Bornie

Is this going to be a problem?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi there folks, i am new here and several weeks ago my fiance applyed for a k1 visa. BUT in august when i was suppose to visit her (on my tourist visa) they wouldnt let me in.

so now i am registered and i am denied entrance on tourist visa, will that have any effect on my K1 VISA?

Norway-180-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-180-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Timeline

If you filed before you visited her and had not visited her in the last two years and you lied to qualify for the K1, then yes.. that will be a problem.

My intention wasn`t to lie, and i was supposed to visit her so we could WORK on our k1 visa and then i would return home after the 3 month stay.

I think what Dale is telling you is that it's going to be a problem only if it means you haven't met in the two years before filing (which is one of the main requirements). If you have met in the 2 years prior to filing, and then you were just refused an entry now after you filed, then no, it's not a problem. Many people get refused entry on tourist visas but they have no problems getting a K1. These two types of visas have completely different purposes and intends, so if you're going for the one pertinent to your intends, then the other type has no bearing.

**Removal of conditions**

10/01/2014 Package sent to California Service Center

10/03/2014 NOA1

10/10/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter, Biometrics scheduled for 10/30/14

10/22/2014 Early Biometrics Walk-in - Cleveland, OH - weird experience with the clerk there - told me I can go ahead and get my biometrics taken early, but it might be too early and it might not go through??? If it might be a problem, then why let me do it at all?

02/10/2015 New Biometrics letter received, Biometrics scheduled for 03/09/15- I guess that clerk was right??

03/09/2015 Second biometrics

..waiting..

5/15/2015 Put in a service request online - outside of processing time

5/18/2015 Approved!

5/23/2015 Card in hand

Timeline

I think what Dale is telling you is that it's going to be a problem only if it means you haven't met in the two years before filing (which is one of the main requirements). If you have met in the 2 years prior to filing, and then you were just refused an entry now after you filed, then no, it's not a problem. Many people get refused entry on tourist visas but they have no problems getting a K1. These two types of visas have completely different purposes and intends, so if you're going for the one pertinent to your intends, then the other type has no bearing.

Oh ok thank you so much for the help :)

Yes we have met in person, she came to norway the day after i got denied.

Great, but have you met before you filed the petition? That's what they care about at this stage. They will ask you how many times and when you've met at your interview. For the original petition they have this requirement - met at least once before you filed in the 2 years prior to filing.

Good luck on your journey!

10/03/2014 NOA1

10/10/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter, Biometrics scheduled for 10/30/14

10/22/2014 Early Biometrics Walk-in - Cleveland, OH - weird experience with the clerk there - told me I can go ahead and get my biometrics taken early, but it might be too early and it might not go through??? If it might be a problem, then why let me do it at all?

02/10/2015 New Biometrics letter received, Biometrics scheduled for 03/09/15- I guess that clerk was right??

..waiting..

5/18/2015 Approved!

5/23/2015 Card in hand

Timeline

Great, but have you met before you filed the petition? That's what they care about at this stage. They will ask you how many times and when you've met at your interview. For the original petition they have this requirement - met at least once before you filed in the 2 years prior to filing.

Good luck on your journey!

Yeah, the thing is she had to come here and she could only stay for 3 days. So we met in person, and filled out the forms and pictures and all the necessery stuff. And when she came back to the US she filed the petition

Alright, good. Just wanted to make sure you understand the requirements. I wish you guys fast and easy visa journey. :) And don't worry about your refused entry, just remember to be completely honest when it comes time for your interview, because they might ask. If your refusal was solely based on not being able to prove you'll go back to your home country, then they won't care. :thumbs:

(I mean they probably would care if you were refused due to criminal activity for example, etc.; but I assume that's not the case.)

10/03/2014 NOA1

..waiting..

5/18/2015 Approved!

5/23/2015 Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, sorry to be abrupt. I was short because I was working at the time and didn't review my statement. Sounds like you are good to file the K1. I don't know of your total time together but if the meeting was less than a week, I would recommend you get at least double that before your interview if you can. Seems like I read where someone else had a short stay of 3 days and it was brought up and I am not sure of the result. Search for "short stay" on VJ to find the comments.

Timeline

Yes, sorry to be abrupt. I was short because I was working at the time and didn't review my statement. Sounds like you are good to file the K1. I don't know of your total time together but if the meeting was less than a week, I would recommend you get at least double that before your interview if you can. Seems like I read where someone else had a short stay of 3 days and it was brought up and I am not sure of the result. Search for "short stay" on VJ to find the comments.

Thank you so much for the replies guys, you are the best :)

yeah she is coming here in december now and staying for two weeks :) thanx for the tip guys

I don't know of your total time together but if the meeting was less than a week, I would recommend you get at least double that before your interview if you can.

Excellent point, DaleFlorida, I forgot to cover that in my post. :thumbs:

10/03/2014 NOA1

..waiting..

5/18/2015 Approved!

5/23/2015 Card in hand

Timeline

Hi, don't worry :) its no bearing ! It happened to me before I got denied too on tourist visa, but just recently I got approved for K-1. Thank God. Always be hopeful and love forever !:)

Thats good to hear :) i hope everything works out for you.

they denied me at newark airport, did they had an long interregation sequence with you too ?? and did they asked any question on the ambasade regarding the tourist visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, don't worry :) its no bearing ! It happened to me before I got denied too on tourist visa, but just recently I got approved for K-1. Thank God. Always be hopeful and love forever !:)

may I ask what airport denied you? I'm going to NY through Dallas to visit my fiancé on my tourist visa in Dec for the holidays...

thanks

K1
10/04/2011 - I-129F sent [/font]
10/06/2011 - I-129F received at USCIS/Dallas and routed to Vermont
10/12/2011 - NOA1 email and text message + check cashed. (NOA1 hardcopy date is Oct 11)
12/20/2011 - She went to the US with a tourist visa to spend 2 weeks with him
01/27/2012 - NOA2 (hard copy came in the mail on Feb 1 + text message, email and website update)
02/13/2012 - SENT EMAIL TO RIO DE JANEIRO CONSULATE TO GET INTERVIEW DATE
04/03/2012 - INTERVIEW IN RIO DE JANEIRO - APPROVED
04/10/2012 - Passport with visa + sealed envelope received [/color]
08/27/2012 - POE Atlanta
09/01/2012 - Married!

AOS
09/25/2012 - AOS + EAD + AP sent
09/27/2012 - AOS package received in Chicago
10/02/2012 - Text messages + email received with 3 case numbers showing NOA for EAD + AP Sep 28/ NOA I-485 Oct 1
10/03/2012 - Check cashed $1,070.00
12/07/2012 - EAD + Travel Permit combo card

07/22/2013 - GC approved

07/25/2013 - GC in production

07/29/2013 - GC received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

05/14/2015 - Package sent

05/18/2015 - Package received in Vermont

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

don't worry! I have both a visa denial, and a border denial and I did just fine. Granted, I was under scrutiny when crossing the border since then, and I decided to include a statement about my denial so as to avoid being questioned. It was all fine, and as long as you are totally honest, you are ok. I even lied to them at the border crossing, hence my denial, but I'm here now and have crossed twice before then. You'll be ok! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.