Mr&MrsSmith

fiance daughter

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey guys...my fiance has a daughter that he does not have contact with. He has not seen her in over 6 months. when i filed the i-129f i didnt not add her name on the application nor did he add her on the ds156 . my question is when he goes to his interview 11/10 and they ask him if he has kids what should he say?? we do not want to deny her existence, i just didnt add her name in the beginnng because i thought i would then have to get her passport & medical and etc..even though she would not travel with him (her mother let it be known she would never let her go)!!

The daughter name should have been included, the question on the application doesn't ask how many children will be traveling to the US, it ask how many children does the beneficary have and their names.

The questions are literality and they should be answered as such.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hey guys...my fiance has a daughter that he does not have contact with. He has not seen her in over 6 months. when i filed the i-129f i didnt not add her name on the application nor did he add her on the ds156 . my question is when he goes to his interview 11/10 and they ask him if he has kids what should he say?? we do not want to deny her existence, i just didnt add her name in the beginnng because i thought i would then have to get her passport & medical and etc..even though she would not travel with him (her mother let it be known she would never let her go)!!

The daughter should have been listed on the I-129F. It doesn't matter if you thought she would be applying for a visa. The form instructions don't ask for that information. It just says list all children - full stop. Same with the DS-156K - it gives you the opportunity to indicate whether the child will accompany the primary beneficiary or follow to join, and you can answer "no" to both questions.

He should correct this at the consulate. Fortunately, it's not a material fact. His eligibility for a visa isn't affected by whether or not he's got kids, so they won't accuse of him fraud for not providing the information before. He can simply explain that both of you thought the child didn't need to be listed if she wasn't going to be immigrating. If he doesn't clear this up, and they end up discovering it, then they might crawl up his tailpipe with a microscope (figuratively speaking) to find out what other information he might be trying to conceal.

It also wouldn't hurt if you provided a notarized statement from yourself explaining that you're aware of the existence of the daughter, and that you didn't list her on the I-129F because you misunderstood the form requirements. This should prevent the consulate from accusing him of keeping secrets from you.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I think you created a mess especially with the Kingston embassy.. Just because you enter them on the application does not indicate they will be traveling, it indicates he has kids. Now you have provided false information. He should be honest from here on out and state that he does have a child and that he does not have contact with her.

I think it would be ludacris for him to deny her when I am sure the government knows he is the father. I am not sure how this will play out but I wish the best of luck and God grace!

Edited by DandMe

event.png

event.png

Timeline

The daughter should have been listed on the I-129F. It doesn't matter if you thought she would be applying for a visa. The form instructions don't ask for that information. It just says list all children - full stop. Same with the DS-156K - it gives you the opportunity to indicate whether the child will accompany the primary beneficiary or follow to join, and you can answer "no" to both questions.

He should correct this at the consulate. Fortunately, it's not a material fact. His eligibility for a visa isn't affected by whether or not he's got kids, so they won't accuse of him fraud for not providing the information before. He can simply explain that both of you thought the child didn't need to be listed if she wasn't going to be immigrating. If he doesn't clear this up, and they end up discovering it, then they might crawl up his tailpipe with a microscope (figuratively speaking) to find out what other information he might be trying to conceal.

It also wouldn't hurt if you provided a notarized statement from yourself explaining that you're aware of the existence of the daughter, and that you didn't list her on the I-129F because you misunderstood the form requirements. This should prevent the consulate from accusing him of keeping secrets from you.

Good advice... but if you know the Kingston embassy they are very suspecting of the littlest thing.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think you created a mess especially with the Kingston embassy.. Just because you enter them on the application does not indicate they will be traveling, it indicates he has kids. Now you have provided false information. He should be honest from here on out and state that he does have a child and that he does not have contact with her.

I think it would be ludacris for him to deny her when I am sure the government knows he is the father. I am not sure how this will play out but I wish the best of luck and God grace!

How are you sure the government knows he is the father? Do you know how that system works in Jamaica? :rofl:

I would have him explain it at the embassy just as you stated - That you interpreted the forms to mean that she was coming with him or would be coming, but that yes, he has a child that he does not intend to have come to the US.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

How are you sure the government knows he is the father? Do you know how that system works in Jamaica? :rofl:

I would have him explain it at the embassy just as you stated - That you interpreted the forms to mean that she was coming with him or would be coming, but that yes, he has a child that he does not intend to have come to the US.

Sus mi born and grow a jamaica so me know dem nuh hi tech like good ol USA. It was a simple mistake on my part..no one was trying to deny her existence. i could have sworn i read somewhere once you add the kid(s) on the application i would be obligated to pay the same all the fees the visa entails. I dont know if i have "created a mess" when u have people who forget to put that they were previously divorced and still get approved once they did add it on the form... but never the less I have sent embassy a detail email hoping to clear up the matter. i know jamaica embassy can gwaan bad sometime but we will see what happens, weh dem a guh do tell him him denied from now and nuh bada come a di interview and lose out pon di $350???????

**fyi it was the ds-230 & the I-129f that i didnt put his daughter name on. the ds 156 he didnt even do yet since the interview is a month away.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

i know jamaica embassy can gwaan bad sometime but we will see what happens, weh dem a guh do tell him him denied from now and nuh bada come a di interview and lose out pon di $350???????

:help::blink:

:rofl:

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sus mi born and grow a jamaica so me know dem nuh hi tech like good ol USA. It was a simple mistake on my part..no one was trying to deny her existence. i could have sworn i read somewhere once you add the kid(s) on the application i would be obligated to pay the same all the fees the visa entails. I dont know if i have "created a mess" when u have people who forget to put that they were previously divorced and still get approved once they did add it on the form... but never the less I have sent embassy a detail email hoping to clear up the matter. i know jamaica embassy can gwaan bad sometime but we will see what happens, weh dem a guh do tell him him denied from now and nuh bada come a di interview and lose out pon di $350???????

**fyi it was the ds-230 & the I-129f that i didnt put his daughter name on. the ds 156 he didnt even do yet since the interview is a month away.

LOL, MrsSmith - My comment about knowing how the system works was to DandMe, not you -

It was a simple mistake - It has happened other times plenty - there are even people that have come to the US and oops, guess who has a child back a yaad? Just explain it at the embasy - Put her on future paperwork - include a note with it explaining the mix up - No worries -

Nah badda stress yuself or vex yuh man!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.