Yura&Ira

where does your APPROVED I-129F go?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My I-129F was approved last week (Aug 15th) by the VSC. I called the customer service number on the I-797 and spoke to a customer service agent who told me that now approved I-129Fs are sent directly to the listed consulate and NOT to the NVC! When I told him that I thought that the case first goes to the NVC and then to the cvonsulate he told me that that is still the case with I-130s, but NOT with I-129Fs!

Does any one have any other information relating to this? I would like to narrow down the timeline as to when my fiancee should expect to hear from the consulate in Moscow. The agent said that she should hear within a month...which is an eternity...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

They always say a month, I think it was about that in China. USSR, unknown. It seem their system has been slow. September the end of the fiscal year.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

My I-129F was approved last week (Aug 15th) by the VSC. I called the customer service number on the I-797 and spoke to a customer service agent who told me that now approved I-129Fs are sent directly to the listed consulate and NOT to the NVC! When I told him that I thought that the case first goes to the NVC and then to the cvonsulate he told me that that is still the case with I-130s, but NOT with I-129Fs!

Does any one have any other information relating to this? I would like to narrow down the timeline as to when my fiancee should expect to hear from the consulate in Moscow. The agent said that she should hear within a month...which is an eternity...

Everyone's petition goes to NVC. All approval letters say that the approved petition will be sent to the listed consulate but they ALL go through NVC first. At NVC the case is put into the system and a new case number is generated (this is the case number you will use for the rest of the process).

Call NVC at 603-334-0700 press 1 for english and press 5 to speak to a representative. They will be able to tell you when they received your petition, your new case number and when they ship out your petition to the consulate.

Normal processing times is anywhere from 2 days to weeks (some cases go through additional processing- don't know how that is picked). We were approved the 11th , NVC received the 18th and was shipped to consulate on the 19th (pretty quick and easy for us).

Edited by Angela & Tony

AOS Journey

6.25.2014 Sent off I-130 and I-485 (Day 0)

6.27.2014 Package Delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Day 02)

7.2.2014 Text Messages/Emails Received (Day 07)

7.7.2014 NOA1 Recv'd w/ June 30th Priority Date (Day 12)

7.12.2014 Recv'd Biometrics Appt Letter for 7.25.2014 (17)

7.14.2014 Early Biometrics Walk-In (Bronx ASC- gave us hard time and made us wait an hour and a half just to receive a number but we got it done) (Day 19)

7.29.2014 Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (no text or email notification) (Day 34)

8.28.2014 Received Text/Email "Card/Document Production" (Day 64 (Day 59 from Priority Date))

9.5.2014 Received Text/Email that EAD card has been mailed (Day 72 (Day 67 from PD))

9.8.2014 EAD Card received!! (Day 75 (Day 70 from PD))

9.12.2014 Applied for SSN (Day 79 (Day 74 from PD))

9.18.2014 Received SSN (Day 85 (Day 80 from PD))

10.08.2014 Received Interview Date for Nov 14th!! (Day 105 (Day 100 from PD))

11.14.2014 Interview Date!!! (Day 142 (Day 137 from PD))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Though it does go to the NVC they usually don't have to do anything additional with it besides forwarding it to the consulate. Keep calling the NVC to see if they have received your packet. They will then give you a new # to give to your embassy. It takes around 2 weeks for it to go from USCIS to the NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

my notification said: "The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate", which was confirmed by the customer service agent.

Mine said the same thing, although there was no consulate listed. Then i called and was told it went right to the conulate in China! It went to the NVC.

Now,just to show ou just how bad the VSC is, I sent them an email about my 129f about a month ago.Today, i received an email back, dated yesterday, that my petition was still at VSC! So, of course, i call the NVC right away and they say they sent my application to China on Aug 9TH.

So, the VSC is telling people the wrong information. What can we do about it?....todd

"life is a journey"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Actually, each embassy is different. With Russian Embassy:

1) DO NOT WAIT FOR MAIL FROM RUSSIAN EMBASSY! IT WILL NOT COME.

2) About 3 weeks after NOA2 e-mail russian embassy and ask for interview date. Our packet never arrived. I suspect they do not send it anymore. Neither do you need it. Just follow instructions for K1 on the US embassy page in Moscow!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.