maning

Forgot To Make Copies of Our K-1 Visa Forms ( -_-*)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, I made copies of our entire K-1 petition package we sent out the first time... now we are at the interview stage and I'm preparing all our paperwork for the interview and realized that I don't have a copy of our I-129F and G-325A forms we sent in to the USCIS. I think I didn't make a copy of them because I assumed that I had to update them later with a new date and signature once we reach our interview stage.

I did save our I-129F and G-325A forms on my computer, but they are not dated and signed and I forgot the dates we entered on our forms before. What should we do... should we just date them with the current date and sign them again?

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, I made copies of our entire K-1 petition package we sent out the first time... now we are at the interview stage and I'm preparing all our paperwork for the interview and realized that I don't have a copy of our I-129F and G-325A forms we sent in to the USCIS. I think I didn't make a copy of them because I assumed that I had to update them later with a new date and signature once we reach our interview stage.

I did save our I-129F and G-325A forms on my computer, but they are not dated and signed and I forgot the dates we entered on our forms before. What should we do... should we just date them with the current date and sign them again?

For what?

You do not need them again for any reason. It is good to keep them for your information, but you will not be needing them. For the AOS you will fill out a NEW G-325a for your (then) wife.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Copies are highly suggested but not required so your fiancee could review the details (esp the I-129f, G325A) and serve as your back up if God forbid, it's lost in the mail. Any details there could be asked during the interview as a test of how well your fiancee knows you. It also happens that the embassy losses some pages or part of your application and your fiancee will be asked to provide it again.

Letter of Intent is the only one that's need to be updated closer to the interview but a lot of Filipino peeps here said that the Co won't even ask fo rit. Better get t ready though.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Agree with Gary & Alla.

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Timeline

always good to have complete copy. I did see a post about a month ago where embassy allowed the fiance to provide a lost page from her copy.

Edited by Jim N Augie

Timeline

Do not add dates or signatures to your copies. Just use the copies you have. While it is not needed to have a copy at the interview, it is a good idea to know the information. What you don't want to happen is to have what you claim to be a copy, but with a forged signature and a different date and for some reason someone to notice you have differing dates.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.