paulnsheng

Issues with the NSO in Philippines

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our story is... I worked in Zamboanga back in 2009 for a little over 6 months, that's when we met. Since then i have gone back and visited her mainly to meet her family, everything was going great. We were planning on me visiting her again this spring coming up and actually filing for her fiance visa. Last visit we had was this past August. Well, her over jealous ex boyfriend found out about our plans and that I am an American and he decided that he would file for a marriage certificate falsifying her signature and information in Manila in September... she has lived in Zamboanga since May, now we are looking for ways to have that false document removed from her CENOMAR.. has anyone had a similar issue or does anyone know of someone who has?

Thank you in advance

Paul.

P.S. She is muslim and therefore is required to go thru the Sharia (muslim) court system to get married, is there anything that Sharia court can provide to help our situation?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

... it is not that easy to "fake" a marriage ...

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

... it is not that easy to "fake" a marriage ...

I agree on this ,it's not easy to fake a marriage..theres a lot of things to consider before it gets to the nso.

Did your fiance already has a cenomar?if not then tell her to get one, then you'll see if the ex bf do what he said he'll do.

if it's true(which i think not) then thats when you need to take an action,consult a lawyer and gather all evidence/proof that she never been married before.

God bless and Good luck!

MAFE AND JERRY FOREVER

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

06.21.16 N-400 application sent thru USPS

06.23.16 Package delivered

06.27.16 NOA

06.28.16 check cashed

07.22.16 biometrics

12.12.16 interview PASSED!!

01-18-17 oath ceremony 

I'M A US CITIZEN!!!

DCF-Us Embassy Manila IR1 Journey

11.27.08 met
03.20.09 married
07.26.11 filed I-130
10.12.11 I-130 APPROVED!!!
10.24.11 medical PASSED!!!
11.14.11 interview APPROVED!!!!!
11.17.11 visa on hand ^_^
11.19.11 POE Houston Texas
11.30.11 receive welcome letter
12.10.11 GC on hand!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It may be "hard" to fake a wedding but in the Philippines anything can happened because it happened to us. It sounds like you have already got your cenomar and it says that she is married. Is that correct? My fiance had a ex-bf back in 2004 and she told him she won't have sex with him until she got married, so he forged the marriage license, forged her parents signature and had a fake judge marry them in city hall. Even with all these fake documents the NSO has her cenomar as her being married to him. And he is already married too. So we are in the process in getting her an annulment.

If you get an attorney make sure you get (reliable and good) references. There are many scam attorneys out there, especially if you are a foreigner. Prices range from 100,000 to 200,000 pesos, so I wouldn't pay more than that.

Good luck.

Filed: Timeline

It may be "hard" to fake a wedding but in the Philippines anything can happened because it happened to us. It sounds like you have already got your cenomar and it says that she is married. Is that correct? My fiance had a ex-bf back in 2004 and she told him she won't have sex with him until she got married, so he forged the marriage license, forged her parents signature and had a fake judge marry them in city hall. Even with all these fake documents the NSO has her cenomar as her being married to him. And he is already married too. So we are in the process in getting her an annulment.

If you get an attorney make sure you get (reliable and good) references. There are many scam attorneys out there, especially if you are a foreigner. Prices range from 100,000 to 200,000 pesos, so I wouldn't pay more than that.

Good luck.

It is best if the girl will be the one getting a lawyer and suing the guy for falsification of documents. It is ILLEGAL under Philippine law (you can even read it in NSO documents)

Timeline
Well, her over jealous ex boyfriend found out about our plans and that I am an American and he decided that he would file for a marriage certificate falsifying her signature and information in Manila in September... she has lived in Zamboanga since May, now we are looking for ways to have that false document removed from her CENOMAR.. has anyone had a similar issue or does anyone know of someone who has?

If the marriage in CENOMAR is showing then it most likely happened. It's unlikely to fake a marriage here because they require a lot of things: seminar, parents consent, birth certificate, ceremony etc. If he really did fake the documents then that guy must be very good too.

NSO has her cenomar as her being married to him. And he is already married too. So we are in the process in getting her an annulment.

Your GF did marry her ex then and she's aware of it, it's just it is void because the other guy was already married. You just need a nullity of marriage not annulment. That is way easier and cheaper, just P50,000+ something.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Yeah how can you fake marriage contract? You have to make up the signature of your witnesses too? and the pictures?

I do not know how to get married in Muslim way but I am sure the requirement for legalizing their marriage is the same. You need birth certificate, parents consent if applicable, seminar, witnesses, ceremony and duly recognized person to marry a couple. That's a lot of documents to fake.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

How much should an annulment cost in the philippines?

Philippines Cost for Annulment/Nullity of Marriage

The usual total cost (operational cost and attorney's fees) for these kind of cases will reach from P75,000.00 to P100,000 These are cases where both parties are in the Philippines and that there are no complications or it is uncontested.

Operational Cost of the Case

Filing Fees – about 6,000.00 (but would depend if there are properties owned by the couple)

Service of Summons - about P1,000.00

Publication – about P5,000.00 (if there is a need to publish the summons if it cannot be served personally)

Transcript of Records – about P1,500.00 (if there are about two (2) witnesses that will be presented)

Mailing expenses – about P1,000.00

Photocopying expenses – about P500.00

Psychologist/Psychiatrist – P10,000.00 (if the ground for nullity of marriage is psychological incapacity)

Estimated Operational Expenses – P25,000.00

Attorney's Fees

Attorney’s fees would depend on various factors like the difficulty of the case, whether or not an opposition will be filed, the place where the case will be filed and others. If it is a simple case, then, the usual acceptance fee is P30,000.00 and subsequent pleadings will amount to about PP25,000.00 - P30,000.00.

Take note that in metropolitan areas in the Philippines, especially Manila, the attorney's fees are very much higher and could go from P100,000 to P300,000.00.

Source(s):

Atty. Magdalena Lepiten

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090824212309AAzL21d

Happy New Year!

Good luck.

Under the Philippine family Code' The absence of any of the essential or formal requisites shall render the marriage void ab initio!

The marriage is void, if what your saying is true why do you need an annulment ?

Chapter 3. Void and Voidable Marriages

Art. 35. The following marriages shall be void from the beginning:

• (1) Those contracted by any party below eighteen years of age even with the consent of parents or guardians; (2) Those solemnized by any person not legally authorized to perform marriages unless such marriages were contracted with either or both parties believing in good faith that the solemnizing officer had the legal authority to do so;
    (3) Those solemnized without license, except those covered the preceding Chapter;
    (4) Those bigamous or polygamous marriages not failing under Article 41;
    (5) Those contracted through mistake of one contracting party as to the identity of the other; and
    (6) Those subsequent marriages that are void under Article 53.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Yeah how can you fake marriage contract? You have to make up the signature of your witnesses too? and the pictures?

I do not know how to get married in Muslim way but I am sure the requirement for legalizing their marriage is the same. You need birth certificate, parents consent if applicable, seminar, witnesses, ceremony and duly recognized person to marry a couple. That's a lot of documents to fake.

Art. 33. Marriages among Muslims or among members of the ethnic cultural communities may be performed validly without the necessity of marriage license, provided they are solemnized in accordance with their customs, rites or practices. (78a)

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

Art. 33. Marriages among Muslims or among members of the ethnic cultural communities may be performed validly without the necessity of marriage license, provided they are solemnized in accordance with their customs, rites or practices. (78a)

I'll take that.

Under the Philippine family Code' The absence of any of the essential or formal requisites shall render the marriage void ab initio!

The marriage is void, if what your saying is true why do you need an annulment ?

He still needs a nullity of marriage which a lot of people confused with annulment. It is really sounds confusing.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

I agree on this ,it's not easy to fake a marriage..theres a lot of things to consider before it gets to the nso.

Did your fiance already has a cenomar?if not then tell her to get one, then you'll see if the ex bf do what he said he'll do.

if it's true(which i think not) then thats when you need to take an action,consult a lawyer and gather all evidence/proof that she never been married before.

God bless and Good luck!

Not very hard. I personally know a friend who did this. She was in the US when her bf in the Philippines did this. Money talks, you know. Sad, but true.