Nikita2Charles

Is visa required to travel to EU countries with a Green Card

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Remember for Schengen, you have to apply for a visa to the Schengen country that will be your first entry. So for instance, in Detroit, there are lots more flights to Amsterdam. In my case, it would probably be better to get the visa from the Netherlands than from Germany...

If you don't like Germany's rules (like having to show up in person), then see if you can get entry into another Schengen country and continue on into Germany.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I know USC don't need a visa to travel to EU countries as long as they are staying for less than 90 days. What about green card holder? do i need a visa to travel to Germany?

Go to Switzerland with green card and any passport.

And then how are you planning on getting into Germany or any other Schengen-country from Switzerland?

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I know USC don't need a visa to travel to EU countries as long as they are staying for less than 90 days. What about green card holder? do i need a visa to travel to Germany?

Go to Switzerland with green card and any passport.

And then how are you planning on getting into Germany or any other Schengen-country from Switzerland?

Spend your money in Switzerland. Don't go to countries that require visa if you are green card holder. Swiss are smart ;)

and they make cheese

AND TOP-QUALITY chocolate!!!

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Timeline

Nikita2Charles,

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp

I think other airlines have a similar feature on their sites also.

Yodrak

Thanks all who replied

I have submitted my papers for the Visa, I'll be heading from San francisco to Dublin, (CHerryXs= Thanx for pointing out the discrepancy, how's life on the east coast?) then Dublin to Dusseldoff GErmany and back from Germany to California. Sound fair, my husband needs a visa to Visit India so it's reciprocal as people from India needs visa to come here. But it's great though, you have more options, more places to visit with a US passport. My hubby wants me to get it as soon as the 3 years came so we can travel with less hassle.

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.