gugu24

Questions for all of the gurus of VJs

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Alright following is the reply from the embassy of the USA Tokyo regarding our case status:

Thanks for the inquiry, We are reviewing your case and have still not resolved all our questions regarding the info provided. We are not able to proceed with processing your case untill we recieve respponse from other US governmental agencies. This proces adds significant time to the processing of a case. We regret the extra time involved, but we will contact you as soon as these issues are resolved.

Please feel free to comment, advice or give personal experience regarding similar conditions. Also one question does it look like AP/AR bullshit? I guess not?

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Filed: Timeline

yes you are on ADMIN processing

call

202 663 1225

press options

you need case number and Aliens date of Birth

alien can also call to check on case too.

please note most of the time its 15 min hold time.

weds - they are not open til after NOON!

the number is to check on case status.

ask " has the security checks cleared on my case "

they will respond.

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

But what I believe is that the case is put on the AR after an interview. Am I right or they can put a case on hold even before interview? I havent been interviewed yet.

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

What is AP/AR? Administrative processing?

Seems unusual. I thought the majority of processing and verification was done in the US, and the embassy received the petition after administrative processing is complete.

I'm also confused as you applied with a I-130 / K1 visa. I thought I-130 got you a K3 visa. Maybe someone in K3 forum can offer some advice.

I hope you get some clarification, or better yet, an approval soon. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have seen the AR/AP after the interview, but not before. From your timeline though it seems they have already spotted what they would view as "red flags" to your case. My guess is that they don't want to do the interview when they already know some issues. If this is the case then I don't think it is all bad, they will finish their review and then they will schedule the interview.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, no case is the same. I can see though you have been on a long journey, so I hope it is resolved soon!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I concur that your on some type of AR at this time. Some consulates review the files and then schedule the interviews and apparantly they have some questions that need to be investigated before they will proceed with an interview. Hopefully, it will not take much longer and your interview will be scheduled soon. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What is AP/AR? Administrative processing?

Seems unusual. I thought the majority of processing and verification was done in the US, and the embassy received the petition after administrative processing is complete.

I'm also confused as you applied with a I-130 / K1 visa. I thought I-130 got you a K3 visa. Maybe someone in K3 forum can offer some advice.

I hope you get some clarification, or better yet, an approval soon. :)

michelle:

I-129 for unmarried person = K-1 visa application

I-130 for married person = immigrant visa application

I-130 + I-129f for a married person = K-3 visa application. After K-3 visa approval, it still needs to be converted to PR status (Green Card).

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.