tgirl

cr1 marriage visa help

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello everyone,

i would like feedbacks nd advice on my issue. i am a united states citizen and i have a fiancee from nigeria who will be migrationg to south africa soon. i was trying to file the 1-129 for him but advised by my lawyer to wait till after marriage due to the fact that 3 to 4ys ago my fiancee had been to the consulate in lagos about 3times for interview and was denied, the last denial was based on him having a fraudulent shengen visa on his passport which unknown to him was fraudulent because he paid a travel agent for the issuance of the visa. anyways he was denied the visa and am sure they probably have dat in thier records.all this was before we met.....he also was once married and the wife is late as if now no kids involved. based on this premises, lawyer adviced that we till after marriage before i apply. the wedding ceremonyis set for august 2012, but we plan to have a court wedding sometime in march to help speed up stuffs.

my question is if anyone out there dat has gone thru same issues as mine and succeded in getting a visa to us, how did you go thru it and what information and evidence of proof of relationshiop and how best to handle the situation. i will start d filing next year and do not want to lack any information that might be of help so dat my fiancee would join me as soon as possible, tryin not to ge lawyer involved until if i need a waiver to savecosts....positive ideas and support are welcome...fanks in advance as i lookforwardto your reply

Moving to CR-1 visa forum.

OP, you may want to look into the African regional forum here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/89-africa-sub-saharan/

There is A LOT of visa refusals coming out of Nigeria due to fraud - may want to read up on various issues and be prepared when you get your petition together.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Moving to CR-1 visa forum.

OP, you may want to look into the African regional forum here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/89-africa-sub-saharan/

There is A LOT of visa refusals coming out of Nigeria due to fraud - may want to read up on various issues and be prepared when you get your petition together.

thank you so much, the interview will not be in nigeria becausehe is relocationg to south africa...i do hope they are more lenient..thanks

thank you so much, the interview will not be in nigeria becausehe is relocationg to south africa...i do hope they are more lenient..thanks

Computer systems these days are all connected - he may be denied based on previous visa fraud (even if it is Schengen visa) as it will be in the system. He as the applicant is responsible to know if his visa is real or not, can't blame others. You may want to consult an immigration lawyer experiences with Nigeria cases like this to gauge what are your chances.Embassy in SA will have access to all previous system information for his visa applications.

Edited by milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Moving to a new embassy will not help him. He has a tag for misrespresentation in his file and will need to overcome that. When they returned his passport to him did they make any notations in it ( a series of numbers and letters ) It would show what they tagged him with an give you an idea of what you have to fight. What type of visa was he previously trying to get ? When he applies for his next visa he has to disclose the previous denials and they will look at them.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

hello everyone,

i would like feedbacks nd advice on my issue. i am a united states citizen and i have a fiancee from nigeria who will be migrationg to south africa soon. i was trying to file the 1-129 for him but advised by my lawyer to wait till after marriage due to the fact that 3 to 4ys ago my fiancee had been to the consulate in lagos about 3times for interview and was denied, the last denial was based on him having a fraudulent shengen visa on his passport which unknown to him was fraudulent because he paid a travel agent for the issuance of the visa. anyways he was denied the visa and am sure they probably have dat in thier records.all this was before we met.....he also was once married and the wife is late as if now no kids involved. based on this premises, lawyer adviced that we till after marriage before i apply. the wedding ceremonyis set for august 2012, but we plan to have a court wedding sometime in march to help speed up stuffs.

my question is if anyone out there dat has gone thru same issues as mine and succeded in getting a visa to us, how did you go thru it and what information and evidence of proof of relationshiop and how best to handle the situation. i will start d filing next year and do not want to lack any information that might be of help so dat my fiancee would join me as soon as possible, tryin not to ge lawyer involved until if i need a waiver to savecosts....positive ideas and support are welcome...fanks in advance as i lookforwardto your reply

I would suggest that you not simply do a court wedding just to try to speed things up. My suggestion is that you make sure you both have a traditional wedding where his family and community are involved or your family and friends are involved. If he suggested a court wedding, take it as a warning sign. Don't let him promise you a real wedding later. Of curse I don't know your situation, but I've heard this before myself. We had a court wedding and my husband didn't respect our marriage at all and I heard him on the phone saying that it didn't mean anything. A court wedding means nothing to a Nigerian. Wait for him to have a traditional wedding where the entire community is there and watching him marry you.....that way he has a serious butt kicking coming if he starts behaving badly towards you and he'll have not only your family but his as well breathing down his neck to act responsibly.

Good luck and best wishes

Edited by What Happened?

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Timeline

Moving to a new embassy will not help him. He has a tag for misrespresentation in his file and will need to overcome that. When they returned his passport to him did they make any notations in it ( a series of numbers and letters ) It would show what they tagged him with an give you an idea of what you have to fight. What type of visa was he previously trying to get ? When he applies for his next visa he has to disclose the previous denials and they will look at them.

i am not sure if they did but he does not have the passport anymore since nigerian changed its passport to the ecowas passport, he said something about a bead conference here in united states something about arts. not that we moving but since he is relocating to SA we figured he might as well have his interview there instead of coming back to nigeria to save time and money. we will definately disclose this. do you know how best to fight his misrepresentation

Timeline

I would suggest that you not simply do a court wedding just to try to speed things up. My suggestion is that you make sure you both have a traditional wedding where his family and community are involved or your family and friends are involved. If he suggested a court wedding, take it as a warning sign. Don't let him promise you a real wedding later. Of curse I don't know your situation, but I've heard this before myself. We had a court wedding and my husband didn't respect our marriage at all and I heard him on the phone saying that it didn't mean anything. A court wedding means nothing to a Nigerian. Wait for him to have a traditional wedding where the entire community is there and watching him marry you.....that way he has a serious butt kicking coming if he starts behaving badly towards you and he'll have not only your family but his as well breathing down his neck to act responsibly.

Good luck and best wishes

thank you so much. we did an introduction already where both families were present, i spent daiz with him at his family hoiz so they are aware of the relationship. we just thot with the introduction pics and the court wedding we can atleast start something and then have the big wedding in august.

Timeline

i am not sure if they did but he does not have the passport anymore since nigerian changed its passport to the ecowas passport, he said something about a bead conference here in united states something about arts. not that we moving but since he is relocating to SA we figured he might as well have his interview there instead of coming back to nigeria to save time and money. we will definately disclose this. do you know how best to fight his misrepresentation

oh i just asked him and he told me his passport was returned but they did not write anything on it..

i just asked him he told me the passport was returned and nothin was written on it

Timeline

The Nigerian Government advised the American Embassy against writing Refusal Notes/stamps on the Passport and it hinders Visa issuance from future countries..It lead to Nigerians going for New Passport at will until the introduction of ECOWAS Passport.

Even though,his passport wasnt stamped for refusal,his record still lies with the embassy bcos of thumbprint,dob n names and submitted info.

Like its earlier said,let ur Marriage be tradition,with same attires and lots of pics with family n friends..

Wishin u the best Visa Journey

The Nigerian Government advised the American Embassy against writing Refusal Notes/stamps on the Passport and it hinders Visa issuance from future countries..It lead to Nigerians going for New Passport at will until the introduction of ECOWAS Passport.

Even though,his passport wasnt stamped for refusal,his record still lies with the embassy bcos of thumbprint,dob n names and submitted info.

Like its earlier said,let ur Marriage be tradition,with same attires and lots of pics with family n friends..

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Timeline

thank you so much. we did an introduction already where both families were present, i spent daiz with him at his family hoiz so they are aware of the relationship. we just thot with the introduction pics and the court wedding we can atleast start something and then have the big wedding in august.

Don't do it girl. Either have a small traditional wedding with both families and friends present and before his priest or pastor now and then do the court wedding or wait until you can have your big wedding in August. If you do a court wedding, you need to have every big and crazy looking man in your family and neighborhood (and some Nigerian ones too) have a talk with him and make sure they let him know how special you are to them and put fear into his heart so that he won't even think of slacking off without being reminded to fear for his life. Even if you think he is the sweetest thing on the planet with the prettiest smile, do this......

I'm going to go back to my corner now..:) I've said my 2 cents.

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Timeline

Don't do it girl. Either have a small traditional wedding with both families and friends present and before his priest or pastor now and then do the court wedding or wait until you can have your big wedding in August. If you do a court wedding, you need to have every big and crazy looking man in your family and neighborhood (and some Nigerian ones too) have a talk with him and make sure they let him know how special you are to them and put fear into his heart so that he won't even think of slacking off without being reminded to fear for his life. Even if you think he is the sweetest thing on the planet with the prettiest smile, do this......

I'm going to go back to my corner now..:) I've said my 2 cents.

rotflmao u so funny with the crazy big men area idea but u so rite though...its a good idea... ifink at this point and the advice i got i will wait till after the wedding

thaank you so much

thanks for replying and the info ...at this point i leave it in gods hands

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nigerians have a rough time getting visas to the US from any embassy. It isn't just a Lagos thing. It would appear to the CO that he has a history of trying to "get" into the US. Not sure how a bead conference would have been a reason to travel. Was he supposedly invited as a speaker or was it just something that struck his interest , does he work in the field somehow ? And then to have a fake visa ( non US) in his passports does not bode well for his apparent honesty. This is probably a kinder version of what is in his file. Now you are going to be the centerpiece of his next attempt to gain entry. ( sorry if this sounds harsh but I tend to put thing out there because the CO is going to do the same )

So now the question is do you have enough to prove your relationship is 120% real.

How many visits have you made there, and how long was each one ?

What are your relative ages ?

Are you white , black , asian or ???

Has your hubby to be traveled outside of Africa before ?

How did the two of you meet.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think what happened? 's advice is dead on, dont rush it with a court wedding which is meaningless in his culture, and would look shady in the eyes of the embassy. Take the advice and have a proper nigerian wedding....it will be more authentic and mean more to him and his culture as well. good luck

Timeline

Nigerians have a rough time getting visas to the US from any embassy. It isn't just a Lagos thing. It would appear to the CO that he has a history of trying to "get" into the US. Not sure how a bead conference would have been a reason to travel. Was he supposedly invited as a speaker or was it just something that struck his interest , does he work in the field somehow ? And then to have a fake visa ( non US) in his passports does not bode well for his apparent honesty. This is probably a kinder version of what is in his file. Now you are going to be the centerpiece of his next attempt to gain entry. ( sorry if this sounds harsh but I tend to put thing out there because the CO is going to do the same )

So now the question is do you have enough to prove your relationship is 120% real.

How many visits have you made there, and how long was each one ?

What are your relative ages ?

Are you white , black , asian or ???

Has your hubby to be traveled outside of Africa before ?

How did the two of you meet.

thanks we met in nov last yr and since we sin each oda twice and have proofs up to date for a bonafide relationship and intend to continue to gather more proof ...thanks for your reply... he doeshv a age misrepresentation nd marriage from trying to get a visa before,so the issue gets complicated but a lawyer advised we stay with d age and marital status he once used so all we deal with is d visa fraud...what do you think

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.