hichamslove

My husband lives in Morocco

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
post-26448-1158511466_thumb.jpgHi everyone: My husband is also from Morocco the most beautiful man i have ever met in my life, we to are having a difficult time this is a very hard and difficult process to go through our I-130 NOA was received on March 14th, 2006 and we were told it was transfered to the California Service Center we were told by USCIS that we will receive an answer by mail in 1 week they are now working on March 8th petitions, I pray that we will be approved soon. I would love to talk to other women who have husbands in Morocco the support for each other would be great. Please lets share our stories we can support each other :thumbs:post-26448-1158511466_thumb.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi, and welcome to the MENA forum. If you're doing a K3, as it says in your filed for column, you have to send an I-129F to Chicago after you receive the NOA1 for the I-130. You make no mention of that. Have you done that?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi, and welcome to the MENA forum. If you're doing a K3, as it says in your filed for column, you have to send an I-129F to Chicago after you receive the NOA1 for the I-130. You make no mention of that. Have you done that?

yes i have i was told i will receive the NOA in 1 week, both are in processing now i was told it will be a race to which one will be approved first. My husband is the most beautiful man i have ever met we are losing hope fast :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi and welcome. My name is Patti and my husband, Abderrazzak, lives in Marrakech. We received our NOA 1 about the same time as you. He has an interview scheduled for our K3 on Sept. 28th. Don't lose hope. It will happen for you soon. There are alot of wonderful people on this site that will keep you informed and entertained while you wait. Stay strong and best wishes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ahlam ladida - My husband is from Marrakech too :) We did a K1 and right now he has been in the country for almost 9 months. We are still waiting to get his AOS approved, have applied for an EAD and AP with nothing in sight. He is super gloomy right now too, missing home, disapointed things are taking so long :( He really misses his family. Anyway to the original poster - hang in there. It sucks, no matter what. We waited 8 months to finish our K1 petition, and my husband came here, it has now been 9 months we've been waiting for everything else to get finalized. It sometimes seems like it's just one hurdle after another, but don't lose hope. When you are reunited it will be amazing -I promise!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, my husband lives in Morocco too, in area of Fez (a day of traveling distiance from there, actually). We've been married for 1.5 years. Out of all that time we've spent maybe 3 weeks together. This process sucks big time! It's always something that's not working. He had an interview in February (k-3), they've sent the papers back 221(g) - no explanations, as usual. They do it to a lot of people.

Then he had another interview (CR-1 visa) that was basically a joke, not an interview! They looked at his papers and sent him home asking for ME to find out where the K-3 visa papers are! And they are the ones who have all the power, not me! They were the ones who sent the papers back!

It's been 14 months since I've filed and at this point I don't even know where his papers are (I have an idea, but no proof). So, your hopes about which visa works faster made me laugh now (sorry). I was thinking the same thing last year, but I'm not thinking that now.

Well, maybe for you it'll work faster. Hopefully.

I can share my experience, but it's all bad so far. What's good about this site is that you can get moral support from people who know what you're going through. Not a lot of info though. But support helps, people here are wonderful.

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey there, Hichamslove!

I kinda agree and disagree with some of the things that were said here. You can and will most definitely get support here as well as great information. I have to be my own jugde cuz everybodys experience is different. Some people, its taking 2-3 years. Incha allah that will not be my case, or yours (op). You have to have faith in your case. Im trying to tell you, I have had a many sleepless -_- nights, but not because I was thinking the worst, but because I can't stop thinking about the best. I can't lie, I was up trippin sometimes! :wacko: I see my husband in everyroom of my home, I know that he will be here for real one of these long lonely days. But you gotta put in the work, and you cant compare your case to everyone elses. A good friend I met on VJ told me that. I know its hard, it is for all of us.

You know what I try to do for myself.... the times that I have mailed of anything in regards to my husbands case, I just automatically give it 30 days unless its says specifically that I should hear something by a certain date. Then when that date gets close :clock: , I sleep with the calendar! I just got an rfe email and it was actually a few days before they told me that I should hear back anything. That was good for me. You cant help but worry. :bonk:

Someone that responded to your post, it only took them 8 months and im hoping im right in there with her time frame. Its been 5 months for me and my husband. Somebody else 1 1/2 years. I think I saw someone here b4 that it took 4... hey, that aint you! And I hope it aint gonna be me, either. People here will give you good info, just be ready for any kinda response, cuz sometimes people say what they wanna say, regardlees of how it may affect other people that are reading. Sometimes we have the same exact quams and concerns, u know?

Answer in 1 week in regards to what? I dont think anything happens in a week. But hey, I could be wrong, right people?

Btw, my husband is from Sale'. We've been in the game like I said for about 5 months. I have a lot of hope that he'll be here soon. He is the most compassionate man I have ever met. Yeah, he asked me to come to Morocco to be with him while we wait. He misses me and I miss him, A LOT. He also knows thats not the most realistic thing to do, cuz I aint trying to have to ask nobody to co-sponsor not 1 d*** thing! The work you put in is emotionally and physically draining, mentally and physically challenging, but he is worth every strand of hair that I have lost cuzza stress. But I love him to death, and I think I'd just have to buy a wig, cuz I'd do it all over again. He doesnt have any kids, alhumdou lillah, I will be the 1 and only baby mama! :D His family is amazing, I have never seen or been treated with such tenderness and care, with the exception of my mama! I mean by a man, we talk everyday, online and the phone, and I cant have it any other way. I would really go crazy if I didnt.

My husband is not a "sad" man, thats my job! HA! He is always in the best of spirits, even with the occassional lonliness that hovers him sometimes, but communication is the key to it all. I was talking to someone and she hadnt talked to her husband in 3 months!!!!!!!! She was absolutely BAZAF!!!!! There is no way I could let that go down. Especially since its easier for me to pick up the fone and call him.

I have to. Im a newlywed with a husband 1/2 way across the globe and I need to feel close to him, and this is all we have right now. I can't wait for him to come here so we can get married "again". We tell each other that all the time.

You, like all of us are waiting. May as well find your favorite chair, and get comfortable, cuz you'll be here again and often seeking the advise and knowledge of the people who have come from where you are going lovebug. Im come here everyday, and when he gets here, I'll still be on here like many are for the newbies.....

Welcome and many kisses!

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just wanted to welcome the newbies to VJ. My husband was also from Morocco. We went through a very long journey but when we finally got it right it took us less than 6 months for him to receive his fiance visa, K-1. The journey was long and hard at times but well worth it. We have now been married over 15 months since he joined me here in Ohio. Life is even better than I thought it would be. Don't ever give up your hopes. If we can make it, so can you. I have receive much helpful information here, even though I joined after our paperwork had been sent in. I also created a yahoo support group for women who are involved with Moroccan men almost two years ago, it is listed below in my signature. There are members from VJ and all across the world. Seems not only American women love Moroccan men. If you are looking for help and support VJ can help and so can a few groups on yahoo that I am aware of. I think there may even be one for men. I know my husband has talked with quite a few men from VJ and from my yahoo support group to offer support and encouragement while in Morocco and when coming to the states. We had a smooth ride once he reached here, less than 6 months from filing he received his green card, he is employed since his first job interview in February, has his driver's license, car and American bills :D . He and I are really enjoying life. We went through the loneliness and keeping in touch with "dates" at the cafes, as he was not lucky enough to have a PC at his home over the two years. Just hang in there, once you are together you will really forget all you had to go through to make it. Building the foundation for your life together will be the best support you have created. You two can make it through the immigration process and the rest will fall into place. I wish you the best on your journey.

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ahlan, I am so glad to see a bunch of posts from ladies who have hubbies in Morocco. My husband lives in Safi. We met online June 2005 and June 10th I got to meet him. We got married while I was there for 3 weeks. What truely helps us is being able to meet each day online or if we cant, I call him for a few minutes. He always tells me to be patient about the visa processing. Well, I got to run to take my kid to school. Basslama

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi and Welcome! I am also a Moroccan wife. My husband is from Tanger, but he has been living in the USA for 4 years now. He came with his F-1 student visa, and we met a year later. We were married this past June and didn't file for AOS until August. Like a lot of others on VJ, we are awaiting our approval. I don't want you to think that I don't know what you are going through with the separation, because my husband and I were separated for almost two years. I visited him a few times a year, but it was still hard.

I hope you find all the support you are looking for and that your Visa Journey is a quick journey. Take care and if you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me!

Janine

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ahlan, I am so glad to see a bunch of posts from ladies who have hubbies in Morocco. My husband lives in Safi. We met online June 2005 and June 10th I got to meet him. We got married while I was there for 3 weeks. What truely helps us is being able to meet each day online or if we cant, I call him for a few minutes. He always tells me to be patient about the visa processing. Well, I got to run to take my kid to school. Basslama

Oh that was June 10th of this year. we talked for nearly a year first.

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.