lynn2018

Riads in Casablanca

86 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sofiyya is absolutely right, Firtly to make clear the law is based on islamic laws...SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE AND ANYTHING THAT LEADS TO IT IS HARAAM(prohibited) A bribe might work sometimes and it might NOT work,it depends on the peticular officer... Bribery is haram(generally) in islam unless the person who is paying the bribe, needs to obtain his rights but it is ALWAYS HARAM on the one who asks for the bribe money(Shaikh Uthaymeen Al Kaba'irr) :blink:

so with that understood receiving a bribe and paying for a bribe for something that is haram is haraam all together no exceptions :devil::bonk:

@ sofiyya: How many VJ breakups from Morocco have occured? Because Americans need to be warned about this :crying:

Using the HARAM argument generally doesn't work with non Muslims.

Filed: Timeline

Sofiyya is absolutely right, Firtly to make clear the law is based on islamic laws...SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE AND ANYTHING THAT LEADS TO IT IS HARAAM(prohibited) A bribe might work sometimes and it might NOT work,it depends on the peticular officer... Bribery is haram(generally) in islam unless the person who is paying the bribe, needs to obtain his rights but it is ALWAYS HARAM on the one who asks for the bribe money(Shaikh Uthaymeen Al Kaba'irr) :blink:

so with that understood receiving a bribe and paying for a bribe for something that is haram is haraam all together no exceptions :devil::bonk:

@ sofiyya: How many VJ breakups from Morocco have occured? Because Americans need to be warned about this :crying:

Well speaking about BRIBES.... My first visit to Casablanca meeting my fiance at the time, I just dropped him off near his street where he lived and the cops came to my car as he was getting out and they asked for us to pull the car over. These officers took almost two hours of our time and asked for all my information. I was just stunned as to what they wanted for money. I mean come on he was just getting out of my car and they said it was forbidden for him to even be in a car without a permit of some kind to be in the car with an American. He argued of course, and they told him to have me stand outside of there little police station and then they proceeded to talk with him. My fiance came out and said they want some money and I am refusing to give them any and they said if I don't they will take me to jail. I said WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF are you kidding me you are not going to jail for this. I was so hurt as this was my first day in Casablanca. I told him I know you are not suppose to do this bribery thing but let me give them the money and lets just be on our way please. We went back and forth on this for a bit and I gave the money and they let us go. Gosh, I was so mad and disgusted and this went own for my whole three weeks of stay in Morocco as if they had a spy looking for us every day in the car. After about the third time of us being pulled over or just walking on the beach, I got pissed and said I am calling the US Embassy and reporting you. They let us go LOL.

After all my other visits, I stood up to the police and threatened them back as I was given a card from someone on the airplane that worked at the Consulate in Rabat and he told me if I ever had any problems again, just call this number as US Citizen and stay where you are and we will have someone there to help you IMMEDIATELY. I felt so good hearing that and knowing that those dang police could not bribe me anymore.

So all my other visits were beautiful and I feel now as if I can go to Morocco and feel free to walk with my husband now and not be harassed.

p.s. i kept the card of the man LOL never gonna throw that away even though we are married now and that little certificate the mosque gave us to take to Morocco just in case we are harassed which proves our marriage.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Using the HARAM argument generally doesn't work with non Muslims.

Well when a NON-MUSLIM comes to a MUSLIM country he or she must act accordingly to the LAWS of the ISLAMIC country and simply not think they can change them by bribes or any other ways of not complying with the law and the same is for the MUSLIM coming to NON-MUSLIM country.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well speaking about BRIBES.... My first visit to Casablanca meeting my fiance at the time, I just dropped him off near his street where he lived and the cops came to my car as he was getting out and they asked for us to pull the car over. These officers took almost two hours of our time and asked for all my information. I was just stunned as to what they wanted for money. I mean come on he was just getting out of my car and they said it was forbidden for him to even be in a car without a permit of some kind to be in the car with an American. He argued of course, and they told him to have me stand outside of there little police station and then they proceeded to talk with him. My fiance came out and said they want some money and I am refusing to give them any and they said if I don't they will take me to jail. I said WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF are you kidding me you are not going to jail for this. I was so hurt as this was my first day in Casablanca. I told him I know you are not suppose to do this bribery thing but let me give them the money and lets just be on our way please. We went back and forth on this for a bit and I gave the money and they let us go. Gosh, I was so mad and disgusted and this went own for my whole three weeks of stay in Morocco as if they had a spy looking for us every day in the car. After about the third time of us being pulled over or just walking on the beach, I got pissed and said I am calling the US Embassy and reporting you. They let us go LOL.

After all my other visits, I stood up to the police and threatened them back as I was given a card from someone on the airplane that worked at the Consulate in Rabat and he told me if I ever had any problems again, just call this number as US Citizen and stay where you are and we will have someone there to help you IMMEDIATELY. I felt so good hearing that and knowing that those dang police could not bribe me anymore.

So all my other visits were beautiful and I feel now as if I can go to Morocco and feel free to walk with my husband now and not be harassed.

p.s. i kept the card of the man LOL never gonna throw that away even though we are married now and that little certificate the mosque gave us to take to Morocco just in case we are harassed which proves our marriage.

Well basically you have a bunch of filthy police officers who will try to take advantage of moroccan laws,to make a financial gain(a small one at that)

You should of not given them anything,they could of given you a warning because you didnt know,Even Many western muslims who visit morocco are forced to pay this madness(bribery)A lot of Moroccans stereotype ANYONE from the west or gulf countries,Many moroccans think we have gold roads,gold door knobs,and etc. This is far from the truth. :bonk:

Filed: Timeline

Well basically you have a bunch of filthy police officers who will try to take advantage of moroccan laws,to make a financial gain(a small one at that)

You should of not given them anything,they could of given you a warning because you didnt know,Even Many western muslims who visit morocco are forced to pay this madness(bribery)A lot of Moroccans stereotype ANYONE from the west or gulf countries,Many moroccans think we have gold roads,gold door knobs,and etc. This is far from the truth. :bonk:

Curious..... what warning are you speaking about that they should have given me? The only thing they said was, we broke the law and needed a permit for him to even be in the car with me. This is false or otherwise they would have to jail all visitors for this type of warning.

As far as giving them the money, I basically had no choice as they were not giving me back my passport or drivers license so my fiance was willing to go to jail as they said and argue this out until the end (this was midnight already). However, being my first visit, I was clueless as to what would happen to him and there is no way I was letting him go to jail no matter what I had to pay. I was not going to let this trip to Morocco end in such horrible results (so i paid).

I learned the hard way no doubt about those who take advantage of others in Morocco, but nevertheless, I would love to live there.heart.gif

Well when a NON-MUSLIM comes to a MUSLIM country he or she must act accordingly to the LAWS of the ISLAMIC country and simply not think they can change them by bribes or any other ways of not complying with the law and the same is for the MUSLIM coming to NON-MUSLIM country.

Wait...are you insinuating it's non-Muslims, non-Moroccans, and/or Westerners who tarnish the pristine non-corrupt systems in Morocco with bribes? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

There are laws against Moroccans harassing western women that are used against couples. However, bribes don't always work. One of my BILs was jailed last for having more than one wife without his first wife's permission. His second wife, whom he was with, is loaded, but the jailers couldn't be bribed. He sat there until his first wife gave him permission for the second wife.

Timeline

There are laws against Moroccans harassing western women that are used against couples. However, bribes don't always work. One of my BILs was jailed last for having more than one wife without his first wife's permission. His second wife, whom he was with, is loaded, but the jailers couldn't be bribed. He sat there until his first wife gave him permission for the second wife.

It's amazing what a blue passport and some blue dirhams can let you get away with in Morocco..

Timeline

Wait...are you insinuating it's non-Muslims, non-Moroccans, and/or Westerners who tarnish the pristine non-corrupt systems in Morocco with bribes? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bribing the police was something that was totally alien to me upon coming to Morocco. My in laws taught me all about it. We stayed in hotels where you left your bribe at the front desk for the desk clerk, and the cop who checked in nightly. Try to bribe a cop in my town in the US, you're going UNDER the jail.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

It's amazing what a blue passport and some blue dirhams can let you get away with in Morocco..

My BIL also has a "magic passport". It's amazing what happens when it doesn't work as anticipated. The ugly American isn't always welcome. It will be interesting to see what increasing traditionalism/nationalism and the effects of the Arab Spring have on our ugliness overseas.

Timeline

My BIL also has a "magic passport". It's amazing what happens when it doesn't work as anticipated. The ugly American isn't always welcome. It will be interesting to see what increasing traditionalism/nationalism and the effects of the Arab Spring have on our ugliness overseas.

Your brother in law, even though he has a "magic passport"- he's Moroccan, right?

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

God do I love a good cat fight! No matter what anyone says, if you sleep with their middle eastern men before marriage they will think you are a #######. Just how they roll there.

Betsy El Sum

Timeline

When I visited my fiance we always stayed at the IBIS Hotel next to the train station. Never had a problem. We stayed at the IBIS in several different cities and all was well.

9/11/11 Married

2/17/12 AOS package mailed (I130, I486, I765)

2/20/12 AOS package delivered

2/23/12 NOA 1 texts and emails received

3/2/12 Recv'd Biometrics appt letter for 3/22/12

3/22/12 Biometrics completed

4/4/12 Notified interview is 5/8/12

4/16/12 EAD in production

4/25/12 EAD received

5/8/12 AOS interview

5/8/12 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

God do I love a good cat fight! No matter what anyone says, if you sleep with their middle eastern men before marriage they will think you are a #######. Just how they roll there.

Guess they think I'm a #######. Do I care? Not particularly. Also had a child out of wedlock, and stayed in 1/2 dozen Moroccan hotels with her and my husband with no marriage license, and hung out my inlaw's window in a sleeveless pajama shirt taking flash photos of the neighbor's weddings. I'm sure I was the scandal of all of Sbata. Still to this day, not a fuc|< has been given by me.

Timeline

Oh, also drank 2 six packs and a pint of disgusting whiskey at a Domino's in Casablanca, got completely obliterated, and carried to a cab. Security guard helped me get in it.

yup-1.jpg

Edited by Crack Is Wack

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.