Hilarious Clinton

Hezbollah leader: Militants 'won't surrender arms'

12 posts in this topic

BEIRUT, Lebanon (CNN) -- In a speech to thousands of cheering supporters, the leader of Hezbollah vowed Friday the militants never will give up their arms, as called for in the U.N. resolution that ended its 34-day war with Israel last month.

"No army in the world will force us to drop our weapons, force us to surrender our arms, as long as people believe in this resistance," said Hassan Nasrallah, who claimed Hezbollah victorious in the fighting.

But he added, "We do not wish to keep our weapons forever," because they should not be part of domestic life. He assured the crowd, "Those who say the resistance is weak, I want to say it's stronger than ever."

"We were prepared for a long war. What we offered during that war is only a small part of our capability," he said.

"Today the resistance owns more than 25,000 missiles. ... The resistance has been able to regroup and rearm and regain its capability."

Nasrallah, who called for national unity among all Lebanese, spoke in one of the southern Beirut suburbs that was heavily bombed by the Israeli military.

They "said this courtyard would be bombed and this building would be destroyed in order to frighten and intimidate people, and here you are today," Nasrallah said. "... You are the most brave and most courageous of any of them put together."

Hezbollah, he said, should celebrate the "divine and strategic victory."

"Peace be with you and with your martyrs and with your families. I feel your pain, and I salute your tears and your blood and your destroyed homes, and I salute your will and your determination," he said.

Israel says Nasrallah is terrorist

Israel has made no secret of its desire to kill Nasrallah, calling him a leading terrorist in the region.

Acknowledging his vulnerability, Nasrallah said: "My presence here is not without any danger. However, my heart and my soul would not allow me to address you from a distance and through some screen."

He walked through the crowd greeting people and shaking hands before starting his speech. Many were waving yellow Hezbollah flags.

Israel launched a major military campaign July 12 to dislodge Hezbollah from southern Lebanon after militants kidnapped two Israeli soldiers, and after months of Hezbollah rocket attacks on northern Israel.

The fighting generally stopped after the August 14 passage of Resolution 1701 by the U.N. Security Council, which also called for the re-establishment of Lebanese government control over the area.

Nasrallah, speaking on the Muslim Sabbath, urged all groups in Lebanon, including Christians, to unite against any interlopers, and warned the U.N. peacekeeping forces called in to monitor the fragile cease-fire to stick to their mission. The soldiers are supporting the U.N. Interim Force in Lebanon, or UNIFIL, and Lebanese soldiers.

"Your job is not to spy on Hezbollah or dismantle Hezbollah," he said.

Nasrallah vowed that Lebanon will never give up its claim to the Shebaa Farms, a disputed area near the Israeli-Lebanese border.

"We will not give up one inch of Middle East territory," he said.

Although Nasrallah declared victory in the war, he previously said that if Hezbollah could have predicted Israel's response, it would not have abducted the Israeli soldiers and sparked the fighting. He made that comment in a televised interview with Lebanon's New TV last month.

In that interview, Nasrallah said if he had thought there had been "a 1 percent possibility" that Israel's military response would have been as extensive as it turned out to be, "I would say no, I would not have entered this for many reasons -- military, social, political, economic."

He added, "If there was a 1 percent possibility, we would not have done that. We would not have done any capturing."

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert called those remarks a "contrition speech" by Nasrallah and said, "It's absolutely clear that Hezbollah has been whipped."

But Nasrallah was not contrite as he spoke to the crowd Friday.

He called the conflict "an American war."

"It was an American war by providing the arms and the planning and by giving deadline after deadline to the enemy. What stopped the war was the Zionists' failure to defeat us," he said. "They thought the war would lead Hezbollah to give in. ...

"Lebanon has been victorious, Palestine has been victorious, Arab nations have been victorious."

Nasrallah called Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez "a great hero" for speaking against President Bush at the U.N. General Assembly on Wednesday. (Watch Hugo Chavez cross himself as he tells world leaders he can smell the devil -- 1:06)

Chavez called Bush the devil and said that, "as the spokesman of imperialism, he came to share his nostrums to try to preserve the current pattern of domination, exploitation and pillage of the peoples of the world.

Nasrallah defended Hezbollah supporters Iran and Syria, which have been criticized for supplying arms and money to the militants, and said the Hezbollah stances have nothing to do with the international outcry over Iran's nuclear-enrichment program.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09...ally/index.html

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Acknowledging his vulnerability, Nasrallah said: "My presence here is not without any danger. However, my heart and my soul would not allow me to address you from a distance and through some screen."

He walked through the crowd greeting people and shaking hands before starting his speech. Many were waving yellow Hezbollah flags.

What a hero, this guy. He should try walking there without a crowd of people to protect him.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

yeap..i am rearming too

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

well, at least that part of the world remains consistent...did not expect any rational reaction from them

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

well, at least that part of the world remains consistent...did not expect any rational reaction from them

Acceptance is the first step brother. :)

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Would the term RE-arm be accurate?

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

good point brother sriniv..maybe...remissle

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

good point brother sriniv..maybe...remissle

Actually Dean, I meant that they probably had plenty of rockets still left when the ceasefire was imposed.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wasn't reported before the war that they had around 13,000 missiles? Now they reportedly have more than 25,000. They really have rearmed, huh.