filipina0930

Waiting for my Visa

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is there anyone here who had their interview November 23, 2011 with their passport already? I'm sorry I'm so looking forward to have it this week because I already booked my ticket December 6 (I know it's not right but I was trying to get the discounted airfare). Now I'm a little nervous on having to rebook the flight because I don't have the visa with me. I called 2GO and they don't have my passport yet. It's been 3 working days already of course I counted November 24.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Is there anyone here who had their interview November 23, 2011 with their passport already? I'm sorry I'm so looking forward to have it this week because I already booked my ticket December 6 (I know it's not right but I was trying to get the discounted airfare). Now I'm a little nervous on having to rebook the flight because I don't have the visa with me. I called 2GO and they don't have my passport yet. It's been 3 working days already of course I counted November 24.

Don't count the 24th, it is a US holiday and the embassy in Manila was closed. (The embassy is also closed on Wednesday)

I also booked my ticket (well,my husband did) before I had my visa in hand. I'd wait a few more days before getting worried, since there are holidays and a weekend it's only been 1 working day since your interview. I'd also look into what you need to do to re-book your flight, just in case!

Best of luck with everything! :)

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Timeline

Don't count the 24th, it is a US holiday and the embassy in Manila was closed. (The embassy is also closed on Wednesday)

I also booked my ticket (well,my husband did) before I had my visa in hand. I'd wait a few more days before getting worried, since there are holidays and a weekend it's only been 1 working day since your interview. I'd also look into what you need to do to re-book your flight, just in case!

Best of luck with everything! :)

Thanks! I'm just so excited to see him. I will look into other dates with the same airfare hopefully there is a few on a Monday or Tuesday, because chef can't go on leave on weekends. :star:

Timeline

i had my interview last 21st and till now i don't have my passport and visa yet... :( I've been calling the US embassy and they kept saying that it's not ready to be release yet :bonk: and i also emailed 2go and here's what they told me...

"Thank you for sending us your inquiry. We would like to inform you that your document is still negative at our end. Please anticipate an SMS advise from us regarding its status and delivery schedule."

i do really wanna see my fiance and this final step of k-1 process makes me so anxious :wacko:

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Did you give the CO your intended move date?

They don't really care about this date, as they are not obligated to meet it.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

i had my interview last 21st and till now i don't have my passport and visa yet... :( I've been calling the US embassy and they kept saying that it's not ready to be release yet :bonk: and i also emailed 2go and here's what they told me...

"Thank you for sending us your inquiry. We would like to inform you that your document is still negative at our end. Please anticipate an SMS advise from us regarding its status and delivery schedule."

i do really wanna see my fiance and this final step of k-1 process makes me so anxious :wacko:

I saw your post and I did the same I called the USEM and I was told that 2GO will send me a text message as soon as they have my visa on hand. Did u call the number that ends on 9555? Some say that we can track our passport through the 2GO website using our MNL case number. Tried it but its invalid because they don't have it on their end. I figured Helen is right, due to thanksgiving I should only count last weeks transaction as if only 1 day has passed which is the 25th, and this week I only have 4 days because Nov 30 is a Philippine holiday. :bonk: so good luck with my visa hopefully they release it by thursday, I am so ready to pick it up instead of waiting for delivery. I was just wondering why they said that your visa is not ready to be released yet. You were not advised to submit any documents right? :unsure: I'm confused..I don't want to lose hope on not having to rebook my ticket. It's sad

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am looking to do much the same when Amy has her interview, get a flight booked early for the cheaper fare, but I am looking at a month after the interview as I have read of some not getting their visa and passports for about 9-10 days. Only difference is I will be there for the interview and then we will fly back together.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yea, I think it really doesn't matter for them :(

Well, no matter, have you tried looking at the timelines tool here? You can get a general idea of how long it takes to get a K-1 visa from your embassy after approval.

i got interviewed and approved last november 17. and guess what? im still waiting for my visa to be delivered. 11 days already after the interview. my fiance is with me since 15 and he is disappointed that he wont be able to spend a week in his house with me when we get to the US coz he gona be at work a day after we arrive. all his vacations are consumed here and the money too coz he never expected that it will take us this long.. but the feeling that the visa is approved is better than hanging like when we havent been interviewed. hehehe

Timeline

I saw your post and I did the same I called the USEM and I was told that 2GO will send me a text message as soon as they have my visa on hand. Did u call the number that ends on 9555? Some say that we can track our passport through the 2GO website using our MNL case number. Tried it but its invalid because they don't have it on their end. I figured Helen is right, due to thanksgiving I should only count last weeks transaction as if only 1 day has passed which is the 25th, and this week I only have 4 days because Nov 30 is a Philippine holiday. :bonk: so good luck with my visa hopefully they release it by thursday, I am so ready to pick it up instead of waiting for delivery. I was just wondering why they said that your visa is not ready to be released yet. You were not advised to submit any documents right? :unsure: I'm confused..I don't want to lose hope on not having to rebook my ticket. It's sad

[/quot

i called them with this numbers (214) 571-1600 & (646) 254-3546 through magic jack :D the lady told me that it's not in there iv system yet and it's still in US embassy in Manila. i think maybe my passport is in CO desk still <_< . they didn't ask other documents during my interview and till now, i'm confident to say that i gave them complete documents :)

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It will take 9 - 10 days to receive your passport with visa inside. Please please remember if you have not taken your CFO seminar you will not be permitted to leave the country.

CFO is a one day process.

As the state Do Not book any flights in advance because there is maybe delays in processing your Visa, delivery, and CFO. I know the feeling of excitement and after the long wait for your loved one to be there with you but it is still a process and a missed up one at that!! You may end up paying more now for rescheduling the flight. Call the airline asap to see what there policy is on flight changes and fees.

FYI

Also check with your airline to see if the filipino depart fee is included as you may end up double paying that fee airport. Most major airlines include that in price.

Good luck and God Bless!!

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.