Anurag1

Very very very tough life now... Plz HELP

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All !! This is really a sad story now. When we decided to be together here in US, everything seems so good and we were happy. We were confident that with my degrees ( Bachelors in Accounting & MBA (Finance) ) from India and more then 5 years of experience working for different American companies in India (Through consulting and outsourcing) I will find something in US. So I landed here in June, got my EAD in August and green card in october. Since september I have gone all out looking for a job, met all the recruiters, have been interviewed by like 4 different organizations...but all in vain. No Success... Many recruiters have even stopped answering my calls. Never felt so unwanted and sad... All this is causing so much stress for both of us... at times both of us cry (but dont show to each other). We thought of this as a wonderful dream come true to be together after all that hard work and pain of immigration process but now I feel I am in a deep dark tunnel and there is no end to it. Thinking of leaving US now but she can't because she is still doing her graduation. Brings tears to my eyes when I look at her innocent face and the situation we are in :-( .... very very very tough life now. Please advise what should I do. Any help will be appreciated.

From what I can see, you have good credentials to be honest. Before I moved to the USA, I worked for a US company for two years and I have a BA from a European Uni. I came here, got my EAD, got called for 7-8 interviews and got three job offers. I started working two weeks after I got my EAD.

It helps if you are based in a big metropolitan area. My advice is just keep looking, tweak your resume, sell yourself when you go in an interview and make sure your CV matches the job requirments.

Good luck with your search!

Man, this is really not a bad situation at all. Does your wife have a job? Then your spot is not so tough.

I have Master's in air traffic control, my husband is a pilot. Since they only allow citizens to work for the FAA, I have to sit and wait getting closer to the age limit when they won't accept me. In March my husband lost his job. Dang! We literally couldn't afford getting a chocolate bar without counting it into our budget. I went working as a morning stocker in JC Penney. Yep, had to take off my crown and forget about the highly paid job I used to have and which I was proud of (in good sense=).

After 8 months of struggle he found a new job and we moved. Did I try to find anything better than carrying boxes at 7 in the morning? Yes, I did. Was I accepted? Nope.

It's so damn painful but at least he is working now, you know.

Don't give up like I eventually did. Best of luck.

Edited by AmberOctober

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You have to be using multiple headhunters! 4 interviews is nothing. I know people had 20 to 30 interviews and still sitting at home.

Post the resume many websites, not just apply for the jobs.

Apply for jobs with your full experience and education and also have a less education resume for lower paying jobs. Most companies will have an idea of what the salary ranges are with your experience and education. Attack this from different levels. I know a guy with a new Phd and no experience took 2 years to get a job because this pay was pretty high without experience. A big risk for any company.

=====================

CR-1 Process

=====================

06/10/2011 - I-130 package sent USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/14/2011 - NOA1

10/21/2011 - I-130 approved (NOA2)

11/19/2011 - NVC recevied case

11/21/2011 - Called NVC for AOS bill and DS-3032

11/21/2011 - Paid AOS Bill

11/21/2011 - EP request and DS-3032 to NVC

11/23/2011 - EP came and DS-3032 accepted

11/23/2011 - Submit I-864

11/28/2011 - Paid IV Bill

11/29/2011 - Submit DS-230

12/05/2011 - Case completed

12/08/2011 - Interview date set

12/11/2011 - Medical exam

01/11/2011 - Document intake day

01/12/2012 - Interview - Approved

03/09/2012 - POE - LAX

Hi All !! This is really a sad story now. When we decided to be together here in US, everything seems so good and we were happy. We were confident that with my degrees ( Bachelors in Accounting & MBA (Finance) ) from India and more then 5 years of experience working for different American companies in India (Through consulting and outsourcing) I will find something in US. So I landed here in June, got my EAD in August and green card in october. Since september I have gone all out looking for a job, met all the recruiters, have been interviewed by like 4 different organizations...but all in vain. No Success... Many recruiters have even stopped answering my calls. Never felt so unwanted and sad... All this is causing so much stress for both of us... at times both of us cry (but dont show to each other). We thought of this as a wonderful dream come true to be together after all that hard work and pain of immigration process but now I feel I am in a deep dark tunnel and there is no end to it. Thinking of leaving US now but she can't because she is still doing her graduation. Brings tears to my eyes when I look at her innocent face and the situation we are in :-( .... very very very tough life now. Please advise what should I do. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Anurag1,

I was just like you when I came here in America. I didn't know if I can get a job after I got my work permit. I helped my husband when he was working in a health food store but I only did it for like 3 months because we have to move in to another city in California. Right now, I am doing an online job that can create some income.

I suggest you look for a job that does not require experience at first. I am currently doing an online job that does not require experience. I suggest that you at least check out this website www.create-income-now.ws. This is a job opportunity that does not cost anything to get started.

Hope this helps and goodluck.

Bernadette Mickevich

bernadette@create-income-now.ws

(760) 813-5384

• 2 weeks later...

My interviews seems to be perfectly fine. Except for couple of them asked me about SEC filing like 10K and 10Q which I do not have experience in. I have very good background working for some really big names on behalf of third parties in India. I was promoted in my last job due to my ability to make an impact on the bottomline of the client, which I have mentioned in my resume as my accomplishment. But it seems that everyone is wary of hiring someone who is out of job and that is what hurts me, because I always held myself in high regards and with big ambitions. Now it all seems to be falling apart... No one is giving me an opportunity and believe me that I can really be a big asset for the company who hires me. But the wait seems to be loooooooooooong and never ending.... It just makes me feel so worthless and bad. Its difficult to even describe it. :-( (Please let me know more about that college interview thing....Where can I go for it and talk to whom. I am close to University of Texas- Dallas. I would like to know if I am messing up somewhere during my interviews). Thanks !!

hi, my brother is an Accountant. He got his BS Accountancy in Philippines. If you've worked for big/multinational companies in India perhaps some higher management that you are friends with there can give you a recommendation? or try to get a CPA licence here, that's what my brother did. Also, don't despair. I have to be honest, even MCDONALDS didn't call me back and I have a BS Business Administration degree. I gave up job hunting due to pregnancy and now taking care of baby. keep sending those resumes out, I'm sure you'll find something soon.

• 1 month later...

I have a CPA license in the Philippines and am a Certified Internal Auditor (which is an International Certification - my certificate was even issued in New York). I have 10 years of experience in the Philippines and my last job title was Controller in a medium-size business. The companies really do look for US experience. It is difficult, because I have even applied for entry level jobs just to get my foot in the door ... but still no interview. I've been looking for a month now and have contacted Robert Half. It seems like the job market is still down.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there,

I feel sorry and could related with you. It's just recently that I got a decent job in a software company. I graduated with a BS Comp. Science in the Phils., an MBA in France and an extensive experience in IT in different countries. Yet, I did all the menial jobs you could think of when I arrived here to the US. Just be patient, pray and while you're waiting for any jobs, do volunteer work in the church or non-profit organization to make you feel better. Don't let depression eat you. Also, try to apply in different schools to further up your studies. Be confident and once again, pray!

Cheers!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.