java100us

Notice from USCIS

20 posts in this topic

Yes, your marriage based green card is good for 2 years THEN you need to file a I-751 to have the condition removed for the 10-year card. Read the sticky posts in this forum for more information and remember, don't be LATE!

Edited by Steve D.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

you mean a notice in the mail saying "we have noticed that your GC is about to expire. don't forget to remove conditions"? No you don't. At the AOS interview they give you (or at least, they gave me) a piece of paper with the date of expiration of the GC and the earliest date to ROC.

I did. I didn't get anything at interview, as we weren't interviewed for AOS. I got a notice in the mail as a memory jogger I suppose. Not everyone gets that though.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Does anyone get "Notice of requirement to file joint petition to remove the conditional basis of an alien's permanent resident status" letter from USCIS?

Yes I received two copies :) No date to file by just to file to remove conditions and failure to do so may result in the termination of my status..yada yada.

Yes I received two copies :) No date to file by just to file to remove conditions and failure to do so may result in the termination of my status..yada yada.

Funny how they double up :) I read a short while ago about some one filing for ROC that ended up with 6 NOA1's lol..caught in a loop there for sure.

Timeline

Interesting. At the AOS interview they expressly warned us to write down the date in a calendar, because we would not get any reminder in the mail. Let's see if we receive it in a few months from now.

i got a notice reminding us (which was a good thing, as life was in turmoil at that point). are there really two versions? a reminder and then a warning? hadn't heard that reported before.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Just the one. They remind you to file, and warn you about the consequences. If you don't have an interview you won't get that paper from the Interviewer. You might get a reminder in the post. That isn't always the case. Pays to make a careful note of the date when the window opens to file.

thanks for clarifying my misinterpretation!

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Timeline

Nowadays we all have smartphones and iPod and iPad and other electronic devices with an incorporated calendar. It takes 15 seconds to type in the date. Also, I don't know you guys, but I remember my 90-day window initial date better than my birthday. I could be waken up in the middle of the night and I would shout without hesitation "SEPTEMBER 6, 2012!".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think that is the "Reminder to remove conditions letter". Some people get them and some do not. I gave up expecting one having moved twice after AOS.

Nowadays we all have smartphones

i want a smartphone.

i keep track of our USCIS progress with notches on our outhouse door.

I think that is the "Reminder to remove conditions letter". Some people get them and some do not. I gave up expecting one having moved twice after AOS.

probably a good idea, methinks.

i like your caribou-themed timeline a lot.

wow. did the board just do an automatic multi-quote for me? i have tried to figure out how to multi-quote, but i havent figured it out.

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Timeline

i want a smartphone.

i keep track of our USCIS progress with notches on our outhouse door.

probably a good idea, methinks.

i like your caribou-themed timeline a lot.

wow. did the board just do an automatic multi-quote for me? i have tried to figure out how to multi-quote, but i havent figured it out.

The good old paper calendar hanging in the kitchen will serve the purpose. Even a sticky on the fridge. Or a tattoo on a part of your body you can check regularly :) No need for a smartphone.

Nowadays we all have smartphones and iPod and iPad and other electronic devices with an incorporated calendar. It takes 15 seconds to type in the date. Also, I don't know you guys, but I remember my 90-day window initial date better than my birthday. I could be waken up in the middle of the night and I would shout without hesitation "SEPTEMBER 6, 2012!".

:rofl: I'm the same way myself. I had read where they don't always send those letters, so I wrote it in more than one place and set an electronic whatsit to make sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.