jen1217

what if something happen to the petitioner what then?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

kinda creapy to bring up u think....

Oh that's hilarious! :lol:

Because I was going to joke that she was planning to kill her husband, but here someone actually took the opportunity to make a personal attack for real. Sure, creepy. Just like everyone who asks about life insurance is creepy. This is a lesson in looking for an angle to attack someone for normal behavior.

Look, I can bump this guy off for ya, hon. Do you want him to suffer, or do you want me to get it over with quick? :P

Edited by rlogan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Agreed, also a "benefit" to be able to immigrate to the US if something happened to me. That is one reason why we chose the IR1 route, so she'd have that option as a "final gift" from me if something did happen. The option to immigrate would be hers as my wife has grown to know my family and actually has 2 families now. Yes it would be morbid to think this way but it is a real possibility and thus the gift of opportunity would be hers.

Bob

The only reason it's creepy to me, in my situation: If I died, my fiance would not want to come to the US. He's coming to be with me, not to come to America. That's kind of what these visas are for. I realize that we are lucky in that his current situation is not one surrounded by poverty or corruption, but it just sounds strange at first glance! But I understand if someone you love wants to give you this "gift" if your life back home is unpleasant.

34e24bq.jpg

AOS Journey

Date Filed: 12-12-2011

NOA Date: 12-15-2011

Biometrics: 1-20-2012

Transfer: 1-13-2012

Congressional inquiry made: 7-26-2012

Approval!: 8-01-2012

Currently: BLISSFUL NOTHINGNESS!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

hello VJer's another question in mind and would want to know the answer i hope i could get one lol!

I just want to know what if something happen to the petitioner during the process of petitioning a spouse or fiance', like for example if he got sick and need to retire or something like that or in worse case scenario i hope not the petitioner died, what then? is the petition for spouse or fiance still push through? is the wife have the right to whatever left by her husband or is the marriage here in the Philippines acknowledged by the US govt.? thanks hope i to hear from you guys.

The answer is different depending on what SOMETHING happens. You have the correct answer if the petitioner dies. Sickness or retirement would be different issues and the answers would depend on the specifics.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

hello VJer's another question in mind and would want to know the answer i hope i could get one lol!

I just want to know what if something happen to the petitioner during the process of petitioning a spouse or fiance', like for example if he got sick and need to retire or something like that or in worse case scenario i hope not the petitioner died, what then? is the petition for spouse or fiance still push through? is the wife have the right to whatever left by her husband or is the marriage here in the Philippines acknowledged by the US govt.? thanks hope i to hear from you guys.

it depends on whether you have just taken out a large life insurance policy on the person or not??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.