10 posts in this topic

I resided in Nigeria; I went for an interview on the Aug. 20,2011at US embassy in Lagos. After the interview the CO gave me a document which states that I have been found ineligible under section 221(g) that I have not provided sufficient documentation

It stated that I should bring the following document : proof of correspondence throughout the relationship like letters, emails, and US phone records for the past six months, provided all availlable The CO said I should e-mail if am ready and I have send the mail and the scheduled my appointment for October 25, 2011.

Additional proof of relationship with the petitioner includes but not limited to photographs, correspondence, post marked letters, emails, etc all over a period of several years.

My petitioner (my wife) has gotten me all the phone records but no callings cards because she used to buy it with cash, I have some emails and one post marked letter, have all her boarding passes when she visited me in Nigeria and she said they dont stanp her passport. I really don’t know what else they need to ask from me

I need someone who have been through the same process or who can help me with any other documents that I might need or to enlighten me on the process and what can still be done from now to meet up for the next two months before my interview in October.

Thanking you all in advance for sharing your experience.

I resided in Nigeria; I went for an interview on the Aug. 20,2011at US embassy in Lagos. After the interview the CO gave me a document which states that I have been found ineligible under section 221(g) that I have not provided sufficient documentation

It stated that I should bring the following document : proof of correspondence throughout the relationship like letters, emails, and US phone records for the past six months, provided all availlable The CO said I should e-mail if am ready and I have send the mail and the scheduled my appointment for October 25, 2011.

Additional proof of relationship with the petitioner includes but not limited to photographs, correspondence, post marked letters, emails, etc all over a period of several years.

My petitioner (my wife) has gotten me all the phone records but no callings cards because she used to buy it with cash, I have some emails and one post marked letter, have all her boarding passes when she visited me in Nigeria and she said they dont stanp her passport. I really don’t know what else they need to ask from me

I need someone who have been through the same process or who can help me with any other documents that I might need or to enlighten me on the process and what can still be done from now to meet up for the next two months before my interview in October.

Welcome. I think it would be wise to first share the documents you initially submitted during your first interview. This will enable us know what's missing if any and what additional information may be required. What does your wife mean by her passports wasn't stamped? Every passport gets an exit/entry stamp at the point of arrival and departure.

Call records showing the destination number is usually advisable these days. Wish you luck as you go about gathering the requested documentation.

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

If your wife Nigerian ? Otherwise they would have stamped her passport, Does she have the flight data from the airlines

Nigeriaorbust: EVERYBODY gets a stamp {"SOA" & "SOD"} on their passports when they arrive or depart. The flight information you mentioned may be difficult to use when she has no immigration stamp to show that she actually arrived and departed the country in question. I pray this is not the case.

'

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

At least you have a chance of obtaining that visa. So get to it my friend.

Have your wife send you all the phone records, emails and pictures and so on copied and ready. Even receipts of Western Union has been suggested in some of the posts here.

Her passport has to be stamped going into and leaving Nigeria. There is no such thing that it was not stamped. Hotel receipts and boarding passes etc.

Notarized letters from family and friends stating their knowledge of your ongoing relationship and the duration of this relationship.

Better yet have her come down to Nigeria with all documents they asked for have them ready and when you go in for your interview have her accompany you on that day. This will make the case stronger and your changes of getting that visa better.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nigeriaorbust: EVERYBODY gets a stamp {"SOA" & "SOD"} on their passports when they arrive or depart. The flight information you mentioned may be difficult to use when she has no immigration stamp to show that she actually arrived and departed the country in question. I pray this is not the case.

'

The OP said the wives passport hadn't been stamped, and I know immigration inspection is laxer for Nigerians than other so most probably if there is no stamp she is Nigerian

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Welcome. I think it would be wise to first share the documents you initially submitted during your first interview. This will enable us know what's missing if any and what additional information may be required. What does your wife mean by her passports wasn't stamped? Every passport gets an exit/entry stamp at the point of arrival and departure.

Call records showing the destination number is usually advisable these days. Wish you luck as you go about gathering the requested documentation.

Thank you for your response,When i went for the interview, the CO just asked for the call records and photos but did not asked for other documents, i did the photo copies but without the logo of the company on it,and photos. He asked how do we communicated mostly and i said through phone. He said i should bring the call records with logos on it for the past six months to the next interview. My wife's Nigerian passport was stamped she will scan and e-mail the stamped page to me.

If your wife Nigerian ? Otherwise they would have stamped her passport, Does she have the flight data from the airlines

They did stamp her passport and she has the flight data from the airline.

Thanks for your concerns.

At least you have a chance of obtaining that visa. So get to it my friend.

Have your wife send you all the phone records, emails and pictures and so on copied and ready. Even receipts of Western Union has been suggested in some of the posts here.

Her passport has to be stamped going into and leaving Nigeria. There is no such thing that it was not stamped. Hotel receipts and boarding passes etc.

Notarized letters from family and friends stating their knowledge of your ongoing relationship and the duration of this relationship.

Better yet have her come down to Nigeria with all documents they asked for have them ready and when you go in for your interview have her accompany you on that day. This will make the case stronger and your changes of getting that visa better.

Good luck!

[/quot

The passport was stamp.If i may ask, what is a notarized letters? and the contents?. Though she cant make it to the interview because she was here between May and June this year.Because they wont give her chance again in her work place.

Thank you very much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.