smithie05

Documents needed for CR-1 interview in Rio de Janiero, Brazil

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Could anyone out there give me the list (in order) of documents that my husband will need for his CR-1 interview in Rio de Janeiro? I would like to know exactly what this specific consulate requires.

They have told me twice (via e-mail) that they will not ask for the I-864 (Affidavit of Support) again. If anyone could confirm this through personal experience I would feel much better.

Muito obrigada pela ajuda! :star:

-Smithie

Timeline

Ooh, great question. I want to know this too....My husband's application is at NVC now, and we're just waiting for our case number...so soon we'll be at the consulate in Rio....What exactly does the consulate want? What is the DS-2001??

CLICK ---->Andrea & Roberto da Silva ~ April 26, 2006 Jaboatao, Brasil

View our Timeline HERE

ON VALENTINE'S DAY, I BROUGHT MY HUSBAND, ROBERTO, HOME! IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Smithie & andrea&roberto

What you will most likely receive is a generic instruction list in the packet you receive that will also ilist documents/forms that you have already submitted to NVC. Anything submitted already to NVC will not have to be submitted again. That includes the visa application fee already paid to NVC. The DS-2001 is 'Notification of Applicant(s) Readiness' for an interview. Since the NVC took over the roll of the immigrant visa application process (DS-230, I-864 etc), certain things have changed and the DS-2001 is one of those changes. The DS-2001 is still used for DCF immigrant visas. You will be notified of the interview date automatically via a letter incuded in the packet.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Ok, so we don't need to fill out the DS-2001. But what exactly is in which packet and where does it come from? NVC and/or Rio Consulate? I have everything together that NVC will need. I-864, DS230, and all the documents they want proof of etc..I know i can email NVC for choice of agent, so after all that...will I get anything else from the NVC? And then once my junk is mailed to the Rio Consulate, what happens there? I'm blinded from this point on. What does the Consulate mail me or my husband? What will I need to send them? Ok, thanks for you help.

CLICK ---->Andrea & Roberto da Silva ~ April 26, 2006 Jaboatao, Brasil

View our Timeline HERE

ON VALENTINE'S DAY, I BROUGHT MY HUSBAND, ROBERTO, HOME! IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!

Timeline
Ok, so we don't need to fill out the DS-2001. But what exactly is in which packet and where does it come from? NVC and/or Rio Consulate? I have everything together that NVC will need. I-864, DS230, and all the documents they want proof of etc..I know i can email NVC for choice of agent, so after all that...will I get anything else from the NVC? And then once my junk is mailed to the Rio Consulate, what happens there? I'm blinded from this point on. What does the Consulate mail me or my husband? What will I need to send them? Ok, thanks for you help.

Well, our CR-1 case has already been received by the consulate in Rio, as of Friday. While it was at the NVC, we mailed in the I-864, the DS-230 (part I only) and the fee bill. I e-mailed the consulate and they said that the I-864 will not be requested again. This leads me to believe that all my husband is going to need to take to his interview is the police certificates, medical exam results, and all of the originals + copies of documents like birth certificates, marriage certificate, etc. Probably DS-230 Part II as well, I would imagine (the part he has to sign in front of the consular official, in order to swear he hasn't committed any terroristic acts, genocide, kidnapping, attempt to overthrow his government, etc. ). Since nobody who has gone through an IR or CR visa at the Rio consulate has come forward, I'll make sure to post exactly what was needed as soon as I find out. This should all be going straight to the beneficiary in Brazil. As soon as the petition is transferred to the consulate, the petitioner doesn't have anything else sent to her/him.

I think the packet for the interview is going to be the simplest one yet! I hope so. Gracas a deus que vem junto com a data da entrevista!!!!!!!!! I don't think I could stand having to return yet another packet before finding out that date - the day that marks the end of this craziness and saudades loucas!

So in other words, if nobody else gets back to us soon, you can just wait for my post.

One more thing - did you happen to notice on the Consulate website that as of September 15th, 2006, they are accepting requests for EARLIER interview dates for nonimmigrant visas? Apparently applicants for immigrant visas still have to suck it up and go on the designated day . . . but this does give me hope that maybe we could e-mail the consulate and might have some wiggle room for getting an earlier date. : )

Good luck with everything!

Timeline

Hi smithie,

Please let us know what you find out! I'm also on the same boat! My papers have just been processed by the NVC and will be sent to the Consulate shortly.

A friend of mine knows someone who works at the consulate on the non-immigrant department. Here is what he told her:

"When we receive the petition here, she should receive a large package of instructions for the visa with the various documents that she needs to collect. Once she has all of them, there is one form she returns to us letting us know she is ready for her interview. From the time we get that form, it is usually one month until the actual interview here - so if she were to return it immediately it would be about a month of waiting in Brazil"".

I assume this one form is the DS-2001. After they receive it and process it, they will send you the actual interview invitation with the date.

Good luck! And keep us posted!

Alix

Edited by alix

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.