qwerty1974

Renewed intent to marry??

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, I'm going through all of my documentation for the interview this week and I certainly HAD a renewed intent to marry letter from myself and my fiance..however, there's always something awry and I can't place my hands on my fiances (USC) one right now. Perhaps I sent it with packet three, would that make sense? The original was submitted with the petition in April...perhaps I can unearth it in my masses of paperwork but I wondered if any enlightened souls could tell me...is it even essential? Is it going to be hugely problematic if I cannot find it and did not send it with packet three?? Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

from what I understand the renewed letter of intent is not a copy of the original letter sent with with the I-129f.

It is a new letter, new date, new signature. So in other words, you type a letter of intent with similar wording and sign it so that it becomes a renewed letter of intent, not a copy of the old. If you have not done this, you need to do it FAST. I think...

double check the guidelines from the packet 3 info and on VJ guides.

Hope that helps.

AOS Timeline
Filed 15th June, 2012
NOA date 18th June
Bio appt 20th July
Transferred to CSC 21st July, 2012
EAD/AP approved 27th August.
Received Green Card 6th October. No Interview. Amazing!
Thanks for all the help, see you again in June 2014

ROC Timeline

Mailed Package 30th June 2014

I-797 received 5th July, 2014

Biometrics Appointment 07/30/2014.

Timeline

Definately not needed for London especially as the petition was sent in April had it been longer then possibly. I done a new one to cover myself but in the end not required. so no need for worry. Good Luck with interview. :)

i needed it in London, And if it was sent in April it would need to be a new one since its been over 6 months, i personally would make sure you find it /get a new one just in case. As i said they ased me for letters of intent as it was over 6 months since the petition was put in

My Journey Uk To Usa

K1
I-129f Sent:- 19-Aug-2010
Date of Entry-27-May-2011
Date Married-24-June-2011

AOS
AOS/EAD Sent:08-Aug-2011
Green Card Received: 16-Nov-2011

ROC

i-751 Sent 01-Nov-2013

i-751 NOA1 04-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics App. 08-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics Completed 29-Nov-2013

Nearly there, and for those who are just starting the k1 it is a long wait but once it is over the time feels well spent

Timeline

Well there's no way he could get it here by Tbursday when I leave anyway so I'll have to assume

a) They don't need it and

b) I already sent what I DID have off with packet three. I know I included extra srtuff in there like a third spare copy of the i134, someone else said they'd done that and felt it had sped things up once at the Embassy. It was no hassle to do and shows we are financially sorted and we certainly did hear back about our interview literally within two days of them opening packet three.

thanks everyone for the help, I ll post back if it proved to be a problem for anyone else's interest. It certainly doesn't forewarn you to take one on the Embassy's 'required documents' list.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Good Luck!!!

We sent a lot of extra stuff (by accident!!) and they handed it all back to him at the interview!! If it's in there - then they'll have seen it!! Like I said, I'm sure you'll be fine - we had an updated one but it wasn't even looked at! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Qwerty - well, Australia has compiled about 1/2 of the results needed. We are thinking another 2 weeks until we get the paperwork to send to the embassy. I'm just trying not to lose my mind at this point!! Lol

I'm so excited for you - I remember the day before, so exciting/unnerving!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Timeline

Okay, so after speakng to the Io at the embassy, NO letter of intent (renewed) is needed. he said if a few more months had gone by then perhaps but not for our case; seven months :) CMoore....I didn't sleep...well, I had about an hours worth and onehelluva day there but we WERE approved! the relief has made the stress and wait well worth it!! :)

Edited by qwerty1974

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.