jui_uy

Naturalized thru CRBA, need to undergo medical exam prior to leaving for the US from the Philippines?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

I'm currently waiting for my 1-year old daughter's CRBA and US Passport from the US Embassy of Manila. I will be expecting them by end of this month.

I was also petitioned by my bf thru a K1 Visa and have been waiting for our NOA 2 for almost 4 months now.

My question is that, doea my daughter need to go to SLMEC for a medical exam even if she will be leaving the PH for the first using her US passport and as a US citizen?

Insights please... Thank you

Wrong forum - I will notify a moderator to move it to an appropriate one so it can get the proper attention...

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from US Citizenship to Philipines Regional forum for country specific info and per request *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country:
Timeline

No, your daughter doesn't need a Visa therefore she doesn't need an immigrant medical exam.

BTW, the baby wasn't Naturalized through CRBA. Your child's US Citizenship is derived via birthright.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Your child's Consular Report Of Birth Abroad / US Citizenship was derived from transmission, legitimation, and filiation of the U.S. citizen father.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

OP if you have not done this, you need to make sure you get your child his/her PI passport if you do not your looking at costly fees from the BI (Philippine Bureau of Immigration) exit permit and or late fees, when the child exits the Philippines. One plus is with both US and PI passport your child will have Dual Citizenship, with out hassle of paper work/fees down the road.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, we already have done the whole CRBA and US PASSPORT applications. We're currently just waiting for the US Embassy Manila to send it to me thru mail, expecting it by end of this month or early next month.

I have a question regarding my daughter's PI passport. I already got her one even before we applied for her CRBA and US Passport. Will her PI passport still valid when we present this upon leaving to the US since we got it before she applied for her US Passport?

Moreover, do I need to go to the PI Bureau of Immigration to apply for her dual citizenship?

Yes, we already have done the whole CRBA and US PASSPORT applications. We're currently just waiting for the US Embassy Manila to send it to me thru mail, expecting it by end of this month or early next month.

I have a question regarding my daughter's PI passport. I already got her one even before we applied for her CRBA and US Passport. Will her PI passport still valid when we present this upon leaving to the US since we got it before she applied for her US Passport?

Moreover, do I need to go to the PI Bureau of Immigration to apply for her dual citizenship?

Her (child) PI passport is valid for five years from date issued, same for her US passport. No you don't need to apply at the BI for dual citizenship

Filed: Timeline

You go to the DFA, get your kid a passport.

By law, your kid is a Philippine citizen

http://www.chanrobles.com/republicactno9225rules.html

ARTICLE IV

CITIZENSHIP

Section 1. The following are citizens of the Philippines:

[1] Those who are citizens of the Philippines at the time of the adoption of this Constitution;

[2] Those whose fathers or mothers are citizens of the Philippines;

[3] Those born before January 17, 1973, of Filipino mothers, who elect Philippine citizenship upon reaching the age of majority; and

[4] Those who are naturalized in accordance with law.

Section 2. Natural-born citizens are those who are citizens of the Philippines from birth without having to perform any act to acquire or perfect their Philippine citizenship. Those who elect Philippine citizenship in accordance with paragraph (3), Section 1 hereof shall be deemed natural-born citizens.

Section 3. Philippine citizenship may be lost or reacquired in the manner provided by law.

Section 4. Citizens of the Philippines who marry aliens shall retain their citizenship, unless by their act or omission, they are deemed, under the law, to have renounced it.

Section 5. Dual allegiance of citizens is inimical to the national interest and shall be dealt with by law.

Edited by Kang

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.