s9jv

Mumbai Consulate K1 visa 221g given

91 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2011 at 6:32 PM, s9jv said:

At the Mumbai Consulate interview we were asked a lot of questions and we were told that they didnt believe us. My Fiancee lived with me in India for 12 months, we have 100's of photos, emails and hours and hours of phone conversations since she had to return home waiting on the K1 visa process. We have been together for 2 years now. In the interview we were asked to supply wedding invitiations, guest list for the upcoming wedding, and wedding plans with paid receipts. We supplied all these documents asked for but now we are under Administrative Process review. Is there anyone out there going through or has gone through this. We are trying to figure out how long it will take for them to review the documents and get back to us. This has been the hardest time being seperated from each other with no idea what they have planned for us. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @s9jv what is the current status of your visa? I am going through same issue. Please help.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:28 AM, Puneet12 said:

Not yet and what about you ?? Are you done with your interview 

Hi @Punnet12 yes the interview is done and we were given a 221G requesting all the extra evidence. Documents were submitted and its been 60 days. We have no reply yet.

Is this regular processing time? Do you know anyone who got the visa after 60 days? Please help. Is there anything we can do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mak99 said:

Do you have any update? we are waiting too.

Interview on 7sep got 221g 

submite document on 14 sep 

recived Mail submits passport on 2 nov

sumbite passport 5 nov 

recived passport with visa on 14 nov 

Timeline
Just now, A_R said:

Why what happened??

Didn’t even look any of the proofs 

just gave me 221g 

i tried to show it to him though so many times at time of my answer so to his questions but he refused to look at them I Guess it was already planned his decision 

Timeline

I'm so sorry, this is awful to hear 😢. Don't give up!  What does the 221g say. Are you able to post it here? Do you have a more "complicated" case like age gap, divorce, less visits perhaps? Were you both together at the interview? Any info you can share. You must have been so discouraged 😟

Timeline
33 minutes ago, LoriandSwaroop said:

I'm so sorry, this is awful to hear 😢. Don't give up!  What does the 221g say. Are you able to post it here? Do you have a more "complicated" case like age gap, divorce, less visits perhaps? Were you both together at the interview? Any info you can share. You must have been so discouraged 😟

Consider these things if you haven’t got them done then make sure you get them done if you wanna know anything else you can inbox me 

495884C9-65DE-44C1-BE8B-37CDC8ECB3B0.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/26/2018 at 2:48 AM, Puneet12 said:

221g white slip letter for additional proof such as court appointment date printed invitation card vendors informations and theirs contact number , wedding outfit receipts and rings also list of guests , notarized statement from both of us 

Are you done with your interview?? @A_R

@Puneet12, 😮 they need all those as proof too ? I’m thinking of court wedding if not a very simple function at a temple. 

On 6/26/2018 at 2:58 AM, Puneet12 said:

@A_R NOA1 date - 14 September 2017 

After waiting period for 6 months we have received RFE for some documents on March 16 2018 then RFE reply back on March 28 2017

NOA2 6 April 2018 got lucky to receive in just 7 days 

NVC case number on 1 may 2018 

packet 4 letter 15 may 2018 

mecidal done 5 June 2018

boimetric done 12 June 2018 

interview done 15 June 2018 

221g submitted today 26 June 2018 

hoping for best now 

thank you 

@A_R, that’s a lot of documents they need for a future wedding plan. Do they ask all these wedding planning details always ? 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Annie74 said:

@Puneet12, 😮 they need all those as proof too ? I’m thinking of court wedding if not a very simple function at a temple. 

Hi - this post has gotten confusing! In some cases they might ask for proof depending on what your wedding plans are. If you are having a court wedding then there would be no proof or receipts or venue or guest list!  It is my belief that you just can't be wishy washy about it. Don't say that you have a wedding planned but show no proof. We were approved at our interview on Nov 30th and we are having a court wedding, sometime in the 90 days when my fiance arrives. Please let me know if this helps at all or feel free to message me if you have any other questions!

4 minutes ago, LoriandSwaroop said:

Hi - this post has gotten confusing! In some cases they might ask for proof depending on what your wedding plans are. If you are having a court wedding then there would be no proof or receipts or venue or guest list!  It is my belief that you just can't be wishy washy about it. Don't say that you have a wedding planned but show no proof. We were approved at our interview on Nov 30th and we are having a court wedding, sometime in the 90 days when my fiance arrives. Please let me know if this helps at all or feel free to message me if you have any other questions!

@LoriandSwaroop, congrats on your approval. Waiting on my NOA2 , hopefully soon. Very stressful process . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.