7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I would like help or advice on what to do or what is next..

Fiancee Visa (I-129F)

approved by USCIS May 2011 made it all the way to Greece. Had first interview on July 6 2011

they asked questions and fiancee did answer all. Told at first interview he needed to have me to call

them. They gave him 221 (g) and told him I needed to come for interview. I call made apointment for

Aug 24th. 2011 and I went. The interview took three minutes and because I had filed for someone

before and then stopped the case and divorced the guy. I added the proof of letter from USCIS that the

case was closed so not to think I was hiding anything. Copy of official letter of case closing. They

wanted me there to only ask one question am I sure I was this case to continue I replies "Yes" I want

this case to go on.. Interview over just like that. Waited then told to go they will call.

I called the embassy two or three time the next week and nothing. Then two times the next week. I sent

two emails with no response until 9/14/2011. then letter said:

"Dear Ms. N, "

"After consideration of the application for Mr. O’s visa, we have decided to send the case back to the

office of the USCIS for their reconsideration. This means that his visa will not be issued at this time and

that USCIS will consider whether or not case can proceed."

So is this AP? or what? Can someone help me here.. What do I make of this?

Thank you in advance for all your help

mel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If they are sending it back to USCIS your case has been denied. I'm sorry to hear about that. The 221g should have stated why they are sending it back. You can call DOS to see if it on its way back. It could take 2 to 3 months before it makes it back to USCIS. Your will be in a diplomatic pouch, and bounce around from consulate to consulate the it goes to the NVC and then back to the Nebraska Service Center, where your case was approved.

I'm not really sure how they handle the I129F. They do expire after a cetain time.

IMO, If the interview went well, they are looking at your previous petition. How long has it been since you filed the previous petition?

Best of luck

Timeline

If they are sending it back to USCIS your case has been denied. I'm sorry to hear about that. The 221g should have stated why they are sending it back. You can call DOS to see if it on its way back. It could take 2 to 3 months before it makes it back to USCIS. Your will be in a diplomatic pouch, and bounce around from consulate to consulate the it goes to the NVC and then back to the Nebraska Service Center, where your case was approved.

I'm not really sure how they handle the I129F. They do expire after a cetain time.

IMO, If the interview went well, they are looking at your previous petition. How long has it been since you filed the previous petition?

Best of luck

Hello and again ty for your reply. I was married to that other man in 2007 and I filed in 2008 and ended it in 2009 and meet this wonderful and fine person in March 2010 and were friends until August and then we meet in person and it turned serious with us and it has been a great and wonderful relationship every since. I love and care for this man very deeply and he says the same for me. We have made so many plans only to finally stop setting dates. Our lives are now on hold.

Tell me if I want to go and marry him should I do it or should we wait this AP out? We have been talking for some time and have great understanding and love for each other. What are our other options?

Any help here pls and ty..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Without knowing the reason for the petition being sent back to USCIS, getting married may hurt more then help. You can call DOS and find out if the petition is in fact on its back. If that doesn't help you can contact your congressmans office. They may be willing to help you find out where your petition is and the reason for the denial. Sone don't recommend contacting them. In my case they were a great help.

The Service Center don't handle I129-F the same when they are returned. Some let them just expire, and some send out a Notice of intent to revoke (NOIR). I filed CR-1 so I really cant say how NSC will handle you case when they recieve it. They may just reaffirm it.

I know how you feel about your life being on hold. Continue collecting evidence of your relationship. My wife and I dont set dates either, yet we are committed to each other.

Staying strong and positive is all you can really do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Can you not move to Greece?

Multi national relationships are a two way street.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Can you not move to Greece?

Multi national relationships are a two way street.

Hello

I am srry to say the economy in greece is really bad and if and of you have been watching the news in the past few

months you know that Greece is not the place to be.

Timeline

I would like help or advice on what to do or what is next..

Fiancee Visa (I-129F)

approved by USCIS May 2011 made it all the way to Greece. Had first interview on July 6 2011

they asked questions and fiancee did answer all. Told at first interview he needed to have me to call

them. They gave him 221 (g) and told him I needed to come for interview. I call made apointment for

Aug 24th. 2011 and I went. The interview took three minutes and because I had filed for someone

before and then stopped the case and divorced the guy. I added the proof of letter from USCIS that the

case was closed so not to think I was hiding anything. Copy of official letter of case closing. They

wanted me there to only ask one question am I sure I was this case to continue I replies "Yes" I want

this case to go on.. Interview over just like that. Waited then told to go they will call.

I called the embassy two or three time the next week and nothing. Then two times the next week. I sent

two emails with no response until 9/14/2011. then letter said:

"Dear Ms. N, "

"After consideration of the application for Mr. O’s visa, we have decided to send the case back to the

office of the USCIS for their reconsideration. This means that his visa will not be issued at this time and

that USCIS will consider whether or not case can proceed."

So is this AP? or what? Can someone help me here.. What do I make of this?

Thank you in advance for all your help

mel

Now an update

Job in Greece has been lost due to cut backs and the economy..

so going to greece is out of the question..

The case is back in USA

DOS got it 11-02-2011

USCIS got it and posted it to where it needed to be reviewed at on 11-09-2011

case was touched 11-15-2011

and now just waiting

it has been 81 days in ap been told 120 days should hear something.

I just want to be with the one I love and the one who loves me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.