HS2

Documents required at the Tirana Consulate for IR-1/CR-1 interview

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen

I thought to start this thread to assist us all in understand the APs given at the Tirana ( Albania)consulate for missing documents.

Any of you who went through the interview or is preparing for one please list documents that you took or planning on taking to the consulate on your interview day. In case you were given AP please tell us what document and in what format were you missing?

In hopes to helping one another please do not hesitate to share your experience and/or your best practices .

I am planing on sending my spouse to the consulate to get a list of the docs needed for the interview . Not sure we will be able to get it without an appointment letter ( no interview date assigned)

One more question. Beside the $ 404 fee that is paid to NVC is there another visa fee payable at the Consulate. Please give instructions how to pay.

Hope we can all contribute a little to have some info in the Albanian portal like every other country in here

This is my list of docs that i personally think is needed for the interview

Please feel free to add to it or make suggestions

1. A fresh copy of the DS-230 signed closed to the interview date

2. A fresh copy of the I-864 signed close to the interview date

3. Last 3 years of tax transcripts

4. 2010 W-2 ( all of them if more than 1)

5. Letter of employment issued close to the interview date stating date the employment started ,job title, status ( full time/part time)and salary

6. Pay stabs ( NVC got all of them from 01/01/2011 up to the day i had to send the I-8640) so i am planing on just adding the missing ones to that pile up to the date of the interview

7. Police certificates ( all three of them) issued close to the interview date. No need for translation and notarizing

8. Original Birth Certificates for petitioner and beneficiary

9. Original Marriage Certificate

10. Copies of bio page of both spouses passports

11. Divorce decree ( if any ) for both

12. Pictures of the beneficiaries as instructed on the package IV

13. Medical results

14. PC Skype chat logs ( screen shots)

16. Cel phone log showing skype calls, text messages, phone calls before and during marriage

17.E-mails before and during marriage

18. Phone cards tied to the cel phone log showing the 1 800 number dialed

19. Home phone call log

20. Pictures before and after wedding. Pictures from the wedding showing the couple with family and friends

21. Greeting Cards

22. Gift receipts

23. Airline Tickets accompanied by the photocopy of the passport page showing the entry stamp ( I am planing on being in Albania when we have our interview so I will just give them my passport and wait outside at the coffee place)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

We submitted every document that they requested, every piece of proof possible, and we still got a 221g and were put in AP. We have been in AP for exactly 40 days now and they will not tell us how much longer we need to wait. I know of other Albanians on this board that have submitted all of the paperwork that was required, and provided a lot of proof, and the CO gave them 221g, put them in AP, and asked for even more proof. It looks like the majority of VJ Albanians are getting AP...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Yea, we got put in AP also... all of our paperwork was PERFECT at the interview, but while asking questions they found SOMETHING else to ask for (our daughters birth certificate after she had just been born 3 days before the interview, and more travel documents for my husband to prove he was in Greece when I was, because that is when we stated we met). We just submitted our last documents to the embassy via mail last week and waiting to hear back from the embassy on what will happen now or anything they can tell us. We've been in AP for about 35 days now... We are nervous they won't like everything we submitted as travel documents, but we'll just have to see.

I think your list sounds good. They will send you this packet: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1LohNH6lDDaNDQwNmE5YmYtMmQ5Yy00NGU5LWE3NDAtNmI1OWNiYTJiZDYw&hl=en

showing all the documents they need. They emailed it to me after I had emailed them. Probably a good idea to jumpstart on the vaccines if you don't have them done already (or the documentation). Also, our doctor made us get papers from the hospital of a surgery he had and I heard of someone else having to get a letter about they glasses from the eye doctor! And we didn't have any other fees; just we had to pay the 404 at the embassy because we were expedited through NVC. But you should print out the payment confirmation IN CASE they don't have it....

Also, maybe copies of your passport pages showing when you were in any country together..might be good to show you ACTUALLY were together the dates said, since this was something they basically wanted from us.

Timeline

Thank you guys for your input. It is very helpful.

The only thing we have control over in this process is providing every piece of document they ask for.

We have no control over the rest but I want to make sure that if any of us gets AP ever again from the Tirana Consulate it will not be because of docs. We can not lead in this process so might as well be great followers and follow instructions to the point

The only thing i can add to this thread is this

Build your story around your evidence. Don't lie but please make sure that you have evidence to support your statements

Example

Q.what does your family think of your spouse?

A. They love him/her.Here is a picture of my family and my spouse at our home.

Q. How many times have you met and when was the last time ? when was the first time?

A. 5-6-7- 8 ( whatever that number is) here is the photocopy of the US passport with the stamps showing entry to Albania ( or any other country that you met)

Again don't lie about anything but avoid open ended answers that will lead to more questions. Keep your answers short and truthful and don't get carried away ( even though it might be a very emotional and stressful 5 -10 min of our lives). In this case less is better.

Avoid using words as " I think" or phrasing your answers as questions. The consular officer will not confirm what you saying cause they do not know . This shows insecurity and raises doubts

Be polite and keep a pleasant facial expression. Smile politely but don't over do it. . Don't rush to answer any questions risking to interrupt the CO. Breath and calmly answer the question.

Be humbled and respectful

And hope and pray that you will be one of the blessed ones walking out of there with a visa approval

Edited by cipollina

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Our documents was perfect plus we were picked for further background checks at uscis(its random) and also got rfe for relationship and sent 3 inches of stuff..our problem was not relationship at all, she only ask him 3 questions..so no matter what u have in my opinion they are going to find something with my husband it was his certificates with no english translation on top..lol..so we submitted them again and a copy of my passport page showing i entered in august even though my husband handed it to her in interview, they are not approving anyone...alot of ppl think it was because of the unrest Jan 21st..:( but who knows..I can only trust in God and pray...good luck to you all:)

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen

I thought to start this thread to assist us all in understand the APs given at the Tirana ( Albania)consulate for missing documents.

Any of you who went through the interview or is preparing for one please list documents that you took or planning on taking to the consulate on your interview day. In case you were given AP please tell us what document and in what format were you missing?

In hopes to helping one another please do not hesitate to share your experience and/or your best practices .

I am planing on sending my spouse to the consulate to get a list of the docs needed for the interview . Not sure we will be able to get it without an appointment letter ( no interview date assigned)

One more question. Beside the $ 404 fee that is paid to NVC is there another visa fee payable at the Consulate. Please give instructions how to pay.

Hope we can all contribute a little to have some info in the Albanian portal like every other country in here

5. Letter of employment issued close to the interview date stating date the employment started ,job title, status ( full time/part time)and salary

6. Pay stabs ( NVC got all of them from 01/01/2011 up to the day i had to send the I-8640) so i am planing on just adding the missing ones to that pile up to the date of the interview

7. Police certificates ( all three of them) issued close to the interview date. No need for translation and notarizing

13. Medical results

16. Cel phone log showing skype calls, text messages, phone calls before and during marriage

19. Home phone call log

20. Pictures before and after wedding. Pictures from the wedding showing the couple with family and friends

21. Greeting Cards

22. Gift receipts

23. Airline Tickets accompanied by the photocopy of the passport page showing the entry stamp ( I am planing on being in Albania when we have our interview so I will just give them my passport and wait outside at the coffee place)

HI there Cipollina,

This is a great list I can add one thing, If you have FB, there is a download option, and it actually downloads EVERYTHING, some people use it for chat, others photo's.. ect.

All the best Good Luck

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen

13. Medical results

19. Home phone call log

21. Greeting Cards

22. Gift receipts

Hi

Also Sworn affadavits from family and friends, (i personally think this is a must)...anyway hope that helps...

Timeline

Our documents was perfect plus we were picked for further background checks at uscis(its random) and also got rfe for relationship and sent 3 inches of stuff..our problem was not relationship at all, she only ask him 3 questions..so no matter what u have in my opinion they are going to find something with my husband it was his certificates with no english translation on top..lol..so we submitted them again and a copy of my passport page showing i entered in august even though my husband handed it to her in interview, they are not approving anyone...alot of ppl think it was because of the unrest Jan 21st..:( but who knows..I can only trust in God and pray...good luck to you all:)

Hi Marju's girl and thank you for your feedback

Per Melissa's attachment above it states that docs in Albanian or English need no translation

I plan on taking this list to the embassy and point it out to them if the issue arises ( or just get the docs translated notarized and legalized)

This are not fare practices ( than again we would not be on VJ if the process was fair)

If the consulate is really reacting to the Jan 21st unrest they should not take it out on the people but on the actual politicians.

This situation is heartbreaking.

Good luck to all of us

Timeline

One more thing guys .

The list of docs that Melissa provided states that the Birth Certificate should say Birth Certificate and Not Personal Certificate

The local offices of civil records ( or whatever is called ) is issuing Personal Certificates only

What kind of certificates were you guys able to get?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

hi all.

September 1, i was the only K1 approved that day. it was a horrible day til the interview. a lot of AP's that day. i don't think this is related to JAN 21 or any diplomatic or political relationship between AL-USA. they have been very friendly to us Albanians historically regardless of idiots in power through out time. the US ambassador is very popular in albania. he could win every political election if he runs right now :):)

if you have eye glasses yes, you have to go to your doc and make him write a letter that says the number of lenses and blah blah. i did mine at italoptica, rruga e dibres prane selvise.. if you go there he knows what he have to write in that letter. this letter is needed at the second time you go to the embassy doc.

if i can add this:

for skype chat logs printing out a "screen shot" can be very expensive in TR.

you can open the skype chat window. on top of the conversation search for "show messages from" and click on the older date possible. once it has displayed all the chat history with your loved one, simple right click anywhere in white space and than choose "Select All". CTRL+C on the key board and CTRL+V on any word or text document. save it on a USB and with that in hand go to the nearest internet caffe. you will see kids playing Counterstrike, dont bother!!

i really wish Tirana embassy start giving visas like cop here gives tickets. yep.. i got my first one :(

best of luck to all.

bye

Timeline

hi all.

September 1, i was the only K1 approved that day. it was a horrible day til the interview. a lot of AP's that day. i don't think this is related to JAN 21 or any diplomatic or political relationship between AL-USA. they have been very friendly to us Albanians historically regardless of idiots in power through out time. the US ambassador is very popular in albania. he could win every political election if he runs right now :):)

if you have eye glasses yes, you have to go to your doc and make him write a letter that says the number of lenses and blah blah. i did mine at italoptica, rruga e dibres prane selvise.. if you go there he knows what he have to write in that letter. this letter is needed at the second time you go to the embassy doc.

if i can add this:

for skype chat logs printing out a "screen shot" can be very expensive in TR.

you can open the skype chat window. on top of the conversation search for "show messages from" and click on the older date possible. once it has displayed all the chat history with your loved one, simple right click anywhere in white space and than choose "Select All". CTRL+C on the key board and CTRL+V on any word or text document. save it on a USB and with that in hand go to the nearest internet caffe. you will see kids playing Counterstrike, dont bother!!

i really wish Tirana embassy start giving visas like cop here gives tickets. yep.. i got my first one :(

best of luck to all.

bye

Thank you for the info Killing Distance.

Looking at your approval gives me hope.

I agree with you that the consulate in Tirana has always been friendly to the Albanian people but I don’t understand the sudden surge of all APs. What is more worrying is the fact that reviewing docs submitted from AP and getting a decision form the consulate is taking way to long

I guess the rest of us who still has to go through the interview needs to wait and experience it first hand

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi All i saw this list posted by

iwuvcheshert, i thought it was

useful so i copied and pasted it

here. SHARING IS THE WAY

FORWARD!

FOLDER 1 : ENTRY TO THE US

EMBASSY

PASSPORT

INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT LETTER

PROOF OF PAYMENT

2X2 VISA PHOTOS

VALID ID

FOLDER 2: IDENTITY CERTIFICATES

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

POLICE CLEARANCE

FOLDER 3 : EVIDENCE OF MEETING

PRIOR TO MARRIAGE

BOARDING PASSES

PASSPORT STAMPS

ITINERARIES

AIRLINE TICKETS

HOTEL RECEIPTS

TRIPS TOGETHER

PHOTOS TOGETHER

FOLDER 4: EVIDENCE OF GENUINE

RELATIONSHIP

SNAIL MAILS

SKYPE LOGS

YAHOO CHAT LOGS

FACEBOOK STATUS UPDATES

ENGAGEMENT PHOTOSHOOT

WEDDING PREPARATION

DOCUMENTS

WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHS

FOLDER 5 : EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT

I-864 FORM

BANK BOOK UPDATED STATUS –

REMITTANCE ACCOUNT

WESTERN UNION RECEIPTS

COPY OF PETITIONER'S

CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP

COPY OF PETITIONER'S BIRTH

CERTIFICATE

CO SPONSOR DOCUMENTS

JOINT SPONSOR I-864 FORMS

OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

Hi All i saw this list posted by

iwuvcheshert, i thought it was

useful so i copied and pasted it

here. SHARING IS THE WAY

FORWARD!

FOLDER 1 : ENTRY TO THE US

EMBASSY

PASSPORT

INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT LETTER

PROOF OF PAYMENT

2X2 VISA PHOTOS

VALID ID

FOLDER 2: IDENTITY CERTIFICATES

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

POLICE CLEARANCE

FOLDER 3 : EVIDENCE OF MEETING

PRIOR TO MARRIAGE

BOARDING PASSES

PASSPORT STAMPS

ITINERARIES

AIRLINE TICKETS

HOTEL RECEIPTS

TRIPS TOGETHER

PHOTOS TOGETHER

FOLDER 4: EVIDENCE OF GENUINE

RELATIONSHIP

SNAIL MAILS

SKYPE LOGS

YAHOO CHAT LOGS

FACEBOOK STATUS UPDATES

ENGAGEMENT PHOTOSHOOT

WEDDING PREPARATION

DOCUMENTS

WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHS

FOLDER 5 : EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT

I-864 FORM

BANK BOOK UPDATED STATUS –

REMITTANCE ACCOUNT

WESTERN UNION RECEIPTS

COPY OF PETITIONER'S

CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP

COPY OF PETITIONER'S BIRTH

CERTIFICATE

CO SPONSOR DOCUMENTS

JOINT SPONSOR I-864 FORMS

OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

Add Add Reply

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.