Trey7Sarah

***Question about the SPUTUM TEST in the Philippines***

71 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/22/2011 at 3:08 AM, rixx said:

hello! for what i know is that since she has some "phlegm/blemish" seen in her xray, St lukes just want to really make sure that she doesn't really have TB that's why they want her to undergo sputum test. even if her physical / blood test are fine, it doesn't really mean that she is clear of TB. :(

sputum test is done every morning for 3 consecutive days. she can't eat breakfast cos it might affect the result of the sputum test.

they schedule sputum test on its availability and i guess since alot have been undergoing this the earliest available dates are oct 3, 4 & 5.

don't worry. just pray that her sputum test will be negative. results will be released after 2 days. then, some have to wait for the culture of the sputum which take up to 8 weeks. the nurse there said that once you're waiting for the culture (which is 8 weeks)and if you were called before that time, it means that your culture is positive of TB and you need to start treatment which lasts for 6 months :(

my son who is 5 y o had his sputum test and he was positive on the sputum smear. and now we're waiting for the culture. the doctor said that once it is positive it can be TB, TB resistant to some medicines or other bacteria.

i do hope i answered your questions. just pray pray and pray. miracles happen when you have faith :)

My dad went to Saint Luke for his medical as well "sputum " takes forever ! He supposed to get done his visa interview last October 19th but the stupid sputum made him to come back again many times to Saint Luke to get over and get the result we have been waiting like few weeks now after the 3 days test for sputum they wanted him to wait for the culture then come back after 60 days OR without 8 weeks so they scheduled him not till December 18th but now  I got confused they called him to come back this November 16th to do another pulmonary or another evaluation ! Omg I'm so tired and sick of it too much hassle and confusion ! What the heck they can't give a straight answer either positive or negative cuz I know from the beginning they told him those 3 days sputum was " negative " but the heck to wait for the culturethen now they have him to come back again November 16th 

cam any answer of this ???please I'm in the US and my family struggling there in a he Philippines I work hard for this case to get over with and still waiting for this ! 

Im petitioner lives in the US alone with no family ! I have been helping my dad to get his visa since late 2015 wow it takes forever!!! 

People told me it's a lot quicker when you petition your parents I don't believe that! Look at my dad's status still processing and there's no Ending !!!! Lord please help me I'm very stressed here thinking about this stupid " sputum "

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, pinayako7900 said:

So , question why they called my dad to come back a little early instead December 18th they re scheduled to go back November 16th it is not make any sense at all. I just need an straight answer either positive or negative they have to let me know cuz i get tired of keep sending my dad and 3 other people to accompany him from butuan to Manila it takes forever ! Flight back and forth many times it's not easy to fly and money spent too much it turns into nothing ! I don't want to waste my time on this ! It's getting on my nerves ! I'm very disappointed right now that's I'm not even gonna try this again if this case is denied ! Im tired ! 

do you have any idea why they re scheduled him to come back a little early ??? Why? My dad told me hat they won't release the result until he get to see the doctor in person " sputum evaluation " which is they have done that last October 17, 18, and19th,  i don't know about pulmonary evaluation? And or smear ? Please comments below thanks 

Why early?   Usually that means the culture is positive for TB,  you will know the answer on the 16th.  All you can do for now is be patient.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, pinayako7900 said:

My dad went to Saint Luke for his medical as well "sputum " takes forever ! He supposed to get done his visa interview last October 19th but the stupid sputum made him to come back again many times to Saint Luke to get over and get the result we have been waiting like few weeks now after the 3 days test for sputum they wanted him to wait for the culture then come back after 60 days OR without 8 weeks so they scheduled him not till December 18th but now  I got confused they called him to come back this November 16th to do another pulmonary or another evaluation ! Omg I'm so tired and sick of it too much hassle and confusion ! What the heck they can't give a straight answer either positive or negative cuz I know from the beginning they told him those 3 days sputum was " negative " but the heck to wait for the culturethen now they have him to come back again November 16th 

cam any answer of this ???please I'm in the US and my family struggling there in a he Philippines I work hard for this case to get over with and still waiting for this ! 

Im petitioner lives in the US alone with no family ! I have been helping my dad to get his visa since late 2015 wow it takes forever!!! 

People told me it's a lot quicker when you petition your parents I don't believe that! Look at my dad's status still processing and there's no Ending !!!! Lord please help me I'm very stressed here thinking about this stupid " sputum "

You are being helped, by SLEC.  If... big IF .. your dad's culture turned positive then he will have to complete 6 months of DOT medication at St. Luke's.   DOT = Direct Observation Therapy.

https://www.cdc.gov/tb/webcourses/tb101/page3832.html

TB kills and is contagious.   Curing a person of TB saves their life.

If DOT is next be prepared for your dad to stay in Manila near St. Luke's for 6 months, going their daily for medication.   IF .... 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

You are being helped, by SLEC.  If... big IF .. your dad's culture turned positive then he will have to complete 6 months of DOT medication at St. Luke's.   DOT = Direct Observation Therapy.

https://www.cdc.gov/tb/webcourses/tb101/page3832.html

TB kills and is contagious.   Curing a person of TB saves their life.

If DOT is next be prepared for your dad to stay in Manila near St. Luke's for 6 months, going their daily for medication.   IF .... 

Hell no ! My dad would not stay in Manila for 6 freaking months! Just remember we he doesn't live in Manila !!!! He lives in Mindanao and I would call directly to the Saint Luke hospital to stop doing this BS. !!!! This is ridiculous!!!!! I WOULD CALL THE US EMBASSY ABOUT THIS AND COMPLAIN!!!! I WILL REPORT THIS CASE AND TALK TO TULFO OR GOVERMENT !!! I'm sick and tired of that BS sputum I've been in the US for 15 years and I work here in the hospital that's NOT how treated patient over here in the US !!! Mark my word I will complain these mofos!!!!

Timeline
Just now, pinayako7900 said:

Hell no ! My dad would not stay in Manila for 6 freaking months! Just remember we he doesn't live in Manila !!!! He lives in Mindanao and I would call directly to the Saint Luke hospital to stop doing this BS. !!!! This is ridiculous!!!!! I WOULD CALL THE US EMBASSY ABOUT THIS AND COMPLAIN!!!! I WILL REPORT THIS CASE AND TALK TO TULFO OR GOVERMENT !!! I'm sick and tired of that BS sputum I've been in the US for 15 years and I work here in the hospital that's NOT how treated patient over here in the US !!! Mark my word I will complain these mofos!!!!

That's not how we treated patients here in the US !!!! Sputum exam what the F!!!!! 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, pinayako7900 said:

My comment was a "heads up" as to what to expect IF his culture is POSITIVE.   You could make calls until your fingers were raw from dialing numbers, changes nothing.   You do NOT have to do anything .. and of course St. Luke's does NOT have to do anything, and lastly the embassy does NOT have to do anything.

If you work at a hospital they you must be very aware of TB as a disease, and are aware of the CDC.  TB may not be common in the USA, but it is on the rise .. mostly because of those entering the country as carriers.  TB treatment is dictated by the CDC.  https://www.cdc.gov/tb/webcourses/tb101/page3826.html

If memory serves the Philippines is #3 on the list with CDC for TB  ... which is neither here nor there .. CDC makes the rules.  Play by the rules or not .. this is your decision.

Good luck.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

My comment was a "heads up" as to what to expect IF his culture is POSITIVE.   You could make calls until your fingers were raw from dialing numbers, changes nothing.   You do NOT have to do anything .. and of course St. Luke's does NOT have to do anything, and lastly the embassy does NOT have to do anything.

If you work at a hospital they you must be very aware of TB as a disease, and are aware of the CDC.  TB may not be common in the USA, but it is on the rise .. mostly because of those entering the country as carriers.  TB treatment is dictated by the CDC.  https://www.cdc.gov/tb/webcourses/tb101/page3826.html

If memory serves the Philippines is #3 on the list with CDC for TB  ... which is neither here nor there .. CDC makes the rules.  Play by the rules or not .. this is your decision.

Good luck.

FYI there's too many older people that came over here without doing that BS sputum exam to wait forever & back and forth stuff I encountered too many Filipinos here in the US that petitioned their parents to come over here and they are also not healthy they have diseases too and it's a lot worst than my dad and to be honest my dad don't even smoke and don't drink either he went there many times they told him it's negative but what the heck they've been waiting for !!!!! What else they want from me!!! I spent too much money for this !!!! I am poor and I don't think I can afford to send my dad back and forth to Manila and butuan !!!! ####### ! I'm so mad at this point !!! His visa should release soon !!! It takes ###### forever since 2015!!!! 

If anyone research online that whoever full citizen here in the US that petition their parents they should not wait that long they keep telling me it takes only a year or two or less than a year !!! Look what happened to my case I have been waiting for this !!! ANYONE CAN READ I REALLY NEED HELP TO GET OVER THIS ISSUE AND TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM !!! Please !!!!

comments below pls!!!! 

Timeline

Worse that TB?   TB kills, TB is contagious .. what disease is worse that the CDC is ignoring and allowing people to enter the USA as carriers?     Smoking, drinking?  That has nothing to do with TB ... you are a nurse???

TB screening/testing has been going on for many years.   https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6311a3.htm

As for DOT, you would be money ahead to find a modest apartment not far from SLEC if DOT is required.   Can't imagine traveling any distance daily for DOT.

You need patience and the willingness to accept reality.    Come 16 November you will know more..   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Worse that TB?   TB kills, TB is contagious .. what disease is worse that the CDC is ignoring and allowing people to enter the USA as carriers?     Smoking, drinking?  That has nothing to do with TB ... you are a nurse???

TB screening/testing has been going on for many years.   https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6311a3.htm

As for DOT, you would be money ahead to find a modest apartment not far from SLEC if DOT is required.   Can't imagine traveling any distance daily for DOT.

You need patience and the willingness to accept reality.    Come 16 November you will know more..   

Excuse me! I have been more than patient ! I waited too long for this process and its not make any sense at all to make him going back and forth many times what the heck !!!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Hope all goes well.   

Stick a fork in me as I am d-o-n-e 

Hi "Hank_said " I personally thank you for your respond to all my comments I do appreciate it your help and advice! Sorry that I keep questioning about this issue I wish we don't have to go through this stuff it's too much hassle " sputum exam " I get headaches thinking about it and thanks again for all your concerns I wish I could talk to you by phone instead of explaining this over and over lol 

again I have been patiently waiting for this to get my dad's visa ASAP so I can come home to my country soon " Philippines 🇵🇭 To bring with me back to the US please pray for me I hope this November 16th is the last visits cuz they have been flying million times over and over WE NEED TO END THIS AND GET OVER WITH ! !! 

I look forward to hear from Saint Luke hospital to please release his medical result so he can go back to US embassy to do a visa interview cuz originally supposed to be last October 19th remember ? But they didn't continue his interview cuz they needed his medical that's all was missing " medical only " thanks Hank !!! 

If you have any more info or any feedback please comments below ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.