mari&Ryan

N-400 OCTOBER 2011 FILERS

1,394 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I come here from time to time to take a look, and I notice the issue that is going on with Joker and I can't resist to ask why you did not take them to court till now?

After interview, they have 120 days to adjust your case, if you can show that you made many efforts to get answers with no satisfying results, you can take USCIS to court, this is called Writ of mandamus. In this case, the court take your whole file from USCIS and determine your eligiblity and they approve/deny the application based on information/findings and USCIS will have NO control over your file anymore once the court have it. If you are pretty sure about all information you gave and believe you have the right to get your citizenship, I would not let it go that easily man, no way.

When we stop and give up our rights, they might do the same mistakes/issue more often. If it was men, hell no, I would take them to court being sure I will get approved as long as I know I am clean and nothing to fear.

I hope you reconsider, after all its your decision. Good luck

Edited by no_where_man

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I come here from time to time to take a look, and I notice the issue that is going on with Joker and I can't resist to ask why you did not take them to court till now?

After interview, they have 120 days to adjust your case, if you can show that you made many efforts to get answers with no satisfying results, you can take USCIS to court, this is called Writ of mandamus. In this case, the court take your whole file from USCIS and determine your eligiblity and they approve/deny the application based on information/findings and USCIS will have NO control over your file anymore once the court have it. If you are pretty sure about all information you gave and believe you have the right to get your citizenship, I would not let it go that easily man, no way.

When we stop and give up our rights, they might do the same mistakes/issue more often. If it was men, hell no, I would take them to court being sure I will get approved as long as I know I am clean and nothing to fear.

I agree. We have the right to know a decision made toward our case even if an approval or a denial.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I totally I agree 1. thing i don't have the $ 2. I have a long extended criminal record and i don't want it to back fire on me if i take it to court... so i'm just gonna let it be what it's...Sometimes is better off save them sorry!

Edited by Joker69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Joker69 - They have to give you a decision after 120 days have passed. Don't let them keep you hanging. Have you had a chance to discuss your case with a lawyer from the legal-aid links I gave you some months ago?

Edited by NotBonJovi

09/1991 - Came to the US on F1

06/2002 - Became a Permanent Resident

Naturalization Journey

10/12/11: Sent N-400 to Dallas lockbox via USPS certified mail

10/18/11: Delivery confirmed

10/21/11: Check cashed

10/25/11: Got NOA by mail. Priority date 10/18

10/28/11: FP notice received by mail

11/18/11: FP done per schedule

01/03/12: Yellow letter received (dated 12/12/11)

01/06/12: Status changed to Testing and Interview (inline for scheduling)

01/18/12: Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/21/12: IL Received

02/23/12: Interview: approved. Oath: completed

Phew, what a journey! I am a US Citizen.

02/27/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card

03/26/12: Received passport

Timeline

yeah man that's what I've been doing ....All I can do is wait!innocent.gif

Joker Wait they are giving you a chance don't blow it up once again or you can go to an official as well and ask them.

Edited by Joker69

Timeline

yeah they said to keep waitng or take it to court but i just keep waiting since i don't the $! going on an info passed on sep 7 will see them!

Joker69 - They have to give you a decision after 120 days have passed. Don't let them keep you hanging. Have you had a chance to discuss your case with a lawyer from the legal-aid links I gave you some months ago?

Edited by Joker69

Timeline

Good Luck for your infopass on Sept 7th. Buena Suerte again Amigo!

Naturalization Journey

Timeline

yes i have back in 5/26/2012 and got a reponse letter a week later saying my n400 is under review by an Immigration officer and that if i don't get no answer after 90 days to do an infopass so i just did for next week on sep 7 will see what happens them! I even called yesterday and they said that they hadn't make a decision yet to make an infopass .uuuuggghhhh the saga continue! keep y'all posted next week see what they got to say...THANKS FOR THE CONCERN APPRECIATED YOU GUYS! MUCH LOVE GOD BLESSED!blush.gif

Joker have you done a service request? it is very effective.

Edited by Joker69

Timeline

just got back from my infopass and they said that the supervisor has my file since Augs 14 and that he is on vacation that as soon he get's back is going to review for a decision! ...Well I sure do hope the supervisor come back from vacation on good mood to approved my n400blush.gif ...well all i can say there still hope .......#Blessed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

just got back from my infopass and they said that the supervisor has my file since Augs 14 and that he is on vacation that as soon he get's back is going to review for a decision! ...Well I sure do hope the supervisor come back from vacation on good mood to approved my n400blush.gif ...well all i can say there still hope .......#Blessed

Good lucck bro

Timeline

Joker69 - Good to know there was nothing alarming. Its almost a year since you applied. I hope the supervisor makes a decision soon. Stay brave, my friend.

Edited by NotBonJovi

Naturalization Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.