7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I still remember posting in these forums about a year ago; confused with a little hope of passing such a milestone. For those who aren't familiar with my situation, here's the link to my previous postings and discussions: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/270937-what-to-expect-while-in-removal-proceedings-help-needed/

My wife and I had our interview on 08/15/2011 at the local Minneapolis/St Paul office. Like anyone else, we were confused, worried and prepared as much as we could. We gathered all the evidence including pictures of our wedding, our daughter, my parents, her parents hence we had three scrapbooks full of photos proving our relationship that started almost 4 years ago. The copies of our leases, utility bills, birth certificates, wedding invitation, common club memberships, pay stubs, jointly filed taxes, employment letters, copies of passports and I-94, driving licenses were some of the documents we came up with. Well, we reached the USCIS office along with our 10 months old daughter about 30 minutes earlier and once again started to prepare for the expected/unexpected questions. After waiting in the lobby for around 25 minutes, an officer called my name. Guess what? the total time I spent in his office was less than 30 minutes, out of which he talked to me for barely 10 minutes and kept going through my file/documents for the rest of the time. The questions were simple for e.g. my full name, my DOB, my parents name, school that I attended in US and major and the common questions like if I had been involved in any illegal activities. At the end, he inquired about my translated birth certificate since he could not find one in my file. My attorney (that I got rid of in March 2011) was supposed to file the birth certificate with all the other documents but I guess he did not. The officer told me to furnish a copy of my translated birth certificate the same day and also asked me to fill out a new G-325A form. According to him if I fax him the required documents the same day, he would approve my case right away. I was amazed that he didn't even interview my wife at all who was waiting for her turn in the lobby. The reason was that since we had already been interviewed for I-130, there was no need for another interview. I faxed him the required documents and got an approval letter yesterday (08/17/2011)

I am not sure when I'll receieve my GC but I feel so relieved now. I think my interview couldn't be easier.

I would also like to thank everyone who supported and helped me here. Last question, any idea when would I receieve my GC?

Filed: Timeline

Thank you so much for coming back to share your story. I'm very happy for you that it worked out.

Out of curiosity, is your wife the same "race" as you? Don't take this the wrong way; it's just that the burden of proof seems to be higher if couples are of different races or religions. I'm curious if that is the case here.

Best of luck.

Edited by CC90

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

wow...cant get easier than that....very happy for you both!

odjxjv.png

Dina and Craig's timeline:

08-27-2010 Met through a mutual friend

04-17-2011 Married

08-01-2011 AOS Packet sent (I-130,I-485,I-765) via USPS Priority mail

08-03-2011 Package delivered via USPS tracking

08-08-2011 Received Text/Email that all 3 apps were accepted/Checks cashed

09-06-2011 Biometrics Appt. in Philly

09-14-2011 RFE Sent for 485. I forgot to sign one section of the 485

09-21-2011 RFE Mailed back to USCIS

10-14-2011 Card production of EAD ordered

10-17-2011 Interview notice (I-797C) received for 11-16-2011

10-22-2011 EAD Card received

11-16-2011 APPROVED. Card Ordered, Passport Stamped.

Timeline

Thank you so much for coming back to share your story. I'm very happy for you that it worked out.

Out of curiosity, is your wife the same "race" as you? Don't take this the wrong way; it's just that the burden of proof seems to be higher if couples are of different races or religions. I'm curious if that is the case here.

Best of luck.

My wife is caucasian and I am from Pakistan originally. I understand your point of view :)

Timeline

I think I was flying too high :) Just got a letter from USCIS saying my Biometrics are incomplete and I need to get them done again. I do not know what the heck is wrong with them. I got my Biometrics done in May 2010, did they expire? No clue

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think I was flying too high :) Just got a letter from USCIS saying my Biometrics are incomplete and I need to get them done again. I do not know what the heck is wrong with them. I got my Biometrics done in May 2010, did they expire? No clue

I've read on some other sites that biometrics expire after 15 months, but I haven't seen any confirmation of this on the USCIS website. They do expire. Apparently, they've decided that yours have expired.

Congrats on finally getting approved! :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.