Gary and Alla

Miscellaneous topics all in one!

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok so I saw an ad for "ooma" telephone system that advertises free phone calls anywhere in the world. Has anyone tried this or used it? It seems to be some sort of VOIP systems, which is fine. We make most of our overseas calls from home and this would save us quite a bit of money. We have high speed cable internet.

I had a great time with Sergey at a minor league ballgame Thursday night. If you have a minor league team in your area, check it out. Good baseball and usually very cheap. Best seats in the house were $8. 1st row behind home plate. Take your wife, fiancee or kids. It was a great evening for little expense.

Sergey and I are going to Ukraine Tuesday, tomorrow is our last Sunday, he had his last day at work today and we are going shooting tomorrow, he chose skeet shooting for tomorrow! He had his choice of activities for tomorrow and chose shooting! :D He liked shoooting all the guns which seemed to be a marathon of shooting all of them, just to experiment I suppose, but he says skeet is the most interesting. Moving targets that break are more satisfying than paper that you have to look through a little telescope to see the holes

We had a great summer, Alla has been having fun in Donetsk but it has been very hot. It rained today and cooled a bit but the flat is still very hot she says. Pasha has been hanging out with TWO, count 'em TWO, hot girls (for 16 year olds, OK, did I say that out loud? He's 16) They think he is the Superstar from Ukraine/USA :lol:

The MIL is more agreeable to the idea of coming to the USA after Alla is a citizen. I think those stairs up to the flat are getting steeper as she gets older. Alla told her we have a room for her above the garage that would be quiet and she would love to be near the grandchildren, or at least one of them until Sergey finishes college. Alla is getting more and more nervous about her health and worries that she will not be able to live alone. I think she has a few more years before that, but who knows? She was pleased to see Pasha so grown up and able to care for himself. Sergey, on the other hand is completely helpless and will die of stravation in 3 weeks if someone does not prepare food for him. He will have to get married soon after he loses his cafeteria privileges at the University

3 years ago she wouldn't consider visiting

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I'm assuming you are calling a cell phone and she has no internet access?

Otherwise with internet access it is obviously free and usually dirt cheap to a land line.

With Metro PCS you can call unlimited to a cell phone for $10 a month (it was $5/month for people that joined about a year ago).

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

I'm assuming you are calling a cell phone and she has no internet access?

Otherwise with internet access it is obviously free and usually dirt cheap to a land line.

With Metro PCS you can call unlimited to a cell phone for $10 a month (it was $5/month for people that joined about a year ago).

Correct. We use a cell phone and she does not have internet access (actually she does but does not use a computer) For our son we generally use Skype. For my MIL we call either her landline home phone or her cell phone. We currently use a calling card.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Moving targets that break are more satisfying than paper that you have to look through a little telescope to see the holes
If the offer is still open, I can send you some of my ties, and you can hang them outside where they'll move around in the breeze, see man.
He's 16
Sixteen will get him 20, si man.
He will have to get married soon after he loses his cafeteria privileges at the University
For many years, I had my own personal chef... Boy-Ar-Dee, man. :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The MIL is more agreeable to the idea of coming to the USA after Alla is a citizen. 3 years ago she wouldn't consider visiting

My MIL was able to get a tourist visa to be here for our wedding. We wound up marrying earlier but she came for the two weeks anyway. She was of the mindset that things were not that good in the USA, probably believed all the negative stories/propaganda that was and maybe still is on their state-run media. She was very surprised by what she found here! Now she can't wait to come back! :rofl:

Timeline

For little kids, minor league games are especially good. They have all sorts of activities and special promotions.

You bet. They have a lot of activity between innings, everything from ice cream eating contests, relay races, the crazy "Champ" the lake monster mascot. Plus the games tend to be a little more action packed than big-league games

Sergey shot 4 rounds of skeet today and did quite well. We shot two rounds, then grilled up some burgers to share with some of the other club guys and then shot two more rounds. It was a good day. We will pack up tomorrow and fly out for Moscow/Donetsk Tuesday.

Alla was jealous when I told her we went shooting again and said to save her "some bullets" for when she gets back

Gary And Alla

Timeline
We will pack up tomorrow and fly out for Moscow/Donetsk Tuesday.
Good trip, si man. Prove your worldwide value by educating the clueless about "wedgies" and their solemn significance, si man.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

If the offer is still open, I can send you some of my ties, and you can hang them outside where they'll move around in the breeze, see man.Sixteen will get him 20, si man.For many years, I had my own personal chef... Boy-Ar-Dee, man. :thumbs:

16 is legal here in Alaska....just sayin is all.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Well Gary, enjoy your time in the land of milk and honey!!!! I plan on going back in October. This time I might be visiting Donetsk. :thumbs: Oh, stop at any sports store and get the EuroCup 2012 shirt. They already have them on sale. Addidas is a little pricey, but they are selling the same shirt at the markets. I am thinking about going to EuroCup in Odessa next year. :dance:

You bet. They have a lot of activity between innings, everything from ice cream eating contests, relay races, the crazy "Champ" the lake monster mascot. Plus the games tend to be a little more action packed than big-league games.

Sergey shot 4 rounds of skeet today and did quite well. We shot two rounds, then grilled up some burgers to share with some of the other club guys and then shot two more rounds. It was a good day. We will pack up tomorrow and fly out for Moscow/Donetsk Tuesday.

Alla was jealous when I told her we went shooting again and said to save her "some bullets" for when she gets back

Have a great and safe trip!

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

If you have a minor league team in your area, check it out. Good baseball and usually very cheap. Best seats in the house were $8. 1st row behind home plate. Take your wife, fiancee or kids.

My wife HATES baseball. She took a cab home from the last game we went to. Got up right in the middle of an at bat and just walked out. Didn't say where she was going, what she was doing, nothin. Just left.

Moving targets that break are more satisfying than paper that you have to look through a little telescope to see the holes

... until you put tannerite behind them!

And next time you guys are out, set up some balloons or something reactive like that to burst. It's a lot more fun to shoot reactive rifle targets as well.

Pasha has been hanging out with TWO, count 'em TWO, hot girls (for 16 year olds, OK, did I say that out loud? He's 16) They think he is the Superstar from Ukraine/USA :lol:

Way to go, Pasha!

She was pleased to see Pasha so grown up and able to care for himself. Sergey, on the other hand is completely helpless and will die of stravation in 3 weeks if someone does not prepare food for him. He will have to get married soon after he loses his cafeteria privileges at the University

Good for both of them!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
16 is legal here in Alaska....just sayin is all.
Then 15 will get you 30, ufff man. Or the Clap, or the Syph, ooze man... Edited by TBoneTX

Timeline

Well Gary, enjoy your time in the land of milk and honey!!!! I plan on going back in October. This time I might be visiting Donetsk. :thumbs: Oh, stop at any sports store and get the EuroCup 2012 shirt. They already have them on sale. Addidas is a little pricey, but they are selling the same shirt at the markets. I am thinking about going to EuroCup in Odessa next year. :dance:

Donetsk is also a host city for the Eurocup 2012. Since I am already married to a hot Ukrainiette the land of milk and honey is HERE! I imported the milk and honey! :lol: 'Course, right now she is over there. I very much enjoy visiting Ukraine, I will have a good time I am sure and will not look at any other women. :whistle:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.