rushter

Bizarre Interview in Atlanta? Or?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Denver does not stamp, I do not know about Atlanta.

Sounded an OK interview to me.

You're right. It was an OK interview.

Easy actually. But dang it.... no feedback is a killer. I guess they know that too.

Which is why I feel like that's the house on haunted hill.

rotflmao.

Yes Red Foreman, call me a dumbass

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It sounds like you were approved and that she was telling you about getting your welcome letter and green card in the mail. I didn't enjoy my interview in Atlanta back in August and am not sure if we are approved or not since we got an RFE at the interview. Sounds like you did okay though so I would be happy if I were you. I do think that the people working at these places need to realise they are playing with peoples lives here and have a little feeling for that rather than being from out of space.

Debby

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage : 2003-12-27

I-130 Sent : 2004-01-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-01-20

I-129F Sent : 2004-02-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2004-02-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2004-07-24

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2004-08-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2004-09-23

Packet 4 Received : 2004-10-01

Interview Date : 2004-10-27 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2004-10-27

US Entry : 2004-11-03

I-130 Approval :

Point of Entry Review

Event Date

Point of Entry : Atlanta

POE Date : 2004-11-03

Got EAD Stamp :

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : They were really nice at Hartsfield airport when I arrived. The lines were long and the process took a while but there were no hassles.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Atlanta GA

Date Filed : 2005-01-23

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2005-03-18

Interview Date : 2006-08-01 Submit Review

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Timeline

Thanks a lot. I'll tell you, based on what I saw in this officer's cubicle, she was in AOS hell (I really felt for this situation trying to put myself in her shoes).

I really can't fault her. She was doing her job. Even my wife said she was very 'official', like people in Russia would be and that she thought everything was fine.

It was just me that had this really crummy gut feeling about the whole mess.. My wife's been in a good mood ever since we left there... but of course I'm translating body language in politically correct tones too. Considering the expense of filing for this voluntary suicidal-rectal examination, I too would like to think that there would be some reasonable response and at least some kind of 'feel good' about yourself someplace.

Guess that mr feel good wasn't to be had today.

All in all, I cannot fault uscis, the consulate in moscow, the office in atlanta... none of it. Everything has gone amazingly fast even though we filed for AOS a year late.

On a more personal note, getting to this point is the one thing I have been dreading ever since June 2002 after I came back from Russia the first time to find out my business had virtually burned down in less than 10 days. Got it all built back - almost, but it's taken a long time... The one constant that I've found I could trust was open and honest opinions from folks here at vj.

Prayer worked too.

Thanks so much.

Thanks for the responses. I have spent many many hours combing the internet and this site for interview experiences and I've yet to find anything coming out of the Atlanta (Dunwoody) office that resembles this.

And that's what I was thinking as I'd heard of that before... no 551 stamp after a successful interview.

We weren't even in the least bit nervous - the second we entered her cubicle, all I could think was "damn, your office looks just like mine with all the folders and ####### on the floor!". I even tried to make small talk but it was totally ignored. It was if I was being interviewed by a computer. Then again the HAL2000 would've given a more enlightening interview.

This lady's office was STACKED with thick immigration files from many different people. Hey if you wanna know where your case is... just go digging through the piles of folders in this place! :hehe:

I just don't know. I'm not depressed or frustrated or anything, but I am kind-of in an 'alert mode'....

Mine was approved last week but they did not put stamp in my passport. Try to check your status online at the website of the uscis. :yes:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

No there was no stamp, but the guy who interviewed us looked like a larger version of the guy from the enzyte commercials...you know...Bob? Very friendly and chuckling while looking at the pictures with Bob's smile, he had a fascination with photos. He came back after making copies of everything and stamped "Approved" all over the paperwork. AFter sitting there speachless with my wife, he was rather concerned of our lack of enthusiasm. I told him as he was still signing everything "Trust me, we are smiling, just speechless at the moment." Then he proceeded to congratulate my wife and welcomed her to America and also shook my hand.

That was it. Oh and then on the way out, the security guard with a smile on his face yelped "You got it?!!" Of course that made me and my wife smile a little more as we said "oh yeah!" and said congratulations as we took the escalator down.

All in all, just another good day in Chicago! :thumbs:

Edited by flipicaneze

Timeline

Can I trade interviews with you? I'll give ya a hundred bucks.

Man that sounds like a fifth avenue block party compared to mine!

Cheers and thanks for your insight!

(I know Bob from Enzyte! That's me when I'm not being interviewed by the USCIS - ROTFLMAO! I love your write up!).

Edited by rushter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

wow..that had to be horrible..I am pretty strong person and have my emotions under control but I know my nervs were a wreck this morning.And him being so pleasant really helped me relax a little bit.Sorry I hear you run into a b****.Thats what I was worry about - that our interview person might be or simply in a bad bood and that they will take it out on us.

But you made it - CONGRATS to both!!!

:-)

05/04/2009 - 10 year Green Card arrived!

11/4/2011 - N 400 Sent to Dallas Office

11/20/2011 - NOA Arrived

11/26/2012 - Biometrics Appointment

12/12/2011 - Interview Letter

01/12/2012 - Interview Completed

--/--/---- - Oath Letter

02/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

" I have had dreams, and I've had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams"

Timeline
Mine was approved last week but they did not put stamp in my passport. Try to check your status online at the website of the uscis.

That was the only single comforting thing I figured out tonight from folks responding to this thread that worked for me - besides the fact that they (the wonderful Ms Data) didn't tell us anything disastrous.

:P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sounds like an approval to me but let us know as soon as you know. :yes:

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.