Tarvos

F-1 student visa timeline

48 posts in this topic

Ah, I expected the definition of the term to be that. Financially speaking, I am very self-sufficient and have shown I could fund my entire education in the US on my own without having to seek any assistance or desire to find a job there. But yes, I've heard of people who outright vanished after stepping off the plane, and it sickens me to death that my case can actually be grouped with theirs without checking thoroughly my purpose for traveling.

Also, I meant if -they- asked me for a second interview. I know right now that requesting one won't improve my chances, but last time I went there, the CO told me "for starters, your Visa should come out in two weeks" and it's actually been almost four months now with no news.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is all down to the broken Immigration system, once you are in it is is very unlikely that you would be caught if you abused your status.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Again, I doubt that they consider your situation to be a case of visa fraud, otherwise they would have denied you already. You are well-educated, speak English very well and you are seeking postgraduate education in a tough field of study. I strongly believe this is a case of AP.

Edited by Bsze

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency

07/09/2017 - filed N400 online

07/10/2017 - NOA

08/03/2017 - biometrics done

02/20/2018 - interview & oath ceremony

Thanks... the thing is, I truly have no intention of trying to abuse an entry Visa should I obtain one. I've been meaning to gather information about this only to know what exactly is going on with respect to my own country, and from what I've heard, there ARE those who are getting their Visas all fine and dandy with little to no trouble, in the manner you might have obtained yours.

What irks me is that at this point I doubt they'd reply to any of my inquiries anymore. And we at Egypt aren't exactly on best of terms with each other as fellow citizens of this nation to tell each other how the Visas fair with us, lol.

Timeline

Getting information from US embassies is like pulling teeth sometimes. When I tried to get information from the Kuala Lumpur embassy regarding my fiance visa, I was turned away and told to wait. My US citizen husband got better results by calling them and angrily threatened to complain to their supervisors. :whistle:

You could try the Egypt thread on this forum and see if others have any stories or experiences to share.

07/10/2017 - NOA

Oooh, thanks, will do. Any straight links I can have? I haven't really found any Egyptian STUDENT Visa threads around here...

As far as phone calls go, I'm almost always asked to email them instead, which obviously never really works. Did they give him the information he needed when he did that? I might have to call them up again to try it.

Timeline

Hmm... I guess there isn't a dedicated thread to Egypt but there's a regional forum and it could be a spot to start. There aren't a lot of members on here who've gone down the student visa route, but it's definitely worth a shot. Here's the link.

Also, certain embassies only accept phone calls on certain days of the week and some embassies not at all. (It was Monday for our embassy). Bear in mind that my husband is a US citizen and that holds more clout than a foreigner hoping to obtain a visa from the United States.

07/10/2017 - NOA

Timeline

I'm glad I've been able to give you some measure of hope - however small it is.

Also, have you check your status online here? I did a quick search on this forum and it seems that the Cairo embassy tells EVERYONE to expect 2 weeks for the AP. This thread could help too.

07/10/2017 - NOA

Aha! I knew that 2 weeks thing was a broken tape being played for everyone.

I've been checking my NIV Visa Case status, it only tells me to email them since more than 90 days have passed (you could imagine how surprised I was when the status message changed, only to realize it's ANOTHER useless status message).

Thanks for the thread! I'll check it out now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am also sure this is an AP issue, just answering the question about fraud.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Thanks... I really need to know more about how much it CAN take for someone...

If that was sarcasm, I won't get offended, I'd just whistle :whistle::P

Seriously though, I didn't mean to discourage you with my last post. Sorry if it seemed that way. I only commented that because I remember one of my guy friends (he's Malaysian and a Malay) had a terribly tough time with AP BUT he got approved, he went to Michigan, he studied for four to five years, and he returned to Malaysia.

I hope it's the same case for you, too, that you will get approved and get to study in the US.

All the best. :thumbs:

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Oh, no. I was hardly being sarcastic there; I said thanks because I appreciated you contributing more info to the matter. I can hardly joke about something this frustrating. :(

The problem right now is that I'm running out of time for my current semester, and will have to book a new semester to attend. I only have one month before this semester is over.

Edited by Tarvos

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Oh, no. I was hardly being sarcastic there; I said thanks because I appreciated you contributing more info to the matter. I can hardly joke about something this frustrating. :(

The problem right now is that I'm running out of time for my current semester, and will have to book a new semester to attend. I only have one month before this semester is over.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry that this is stressful for you. :( When did they put you in AP? Sorry if I missed that info in your earlier posts.

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.