Dad&nick

sent in AOS with i-864 but NVC wants a i-864w

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

HELLO all i need help regarding an email i recieved today i sent in my AOS with the I-864 and i recieved an email saying they need a I-864W

THIS IS THE CHECK LIST THEY SENT IN THE EMAIL

Checklist for I-864W (filed by ******, ****** CARLO )

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is

required to complete the financial evidence review. The checklist below indicates missing or

incomplete documents. In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. You will need to complete and submit the new form, completely

filled out, which includes the changes noted below. Please provide all requested documents and

refer to page two for mailing instructions.

[x] Nicholas John ****** (intending immigrant) must complete and submit an I-864W.

[x] This form must be completed by typewriter or in blue or black ink.

[A3M 08/19/2011] SYD2011680001

HERE ARE A FEW QUESTION I HAVE ALSO

(1) DO i have to send in all the info i sent in with the first I-864 ?

(2) why are they asking for this I-864W form

(3) what is this form for ?????

thanks for you help!!!

(2)

You shouldn't need to send in anything besides the I-864W and the barcode for the AOS found on the payment portal.

The I-864W is filled out for intending immigrants that are children meeting the requirements of the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 (CCA).

Info on the I-864W: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3198.html

Info on the CCA: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1312.html

Filed: Timeline

i should add im a US citizen and my son is 14 YO

I seems silly that you have to send in an I-864w when you've already filed an I-864.

Under the Child Citizenship Act, your child will immediately gain citizenship when he immigrates to the US to live with you.

The I-864w is for a beneficiary who would become a US citizen upon admission to the US as a legal permanent resident. Your son would arrive in the US on am immigration visa which upon entry entitles him to legal permanent residency which entitles him to US citizenship under the CCA which terminates his legal permanent residency status since he would be a US citizen. (DAMN! - Technical application of the luck can be confusing). The I-864w obligation ends upon US citizenship.

Just send in the I-864w. It doesn't make sense to me why they can't use the I-864. Better to just comply than question the wisdom or lack thereof of the NVC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

thanks for the speedy reply i wish i knew i only needed the I-684W when i went to the USCIS IN PORTLAND,ME the lady at the counter gave ME THE I-864 form ive been waiting weeks for my tax transpript and i didnt need them???

so basicly they just need the I 684W AND HIS all set for his interview im hoping for a christmas with him here in the states !!

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You shouldn't need to send in anything besides the I-864W and the barcode for the AOS found on the payment portal.

The I-864W is filled out for intending immigrants that are children meeting the requirements of the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 (CCA).

Info on the I-864W: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3198.html

Info on the CCA: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1312.html

One which question . My daughter was born before i became a US Citizen , Do i need to fill out I-864W along with the I-864 when submitting my AOS documents

One which question . My daughter was born before i became a US Citizen , Do i need to fill out I-864W along with the I-864 when submitting my AOS documents

Not sure. I don't know much about the I-864W.

• 3 months later...

Guys I'm so happy to be reading this thread! We just received an email from NVC awhile ago for our son's IR2 visa application and we were told to submit I-864w. My husband and I were so confused about what to do for we thought we submitted everything necessary for the AOS. At least now we have an idea about what this is about though we might be having further questions in the future. thanks a lot everyone

ScreenShot2012-06-15at91431AM.png

I think your daughter is qualified for the child citizenship act as it is also written in one of the conditions that a child qualifies if a parent is either citizen born in the US or naturalized citizen. I just read the link posted above. It applies for us too since my husband is a naturalized citizen and we got I-864w from nvc today for our sons ir2 visa application. :-)

ScreenShot2012-06-15at91431AM.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.