Anna C.

Why as a military spouse do I have to send it to a different lockbox?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I just saw that in the instrucitons. Is there any particular reason? OR did I misunderstand?

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Because military get special preference.

2. Applications from Current or Former Members of the Military, Spouses of Current Members of the Military, and Close Relatives of Deceased Members of the Military

All naturalization applications filed under the military provisions, sections 328 or 329 of the INA, must send your application to the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) regardless of where you live and whether you are filing from within the United States or abroad. If you are the spouse of a current member of the military, or are the close relative of a deceased family member (319(d)), send your application for naturalization to the NSC regardless of where you live and whether you are filing from the within the United States or abroad. Send your application to:

Nebraska Service Center

P.O. Box 87426

Lincoln, NE 68501-7426

For Express Mail or courier deliveries, use the following address:

Nebraska Service Center

850 S. Street

Lincoln, NE 68508

edit to add the link to USCIS - N400 http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

i still dont see how military get special preference.i dont really see anything moving forwards faster for me then anybody else.i'm still waitiing on my FP letter. :whistle:

11/12/11.....N400 send to Nebraska service center

11/14/11.....N400 delivered to NE

11/21/11.....Check cashed

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/13/11......got text and email about biometric letter being send out

12/17/11.......got biometric letter in the mail(appointment date dec 28th)

12/19/11.....did early walk in FP

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

Filed: Timeline

i still dont see how military get special preference.i dont really see anything moving forwards faster for me then anybody else.i'm still waitiing on my FP letter. :whistle:

You need to file in a different location because its the special privilege of the military personnel and their family to get naturalized quickly. Your citizenship application will be processed definitely faster than the others who are applying through the general way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Can comprehend Anna's point of view, she still had to send in the 680 bucks, right? Living on a base, all the locals try to screw you blind. And can play hell trying to get your VA benefits, no one gives a damn if you spent six years of your life in harms way protecting your country. Ha, got the feeling it would be cheaper for them if I was dead.

Compared to three years ago, guess the USCIS is not as busy now, running a heck of a lot faster. But that special lockbox looks good on paper, think the dates still play a very important role as when the certificate can be issued. But correct me on this.

Having a VA card is worthless for getting an additional 10% off a motel or car rental, tell you they are giving you the lowest price, just like anyone else. Only one that really benefits from the sacrifices our young have made are the politicians. Most of them avoided the draft when we had it and are getting huge benefits from lying when in office. This is the way I see it from reality and experience.

• 10 months later...

Is this special address only for Naturalization? Or does this apply for AOS (I 131 & I 485) too?

ROC Time line

Dec 18 Package sent

Dec 19 Package received at VSC

Dec 23 Checks cleared

Dec 27 NOA1 received- Dated 12/23/2014

April 2- Biometrics completed

August 24- Update from USICS "My card is being produced"

September 3- Green Card in Hand!

AOS Time line
Nov 5- Medical evaluation with Civil Surgeon. TB skin test & Blood test administered
Nov 7- Medically cleared. I 693 form sign and sealed
Day 0 Nov 9- AOS Package delivered to Chicago. Signed by S. Bush at 10:26 C.T
Day 5 Nov 14- Email/ text notifications received at 21:17 C.T (Official receipt notice Form I 797 to follow in mail)
Day 7 Nov 16- Checks cleared
Day10 Nov 19- I- 797C (for I 130, I 485, I 131 & I 765) Received in hard copy mail
Day 17 Nov 26- I- 797C (for Biometrics appointment) Received in hard copy mail
Day 19 Nov 28- Walk-in Biometrics attempt: Successful. Lubbock, TX ASC. 1000-1013
Day 71 Jan 19- I- 797C Interview appointment letter. Feb 19 at local USCIS field office
Day 77 Jan 29- EAD/AP combo card received. DPS unable to issue renewal or license. S.A.V.E verification required
Day 91 Feb 12- DL renewed. Applied for SSN - pending S.A.V.E verification
Day 98 Feb 19- AOS interview & approval !!!!!!!
Day 108 March 1- Green Card in Hand!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a military spouse and I have my citizenship interview in 2 days. I have been a LPR for over 5 years and I applied under that circumstance, opposed to military as my husband is not currently deployed or deploying. However, after submission to the Texas lock box I was forwarded to Nebraska and my case has been super fast at the local office level. I spent a week in line for interview where as others have Been waiting months. I suppose this is the "special treatment", although I did not ask for or.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.