50 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

No one here can tell you if your husband filed for you or not.

Generally, it takes about 6-12 months for a US citizen to petition for a spouse. It could be longer if there are background issues.

Do you have a USCIS case number or NVC case number? Ask your husband for your case number and then contact the appropriate US government agency to see if your case is being worked on.

Generally, it takes about 6-12 months for a US citizen to petition for a spouse. It could be longer if there are background issues.

Do you have a USCIS case number or NVC case number? Ask your husband for your case number and then contact the appropriate US government agency to see if your case is being worked on.

Thanks for replying.First he sent my papers november 2008 but he lost his job.then again he sent my papers last february 2011,until now we did not heard,he dont have anything even NVC Number,also even the receipt when he sent my packages,he told me he lost.All i need is waiting him but only this month i need to find out since when i called his phone woman was answer his phone telling she is gf of my husband but still my husband keep denying but i dont believe him anymore,and he dont want also to filed annulment of our marriage so he said all i need is to wait my papers,how long i am going to wait since i have doubt already.thanks

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for replying.First he sent my papers november 2008 but he lost his job.then again he sent my papers last february 2011,until now we did not heard,he dont have anything even NVC Number,also even the receipt when he sent my packages,he told me he lost.All i need is waiting him but only this month i need to find out since when i called his phone woman was answer his phone telling she is gf of my husband but still my husband keep denying but i dont believe him anymore,and he dont want also to filed annulment of our marriage so he said all i need is to wait my papers,how long i am going to wait since i have doubt already.thanks

No one here can tell you. You don't trust your husband. You aren't sure if he really filed. How can we tell you if you don't even know the basic information?

YOUR HUSBAND IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN GIVE YOU A CASE NUMBER. HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO CONTACT USCIS.

WE CANNOT HELP IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR CASE NUMBER.

That was he told me,he dont have also NVC number.he just only sent my papers but he dont have anything.Yes.i trust my husband but this week i dont think anymore.since he have live in partner there.And he dont want to set me free also.

ANYWAY,HOW DID YOU GET THE NVC NUMBER,SINCE HE TOLD ME HE JUST ONLY SENT THE PACKAGES.Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Husband submitted paper work in Feb? If thats the case he would have gotten some kind of notice that payment was recieved, also should have recieved a case number within weeks. So if he cant provide the number I would assume he didnt do it :(

Thank you so much for all your reply.I dont know what to do now.he still want me to keep me waiting but still no financial support.thanks to all.I met him 2007 and got married 2008 until now he still keep telling me i need to wait my papers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Rhiz...

I feel so bad, but he is lying to you in so many ways. I am so sorry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i think he did not send any papers to uscis

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks to ALL,Is there anyway that i can do some things for my husband if he only lying to me?Since he dont want to void our marriage also.thanks

Hello Rhiz27, I feel so sad for you. You have to talk to your husband again, heart to heart. You need to find out the real truth. And remember whatever he says it must be followed with actions. Words alone aren't enough without ACTIONS. If he is really not lying to you, then he should be able to provide you with USCIS Case No. so you could check online the status of your case. A relationship has to be open and honest so you won't have doubts in your mind. I wish you good luck and God's grace upon you. Keep praying to God, He will guide you in all your decisions :)

Thanks to ALL,I always asked the NVC number but he told me until now he did not yet recieve it,i trust my husband,almost now 5 years i was waiting him but only this week i dont trust him,i believe he have a thai live in partner first he confirmed it when we talked i guess he was drunk but in second time i talked to him,he deny the girl and he want me to wait him,so i really dont know.but thanks to all of you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.