Delani

G-325 a

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I was filling form G 325 a and it asks for family name,since I have my father's name as my last name everywhere on my passport,my college degree,so i wrote it as my last name,then the form also asks for father's name which i wrote too.so I am concerned will it be a problem?since we dont name like people in USA,its quite different here and I even do not use any middle name.

second question is while we were filing for I 129 F we did not send G-325A ,we thought it was to be taken on the interview ,but they asked for it so we send it later,is it gonna prolong the case?

Hi everyone,

I was filling form G 325 a and it asks for family name,since I have my father's name as my last name everywhere on my passport,my college degree,so i wrote it as my last name,then the form also asks for father's name which i wrote too.so I am concerned will it be a problem?since we dont name like people in USA,its quite different here and I even do not use any middle name.

second question is while we were filing for I 129 F we did not send G-325A ,we thought it was to be taken on the interview ,but they asked for it so we send it later,is it gonna prolong the case?

Hem, first of all, I though the I-129F that we have to include biographic information (G-325A) in package. So, I wonder why you did not do that. Second, speaking about middle name, I've learned from another people here (espesifically from my own country), it doesn't matter if you don't have middle name. I've only used single name (common in my country) and I put my father name as my last name (family name) on my passport. So, I would have diffferent family name from my father's family name. I asked some people and they said, it's not a big deal (based on their experiences). You needed to checked to your country naming system because I think consulate would refer naming system in beneficiary's country. Good luck.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hem, first of all, I though the I-129F that we have to include biographic information (G-325A) in package. So, I wonder why you did not do that. Second, speaking about middle name, I've learned from another people here (espesifically from my own country), it doesn't matter if you don't have middle name. I've only used single name (common in my country) and I put my father name as my last name (family name) on my passport. So, I would have diffferent family name from my father's family name. I asked some people and they said, it's not a big deal (based on their experiences). You needed to checked to your country naming system because I think consulate would refer naming system in beneficiary's country. Good luck.

Thanx I think its alright as per my country rules its not a problem here.But what would u say if they ask you why you and your father's family name different?

Thanx I think its alright as per my country rules its not a problem here.But what would u say if they ask you why you and your father's family name different?

• According to my country rules, everyone who apply passport is not allowed to have single name. So, in my birth certificate, I have my father name on it and automatically added on my passport. But, my father's name is single name as well, without family name even though he had family name - but never used it on legal papers-.
  • I am still put my father's family name on the biographic information. But I did it after some people from Indonesia who had been through this process said that it won't be a problem. Let's say, name Andira Kamandanu Sukawati. Last name is not her family name, but on passport it would be her last name. Her father had a single name but since she already have 3 names on it, on the biographic information her father last name is different spesifically from some certain period, people commonly only used single name without putting family name on it -legal papers-.
  • Another reason, back in 1960's, there was a sentiment anti-Chinese people, my late father was an half Chinese, govt imposed the rule to given up dual citizenship and changed name into Indonesian's style. My father did it without putting Chinese's family name on his name to avoid sentiment for his future children at that time. I wasn't born yet at that time.blush.gif
  • Again, check to people who have similar situation with you from Pakistan. I did it a couple of times and the answered still same. Good luckgood.gif

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They understand the naming of children etc is sometimes different from the father's name in other cultures especially pakistan... my father in laws last name is different from my husbands.... his is his grandfather's name.. it didn't create any issues

not sure about the other as we filed CR1

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I just had my fiance 2 add her fathers name also... so her passport and family card have that as her last name...I changed my name when I accepted islaam but now I plan 2 revert back to my fathers name as my last name and keep my given islamic name..so it shouldn't b a problem is all relevant documents match up

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.