paulnsheng

Issues with the NSO in Philippines

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Friends, i am not muslim but i know in Islam it is alright for muslim guys to have a max of THREE (3) WIVES as long as he can provide for all of them, treat all involved fair, etc... so if the ex is muslim, him being married to somebody else doesn't mean he can no longer marry another girl.

and here in the phils., with the right amount of money and connections, yes, anything is possible. but i do hope that your girl is telling you the truth. i wish you both good luck and hope you can solve this mess soon.

It may be "hard" to fake a wedding but in the Philippines anything can happened because it happened to us. It sounds like you have already got your cenomar and it says that she is married. Is that correct? My fiance had a ex-bf back in 2004 and she told him she won't have sex with him until she got married, so he forged the marriage license, forged her parents signature and had a fake judge marry them in city hall. Even with all these fake documents the NSO has her cenomar as her being married to him. And he is already married too. So we are in the process in getting her an annulment.

If you get an attorney make sure you get (reliable and good) references. There are many scam attorneys out there, especially if you are a foreigner. Prices range from 100,000 to 200,000 pesos, so I wouldn't pay more than that.

Good luck.

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Timeline

Under the Philippine family Code' The absence of any of the essential or formal requisites shall render the marriage void ab initio!

The marriage is void, if what your saying is true why do you need an annulment ?

Chapter 3. Void and Voidable Marriages

Art. 35. The following marriages shall be void from the beginning:

• (1) Those contracted by any party below eighteen years of age even with the consent of parents or guardians; (2) Those solemnized by any person not legally authorized to perform marriages unless such marriages were contracted with either or both parties believing in good faith that the solemnizing officer had the legal authority to do so;
    (3) Those solemnized without license, except those covered the preceding Chapter;
    (4) Those bigamous or polygamous marriages not failing under Article 41;
    (5) Those contracted through mistake of one contracting party as to the identity of the other; and
    (6) Those subsequent marriages that are void under Article 53.

This the route that we are trying to take. We all know that the government in the PI is not the most moral in the world. The guy was a marine Officer and is pretty well connected in Manila but.... he has had several marriage "contracts" and has half a dozen kids running around the PI. My gf is trying to get in contact with other girls that he has done this to and getting copies of those "contracts" as well, then she plans to go to the office where hers was processed and try to go from there. I know about the scams and of a lot of things that girls will try just to get out of the Philippines, i work all over Asia so I see it all the time in every country.

oh yeah, the guy is not muslim, he claims to be christian, she is muslim therefore requires the they have approval from the Shariah court before they file for a civil marriage, which, he never got.

Edited by paulnsheng

Timeline

Friends, i am not muslim but i know in Islam it is alright for muslim guys to have a max of THREE (3) WIVES as long as he can provide for all of them, treat all involved fair, etc... so if the ex is muslim, him being married to somebody else doesn't mean he can no longer marry another girl.

and here in the phils., with the right amount of money and connections, yes, anything is possible. but i do hope that your girl is telling you the truth. i wish you both good luck and hope you can solve this mess soon.

jennynjerry is talking about his experience not the paulnshengs experience.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Yeah how can you fake marriage contract? You have to make up the signature of your witnesses too? and the pictures?

I do not know how to get married in Muslim way but I am sure the requirement for legalizing their marriage is the same. You need birth certificate, parents consent if applicable, seminar, witnesses, ceremony and duly recognized person to marry a couple. That's a lot of documents to fake.

Not really..In this country..it's a matter of who u know..yes! this scenario could happen. :ot2: OP u have to hire a lawyer and be very wary..get a good honest one.

Timeline

The guy was a marine Officer and is pretty well connected in Manila but.... he has had several marriage "contracts" and has half a dozen kids running around the PI. My gf is trying to get in contact with other girls that he has done this to and getting copies of those "contracts"

Not really..In this country..it's a matter of who u know..yes! this scenario could happen.

That's only applicable when you are expediting stuff, not on getting back at someone. Regardless of who you know, if you did something wrong, it will someday get back at you and those people that helped you will all be taken down with you.

Usually when it is sounded rediculous its always not true, I think she is married and instead of telling you the truth she created a story (very common drama).

I would have to agree with griffin. It will sound more believable that she was fooled to get married and that the marriage was not done in a proper channel than the ex going berserk, filing a fake marriage that never took place. Lawyer is going to have a hard time with this kind of story. But who knows? it's your fiancee that knows the truth.

Happy New Year!

Timeline

I think you should get a lawyer too.

In addition, get proof of her hand writing........... Have both things analyzed. All the important documents signed.

Perhaps file a law suit again him........

Report him to the police for loss of consortium, defamation of character, fraud, embezzlement, forgery, filing a legal document in order to cause harm and malice, loss of wages (for your lady's was to work); intent to cause harm, pain and suffering, monetary damage to higher a lawyer and fees, etc.

Find out who sent the paper work in and from where

Call or get a government representative involved.

Have their version of he FBI get involved

Good Luck.

That's only applicable when you are expediting stuff, not on getting back at someone. Regardless of who you know, if you did something wrong, it will someday get back at you and those people that helped you will all be taken down with you.

Gurl, notice the word I chose..COULD HAPPEN..not necessarily mean I am totally married to the idea or truthfullness of the story..I aggree the scenario seem weird and suspicious especially this is Philippines! :unsure:

Edited by issha

P.S. She is muslim and therefore is required to go thru the Sharia (muslim) court system to get married, is there anything that Sharia court can provide to help our situation?

I am not an expert for sharia law. But here a few things:

• If she does not married him, ex bf just can't falsified document like that. In Islam, woman need wali for nikah (marriage), ulama, and witnesses.
  • If there is a autonomy region for muslim there (I know PI is most Catholics), you can try marry there by registering to muslim marriage office.
  • After nikah, you can apply marriage certificate to muslim marriages office (not sure in PI but in Indonesia, but we have here called KUA). She can report him about falsified document.
  • Use her parents witnesses to police that they never give a hand to this ex-bf for marriage. In Islam, woman need permission from her guardian for marriage.
  • your fiancee can provide proof about falsified document report from police for K-1 if the marriage offices can't removed the document.
  • Out of my curiousity, is it easy to falsified marriage certificate there? wow.gif

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

While it is certainly possible get a fake marriage in the Phils., based on my experience and knowledge from working there over the last several years I would guess the most likely probability is that the marriage was not faked.

I wish you the best, but get a lawyer and find out.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

I'll take that.

He still needs a nullity of marriage which a lot of people confused with annulment. It is really sounds confusing.

I never confused the word 'void' with annulment, in my comment.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/