lgg

Fellow Canadian VJers removing Conditions..

407 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there... who all is removing their conditions in the next few months? I'm allowed to do so at the end of this month and I just wondered how you all were doing it. What kind of evidence you had and such.

Comparing notes and all. You know.

:D

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh...7 months after filing and we're still waiting. I hope yours goes smoother and quicker

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed back in August. I'm still waiting.... Vermont is taking 6-7 months right now! I'm guessing I'll get my card in March.

We sent a mix of financial/bank/retirement statements showing eachother as beneficiaries and showing a large amount of money in our joint names (we're saving for a house), a letter explaining why we don't have a joint lease/mortgage, joint insurance documents, affidavits from friends, tons of receipts from vacations/trips we've taken together, a couple photos, and various other documents showing both our names on things.

I'm hoping our financial documents will be the most compelling since we have a lot invested in savings/retirement that we both share.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I mailed my RoC packet on November 1st. The cheque cleared yesterday, but I haven't gotten my NOA1 yet. It may show up today yet.

I posted my cover letter and list here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/336576-i-751-cover-letter-and-list/

Good luck!

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

I sent off all my stuff Sept and i'm done biometrics and waiting to hear approval or interview.

No 'touches' or any info going on at the online case status stuff. Mine is at CSC curently

A CSC filer who filed after me apparently is already approved and has the green card in hand. Its the first Sept filer but is so far not giving details on approval date etc to update the timeline we have going on.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

We sent our package in at the beginning of June. We had biometrics in early July and have been waiting since then. It's great how it's no biggie to wait at this point though. I watch people on the ROC forum who are sweating, and I don't get it. We're not separated from our loved ones like the first time around, and it's not like we can't travel, so all is good. smile.gif If by chance an RFE shows up, you send in more info. Again, no biggie. Fortunately, we filed at the CSC (although I'll never understand why geographically speaking), so I'm guessing we'll hear from them in the next week or two. Sometimes they seem to be taking cases in order and other times they seriously jump around from month to month, so it's hard to say.

Timeline

Some don't have to worry an some do just because they can or are over stressed people.

I am however away from my husband for lengthy periods of time as he deploys. So basically i'm left here with just a paper saying its OK to be here lol that worrys me.

Not to mention the fact that we could PCS at any given time and be sent across the USA or out of the USA and have no green card....

That said... i filled my ROC with so much military stuff and deployment papers etc in hopes they would consider thos things but no luck so far.

Just have to be content with worrying until the new GC is in my hand and hope to god they do not PCS us or nothing happens while i'm on base etc.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

My first post here in...like...forever!

But yes, I'm in the same boat now too. I've got the instructions printed out and am fretting, of course, over making sure I've got enough support information to file this thing. I'm a tad confused about the affidavits -- are they written first, then notarized...or do they have to be written AT the notary (or BY the notary, for that matter)? I don't want to overthink it, but being in USCIS' thrall again worries me.

Hope y'all are well!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

My first post here in...like...forever!

But yes, I'm in the same boat now too. I've got the instructions printed out and am fretting, of course, over making sure I've got enough support information to file this thing. I'm a tad confused about the affidavits -- are they written first, then notarized...or do they have to be written AT the notary (or BY the notary, for that matter)? I don't want to overthink it, but being in USCIS' thrall again worries me.

Hope y'all are well!

My take on affidavits:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/338263-affidavit-question-and-response/

My cover letter and list:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/336576-i-751-cover-letter-and-list/

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

Thanks for responding you all and hello, Wyatt! I finished our package today but I'm still about a week early for mailing. I'm not doing any affidavits, I may if we get an RFE. But I have a ton of stuff. I am worried about the fact that we don't own the house together but the vehicles are in both our names. We also keep our finances in separate banks but we live together financially. I'm just glad this'll be done soon. Hope you guys are all well.

:)

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

sent out all my stuff already..biometrics on the 30th. hoping for a speedy approval lol

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

sent out all my stuff already..biometrics on the 30th. hoping for a speedy approval lol

well now that we are adding in all that we included in the packet and i cannot edit my response. i will tell you all now :)

our lease, 3 photos, 3 joint bank statements (one in 09, one in 10, one in 11), joint tax return for 2010, joint auto insurance, joint auto loan. there maybe more but now i honestly don't remember lol

its great because now i'm not worried like it was mentioned above i'm here, i'm with my husband, if they need anything else from me they can have but i'm not going to stress. i do think i will go for citizenship next year to make myself a 100% permanent fixture here

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

I am not on the deed for the house nor the mortgage either as we would have to refinance and we have a great rate and it wasn't an issue when I removed conditions. I wrote the reasons why I wasn't in the cover letter but included the bank statement from our joint account from where the mortgage was paid and highlighted that, as well as including copies of work orders and invoices that I signed or paid for concerning work done on the house. Showing how you are also involved in maintaining the property is useful evidence as well that you are both living in the same house and sharing responsibilities for its well-being and maintenance.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Thanks Kathryn! Thanks for saying that as I'm including invoices where I've paid to have work done on the house, like carpet being installed.

I'm feeling kind of okay about it. I included flight itineraries from 3 trips we took. Also, a copy of my recently deceased fathers obituary that lists my husband and I. It's obvious to me that our lives are connected. I hope they think so.

Also... Is it my imagination or is this a cake walk compared to the CR1 stuff??? :)

<br />I am not on the deed for the house nor the mortgage either as we would have to refinance and we have a great rate and it wasn't an issue when I removed conditions.  I wrote the reasons why I wasn't in the cover letter but included the bank statement from our joint account from where the mortgage was paid and highlighted that, as well as including copies of work orders and invoices that I signed or paid for concerning work done on the house.  Showing how you are also involved in maintaining the property is useful evidence as well that you are both living in the same house and sharing responsibilities for its well-being and maintenance.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

And yeah. Great point Beans. If they want more stuff they can have it. We are here already and it's all legit. So easy. I hope. But remember how laborious the CR1 was??

Sorry if I sound all stunted and weird. I'm typing on my phone. :)

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.