talkative

N-400 Interview Experience at Fairfax office.

9 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone -

I had my naturalization interview last week in Fairfax, VA office. It was a 5 minute interview, I had my appointment for 8:20 a.m. and I was called at 8:22 by the IO. The IO was a fairly young male in his mid 30's, he introduced himself on the door and than again when we got in the office. There was another officer with him who was in training, IO introduced that officer as well. The officer began with N400 application, asking usual stuff like address, phone number, etc. Asked for my passport, green card and drivers license - he also saw my selective service registration card and matched the number I provided in the application. After that he gave me a line to read, which was:

What is the capital of USA?

and asked me to write:

The capital of United States is Washington D.C.

Than he asked me 6 simple civic questions

1. What is the supreme law of the land?

2. What is an amendment?

3. When was the constitution written?

4. What is the rule of law?

5. Who makes Federal laws?

6. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

After that he stopped and said Congratulations you have passed the test and asked if I was available that day for the Oath Ceremony. He scheduled me for the same day Oath ceremony at 2:00 and told me to report at 1:00 p.m. I was out of the office in a total of 30 minutes in the morning and returned back at 1:00 p.m. I applied for the N400 in the first week of March and was fingerprinted mid April.

I took the Oath the same day and got my certificate. I will be applying for the passport book pretty soon. How long does it take to get the passport if you expedite the process, does anyone knows? and how can I find out which Postal offices accepts passport applications.

Congratulations!!! THat was nice to have everything taken care of in one day!

This link might help you get some answers about passports:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html

Hello Everyone -

I had my naturalization interview last week in Fairfax, VA office. It was a 5 minute interview, I had my appointment for 8:20 a.m. and I was called at 8:22 by the IO. The IO was a fairly young male in his mid 30's, he introduced himself on the door and than again when we got in the office. There was another officer with him who was in training, IO introduced that officer as well. The officer began with N400 application, asking usual stuff like address, phone number, etc. Asked for my passport, green card and drivers license - he also saw my selective service registration card and matched the number I provided in the application. After that he gave me a line to read, which was:

and asked me to write:

2. What is an amendment?

After that he stopped and said Congratulations you have passed the test and asked if I was available that day for the Oath Ceremony. He scheduled me for the same day Oath ceremony at 2:00 and told me to report at 1:00 p.m. I was out of the office in a total of 30 minutes in the morning and returned back at 1:00 p.m. I applied for the N400 in the first week of March and was fingerprinted mid April.

I took the Oath the same day and got my certificate. I will be applying for the passport book pretty soon. How long does it take to get the passport if you expedite the process, does anyone knows? and how can I find out which Postal offices accepts passport applications.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations on your newly acquired status.

There is also a post on this board "Passport Filer" started by DeeBee asking posters to list their time lines on their passport applications. You can read the post to get a feel on the application turn around time posters on this board experienced, and add your own on that thread if you like.

Cheers

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone -

and asked me to write:

2. What is an amendment?

Congratulations! i will have my interview on November 2 at Fairfax Virginia. praying and cant wait til become a US citizen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations - I went through the Fairfax VA office back in July - easiest 10 minutes of my life :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

• 2 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone -

Congrats!

When they asked your phone number... did they specifically asked home phone number? Because I have put my cell number as my day time number. So if they ask for home phone number should say the cell number that I entered or my home phone number? Please help.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.