calidreamer80

4 months left....

5 posts in this topic

Fiance got in touch with the Montreal consulate today...

He was told I'm on a waiting list for my interview and it will take 4 months. The earliest I will have my interview will be January unless I am somehow moved up on the waiting list. This is crazy! Are there really that many people from the eastern half of Canada wanting to immigrate on a fiance visa to the US? :no: I think they just like to drag their feet is what I think. Oh well. My fiance is going to visit next month and I'm going to get my medical and police check taken care of. I just pray that it is not 4 months. That's too damn long and by then it will have been a full damn year waiting for this to all get sorted out. Meanwhile...others are let in within a matter of months. :whistle:

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: Timeline

Four months will fly by, especially when you're consumed with gathering up all your stuff. I suggest you use the time to double, triple, and quadruple check every checklist, every form, every everything, and make multiple copies of everything. Have it all in the correct order, too; at our interview they asked for the documents in the order they appeared on the checklist. Helps things go faster if you don't have to hunt.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would be upset if I were in your shoes. You filed the petition back in January. Now you are being told that maybe next January you will have your interview. I guess there is nothing else you can really do but wait. At least you are seeing each other in the mean time. Keep your spirits up, and hopefully in the future you will look back and appreciate what your love had to survive.

March 29, 2006: mailed the I-129f form after getting all the documents translated and prepared

April 07, 2006: NOA-1

June 30, 2006: IMBRA RFE received by me

July 07, 2006: IMBRA RFE received by CSC

Aug 01, 2006: NOA-2

Aug 15, 2006: receipt from NVC stating they have the approved petition

Aug 25, 2006: email from US Embassy in Moscow, interview scheduled for Oct 16 @ 8:00 am

Sep 29, 2006: packet 3 finally received at old address even though we notified the NVC and Moscow Embassy of the new address.

October 16, 2006: Interview She passed

October 26, 2006: Arrival Date in the United States

November 09, 2006: Married

January 01, 2007: Moved from Florida to Kansas City (job related, not by choice)

January 12, 2007: Mailed paperwork for AOS, EAD, travel

January 18, 2007: Chicago received petitions

February 06, 2007: Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

4 months is a lot, but you must keep in mind that it's not just a wait list for fiance visa, but for all immigration visas, usually. And maybe you'll get moved up the list and get an interview date sooner.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
Fiance got in touch with the Montreal consulate today...

He was told I'm on a waiting list for my interview and it will take 4 months. The earliest I will have my interview will be January unless I am somehow moved up on the waiting list. This is crazy! Are there really that many people from the eastern half of Canada wanting to immigrate on a fiance visa to the US? :no: I think they just like to drag their feet is what I think. Oh well. My fiance is going to visit next month and I'm going to get my medical and police check taken care of. I just pray that it is not 4 months. That's too damn long and by then it will have been a full damn year waiting for this to all get sorted out. Meanwhile...others are let in within a matter of months. :whistle:

Oh Sarah I am so sorry to hear this, I hate that it is taking so long to get your interveiw, it just does not seem fair , does it. At least your fiance can come and visit, that is one good thing about the whole situation, I guess you are just going to have to look at the positive sides. I am wishing you the best, and hopefully your interview will get moved up *hugs*

Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.