able to tell you anything more, but it's worth a shot. Good luck!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello,

As you can see I am new here, even though i have been visiting the site for a while this is my 1st actual post.

I filed my AOS (I485, and I765) on October 19th, my biometrics was completed on November 15, and today i received my interview letter in the mail. My AOS is through my mother who is Naturalized Citizen.

I am unable to follow my case online (i know October filers have this issue) but i decided to call USCIS today to get an up-date on my I765. I had hoped that my EAD would arrive so that i can apply for my SS# and continue my education at UNC in January. However the lady with whom i spoke (who was surprisingly very rude to me for no reason- i just wanted an up-date) said that my I765 was pending for only 3 weeks and that i had to wait another 45 days for a response.

It sounded a bit off to me since the processing time for the I485 is 4months and i already received my interview, and the PT for I765 is 3months but yet i have not gotten any new info. Is this normal?

Thx in advance.

yes, it's normal, the EAD can take up to 90 days to get it, some never do and some receive it after the interview. you might have the interwiew first, or never receive it at all.

thanks for the reply.. i did talk to a tier 2 rep...

and wow, i did not know that some people never receive an EAD, i hope i do (for school purposes)because i know my green card will not be until January sometime..

The EAD takes about 3 months. If you received your interview already that means your local office is moving quickly. Unfortunately, that "quickly" applies to your 485 application, not your 765 application which is about 3 months no matter what.

You may receive your green card before your EAD if your case continues to move quickly. Once you have the GC you don't need the EAD so it's not necessarily bad to never get the EAD. Or you may receive the EAD only a little while before the GC.

What is the date of your NOA1? Count 2.5-3 months from there and that is when to expect the EAD.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

The EAD takes about 3 months. If you received your interview already that means your local office is moving quickly. Unfortunately, that "quickly" applies to your 485 application, not your 765 application which is about 3 months no matter what.

You may receive your green card before your EAD if your case continues to move quickly. Once you have the GC you don't need the EAD so it's not necessarily bad to never get the EAD. Or you may receive the EAD only a little while before the GC.

What is the date of your NOA1? Count 2.5-3 months from there and that is when to expect the EAD.

THanks for the reply, my NOA1 was October 25, so based on the 2.5-3 months times frame i may end up with my EAD close to or after my GC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.