BraveAmnay

Diferrence Age

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Three .3yrs nothing, usually people have a 10yr gap is normal. Remember women are more mature then men. Also anything over 10yrs, I personally find shady, have a Lolita issues, or midlife crises issues.

Women are more mature than men ? Lol. Can you give me some examples please ? Also, your age bias just offended more than half of the Philippine/American engagements.

It is true that everybody has an opinion.. just like everybody has ... well, you know the rest...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Yes, I know. Please remember, russians too ( which my wife and i are), people from, thialand and any other country that participates in sex slave trade. Where women a desperate to get out of their, third world situation. . An example my wife. Yes I know how the saying goes, but they too have something too say, even if it's a bit off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We have all seen it here, that young and old get used, and eventually someone gets hurt, physically or emotionally. I know this a taboo thing here, but that's how I see it sometimes. Not all people are great or have the right intentions. To say I'm ignorant is lie, your are because you are not willing to accept others beliefs and values.

so your the one saying its wrong but were ignorant because we dont agree with you??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

so your the one saying its wrong but were ignorant because we dont agree with you??

When have I asked you to agree with me? Your an adult, and I think you can make your own opinion. I just voiced my opinion. For people to say what I believe is bigotry, is idiotic, since I'm not denying anything to anyone. Im just stating my belief, it like me stating I don't like chocolate, will you tell me to stop then? Or would you say okay, you don't like chocolate.

Timeline

Look people, like I stated it's my opinion. You can take it how you like it. But I'm in titled to it. If I believe it's wrong then for me it is wrong. For you it might be okay, that is the wonderful thing about America, you can have your opinion. You mentioned celebrities, come on if you think I'm going to base my moral standards on them. Plus, isn't Ashton cheating on demi.

We have all seen it here, that young and old get used, and eventually someone gets hurt, physically or emotionally. I know this a taboo thing here, but that's how I see it sometimes. Not all people are great or have the right intentions. To say I'm ignorant is lie, your are because you are not willing to accept others beliefs and values.

Of course it's an opinion, since you posted what's going on your mind, then be prepared on others opinion as well. It doesn't sound friendly, what do you expect? Remember, there's a lot of folks here have May-December romance that's going to be offended.

Ashton cheating on Demi doesn't have any bearing with their age gap. It happens to even couples that are on the same age.

Definitely not all people have great intention but do not base it because of their age gap. So what if the other one is way older? Not a lot of people are into age, beauty etc. Also, there are older people that looks better than their younger counterpart so attractiveness varies from one eye to another. So before you judge somebody else's relationship base on their age gap, please consider other part like character, family background, upbringing, if they share same fun, beliefs and principle.

Happy New Year!

Timeline

When have I asked you to agree with me? Your an adult, and I think you can make your own opinion. I just voiced my opinion. For people to say what I believe is bigotry, is idiotic, since I'm not denying anything to anyone. Im just stating my belief, it like me stating I don't like chocolate, will you tell me to stop then? Or would you say okay, you don't like chocolate.

you stating that you dont like chocolate is nothing like you stating that i must have issues or that i must be going through a mid life crisis. your the one that isnt accepting of others because your the one saying its wrong to be in a relationship with an age difference 10 years or more

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

Jus would like to Know if there is only 3years diffrence is that ok or it will be against you in Interview :whistle:

I am 2 years older than my soon to be husband but they didn't mind.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

She is 3years older than me .I think i become parano :rofl: of lot of persons who their visa's was denied lol :blush:

lol I am 12 years older than he is.. age does not make a difference! It is all in how young you think anyways - that is what my 104 year old grandmother said anyway haha.

I-129F Sent : 10-04-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 10-12-2010

Touched: 10-21-2010

NOA2: 03-16-2011

Vermont Service Center

Interview: 05-18-2011

Fiance' Visa Approved: 12Jul2011

POE - Newark Airport November 20, 2011

Married: December 8, 2011

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox on Feb. 13, 2012

I-485 transfered to Laguna Niguel CA on March 17, 2012

EAD - received from Lee's Summit, MO on April 18, 2012

Timeline

Respectfully, I know Russians and I know Asians. Russian culture is far different from Asian culture. The Russians that married with a large age difference did it specifically to escape their country and are now divorced. The Asians (Filipina's) are still married and I have confirmed with them that they were happy and they were.

When was the last time a Russian said "God Bless" to me ? Lol. Study Asian culture and then get back to us when you get up to speed.

Spasibo (thank you in russian)

Timeline

if your both happy then whatever works for the 2 people in the relationship cant be wrong

Timeline

So do you? I just find it shady most of the time and most of the time it is true. I know personally of people who married some one younger and they where here for the gc. I see it on tv that young women come her with expectation of love but end up dead from abusive men. I've read posts her on VJ of women marrying younger men having them come here to be beaten and abused.

Remember one bad apple spoils the bunch.

Edited by AMP

Timeline

Yes, I know. Please remember, russians too ( which my wife and i are), people from, thialand and any other country that participates in sex slave trade. Where women a desperate to get out of their, third world situation. . An example my wife. Yes I know how the saying goes, but they too have something too say, even if it's a bit off.

When a woman advertises themselves or go online to find mate, I am sure there's a lot of options. Lot of options...just a lot. Why go for the older one? You must say he's richer, he's more stable...well, before the woman gets her hands to those stuff, that's still a lot of work and risk. I trust that the the immigration process is horrific enough to filter the bogus ones.

I just personally think that the reason why some couple breaks up after GC is that things didn't work out with them being physically together. Getting married right away and not taking time to get to know one another but since there's already a lot of effort put into the immigration process, then why not just finish it and walk away?

For a long distance relationship, 1yr or more (in an everyday correspondence) of being in a relationship should be the ideal time to decide if you are going to marry the person or not. I think that's whats missing there. Sometimes, the American just say "She used me for the green card"" just to cover up his shortcomings why the marriage didn't work out.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

So do you? I just find it shady most of the time and most of the time it is true. I know personally of people who married some one younger and they where here for the gc. I see it on tv that young women come her with expectation of love but end up dead from abusive men. I've read posts her on VJ of women marrying younger men having them come here to be beaten and abused.

i dont understand what age has to do with it then... all those things that you mention have happened with couples of the same age also. does that mean your fiance/wife is only after a GC??? are you gonna murder or beat her?? because ive seen that on tv also!!!

Timeline

Exactly! coming over the strange land is a risk. You give up your homeland just to, you sleep, wake up and eat with a person you think that loves you but sometimes ends up sick and abusive. You'll only find out once you are there but you could at least eliminate some bad possibilities by educating yourself, not too much in a rush, thinking a lot and common sense. As I said earlier, some american will say "She just used me for GC" as a sour graping. There's something more behind it that they don't want to deal with.

i dont understand what age has to do with it then... all those things that you mention have happened with couples of the same age also. does that mean your fiance/wife is only after a GC??? are you gonna murder or beat her?? because ive seen that on tv also!!!

:rofl:

Happy New Year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.