Lan&Mike

Questions before filing K-1

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi every one,

Is this possible for my fiance to use his mom's home address in USA to fill out in the form I-129F? As you know guys (i told several times about my case here), that my fiance will stay in oversea and file K-1 for in his oversea address as well. But he intends to use his mom's postal address to make it legal in the form. But you know, his mom is living in PA, while the place he is going to file for me in another state (this is a state where we will live together) and is it possible to accept?

My question could be silly for those who already experienced this before. But being honest, this is really a big wonder for me - newscomer. I am actually seeking advices from you.

Tks and have nice days to all of you,

Lan&Mike

I am nothing without GOD

Thanks to my GOD for helping me find him - my love!!!

LAN & MIKE forever and ever

Lan,

I would suggest using your Fiance's permanent US address, since he works overseas at the present time. If that is his Mom's address, use that.

With that said, I would recommend against listing an address where you intend to live, if he has no ties there.

Step by step, you can change the applicable address. For the purpose of the I-129F, you should use a permanent US address, where you are certain the mail will be received.

Hi every one,

Is this possible for my fiance to use his mom's home address in USA to fill out in the form I-129F? As you know guys (i told several times about my case here), that my fiance will stay in oversea and file K-1 for in his oversea address as well. But he intends to use his mom's postal address to make it legal in the form. But you know, his mom is living in PA, while the place he is going to file for me in another state (this is a state where we will live together) and is it possible to accept?

My question could be silly for those who already experienced this before. But being honest, this is really a big wonder for me - newscomer. I am actually seeking advices from you.

Tks and have nice days to all of you,

Lan&Mike

Edited by William33

Timeline

Tks rebeccajo & William for advices (tks to you one more time for your PM reply),

But you seem not to answer to my main point. He and his mom are living in different state of America. Well, i think i need to explain clearly about this: his mom is living in PA, while he and i are planning to stay in NC - that is the place i like best and intends to buy home for us to live there in this October when he returns America for his short vacation. And of course, he will file K-1 for me here. And my question is that is my fiance allowed to file K-1 visa for me at USCIS in NC with his mom's PA home address?

William, so, my fiance will use his mother's permanent US address to file for me, then he is supposed to receive mail from CIS, right? But, i should tell you this, my fiance will come back to work oversea when his vacation ends, then, how can he keep in touch and get mails from CIS in oversea while they will send mails to his mom's home address?

Tks,

Lan&Mike

Edited by Lan&Mike

I am nothing without GOD

Timeline
Where does he presently get his US mail delievered?

Does he still have a permanent residence in America?

Hi rebeccajo,

Since he has been living and working in oversea for years, so he doesn't have his permanent residence in America. And i am thinking of using his mom's permanent address to file K-1. Any advices, pls

Lan&Mike

I am nothing without GOD

Filed: Other Timeline

Where does he presently get his US mail delievered?

Does he still have a permanent residence in America?

Hi rebeccajo,

Since he has been living and working in oversea for years, so he doesn't have his permanent residence in America. And i am thinking of using his mom's permanent address to file K-1. Any advices, pls

Lan&Mike

Where's Yodrak when we need him?

Timeline

Where's Yodrak when we need him?

Well, i am not sure i u/stand what you have just said. Who is Yodrak and i wonder why you mention his/her name here?

Lan&Mike

I am nothing without GOD

Yodrak is a very knowledgable member of the forum. the directions for the 129f state if living outside th US, to file with the Service Center of your last residence. the G-325a asks for residence for the last five years. has he had no US residence for over five years? He has had no address to which any mail has been sent to? does he now use his mom's address as a mailing address?

i don't think he should file from a state where he intends to reside. if he is using his mom's address as a US mailing address and hasn't had a residence in the US for over five years, i would think it should be submitted to the the Service Center which has jurisdiction over his mom's address.

i could be wrong. hopefully someone will correct me if i am.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline
Yodrak is a very knowledgable member of the forum. the directions for the 129f state if living outside th US, to file with the Service Center of your last residence. the G-325a asks for residence for the last five years. has he had no US residence for over five years? He has had no address to which any mail has been sent to? does he now use his mom's address as a mailing address?

i don't think he should file from a state where he intends to reside. if he is using his mom's address as a US mailing address and hasn't had a residence in the US for over five years, i would think it should be submitted to the the Service Center which has jurisdiction over his mom's address.

Hi roymcn3rd

Tks for letting me know who Jodrak is.

Before living and working in oversea, i think he has his permanent home address in America of course. But now, he doesn't have. According to what i have just studied from school in my American Culture class, it is said that Americans are very mobile, they are not sticked to live at one place, and every American often moves from place to another at least few times in his/her life. And so does my fiance. He lived in different places when he was in US, and the last place he stayed before working in oversea was NC. According to what you said, should my fiance write down the address that he was staying in NC for last time? Yes, i think he will use his mom's home address.

Hope to get more advices from you, guys.

Lan&Mike

I am nothing without GOD

Hi roymcn3rd

Tks for letting me know who Jodrak is.

Before living and working in oversea, i think he has his permanent home address in America of course. But now, he doesn't have. According to what i have just studied from school in my American Culture class, it is said that Americans are very mobile, they are not sticked to live at one place, and every American often moves from place to another at least few times in his/her life. And so does my fiance. He lived in different places when he was in US, and the last place he stayed before working in oversea was NC. According to what you said, should my fiance write down the address that he was staying in NC for last time? Yes, i think he will use his mom's home address.

Hope to get more advices from you, guys.

Lan&Mike

directions for 129f say petition should SUBMITTED to Service Center having jurisdiction over last residence (NC). since he has no mailing address i would use his mom's address on the petition. hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Lan:

Is Mike legally resident in Kuwait? Are you able to travel there? Are you willing to marry outside of the US?

Please show this page to Mike:

http://kuwait.usembassy.gov/petitioningforaspouse.html

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

City: California/Bayern - Filed K-1 from China Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Use his mom's address.

I am in the same situation as you. I used my parent's address, and it works just fine.

K-1 VISA:

3/4/06: I-129F Sent to CSC

3/14/06: NOA1

7/21/06: IMBRA RFE received by CSC

8/22/06: NOA2

9/8/06: Case arrives at NVC

9/16/06: NVC departure letter received

9/22/06: Left NVC bound for China

10/6/06: Case arrives at Guangzhou consulate

10/20/06: Received Packet 3

10/26/06: Sent DS-230 back to consulate

11/9/06: Sent OF-169 back to consulate

11/17/06: Received Packet 4

11/25/06: Completed Medical Exam in Beijing

12/15/06: Interview in Guangzhou (Success!!)

12/19/06: Received K-1 visa

1/12/07: Entered U.S. (POE: SFO)

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS:

1/26/07: Applied for SSN

2/8/07: Medical exam for vaccinations

2/9/07: Received SSN

3/3/07: Married!! (WooHoo!!)

3/16/07: Changed name on SSN

4/3/07: Sent AOS application to Chicago

4/5/07: AOS application arrived in Chicago

4/16/07: Received NOAs for AOS, EAD, & AP (NOA date: 4/12)

4/24/07: Received biometrics appt. letter

5/7/07: Biometrics appointment

5/25/07: Received interview appt. letter

6/25/07: Received AP documents

6/28/07: Received EAD card

7/18/07: AOS Interview (Approved!)

7/30/07: Received 2-year green card

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

4/24/09: I-751 sent to CSC

4/27/09: I-751 arrived at CSC

5/13/09: Received NOA letter (NOA date: 4/27)

6/4/09: Received biometrics appt. letter

6/13/09: Biometrics appointment

8/6/09: Card production ordered

8/12/09: Received card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.