gretchen_darren

trying to be upbeat

225 posts in this topic

I am to have a person start work on Monday Aug 29. I leave on Sept 1. it is going to be a crazy week.

my fiancee and I realize that there is a significant chance she may be left behind. that things may not work out at the embassy and we may have problems. Right now ner NBI is an issue. She filed for back in July and we still do not have it yet. Hoping it comes next week, but we may spend time in the NBI office in manila on Monday Sept 5.

She has no job (lives at home with parents), she owns nothing (apart form a small boat with her family), and has nothing to do but wait on visa. The ticket can be moved to come to the USA if things do not work out. (will cost me re-booking, but that is not bad.) We also tried to look for the unexpected or other issues along the way. Our goal is to complete the journey on this trip. However, we know things can happen and the visa can be held up after approval. We will just take one step at a time.

The only risk I have is her ticket back and the one week in manila. If St. Lukes changes things, If we get her visa and cannot get the CFO sticker or pay the travel tax at the airport. These things affect the outcomes as well. I have tried to plan for average outcome. However, there are exceptions.

The rest of the trip is her embassy, and our spending time together.

I dig it Darren. I knew there was always a chance I would be flying home alone but I decided to take the risk and go anyway. Mainly because I missed my wife terribly and I have flexibility in my work schedule. (I stayed late June thru early August :) and flew home alone :( )

You can only do your best and hope it all works out. If not, I'm sure you will adapt. You seem to be a proactive and "take care of Biz" kind of guy.

Good Luck. :thumbs:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My first reaction to someone turning in a two week notice that affected my travel plans to the tune of thousands of dollars would be to go to him and explain how important it was to me, and couldn't he/she hold off quitting for a while. If they didn't do it out of compassion I would pay them to do it. Who would turn down a paycheck from work plus a bonus for staying on just a little while longer? For someone so casual about throwing money around that seems like a natural reaction.

I did leave my wife in Manila because of a problem. She was soon on the streets of manila with a horrible migraine (stress is a trigger) and vomiting bile with nobody to help her. We got an Auntie to put the rescue on her.

With these Filipina Units like yours that are this poor, a 450 peso per night pension house or something is the way to go. The most we have ever paid in Manila is 750 pesos. Plenty of money left for strippers and booze.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The problem in my job is normally you turn in your two week notice, you get walked out the door. He was only around for about 7 weeks. Not happy at all. I will not pay someone to "stick around". My department is too sensitive. We handle the systems for American Idol voting which is the least sensitive system my section is responsible for.

as for the other things.... not interested. ain't worth it. Like Coke I want the "real thing" not the imagined pretending.......

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Well, here's hoping it all works out in the end, the timing is right, and you are both able to come to the US together. The end of stage one of the journey draws nigh... Good luck Darren!!

Timeline

yippee the new guy starts tomorrow. Everything worked out so I can go. Just so very very happy. the new guy does not like I am taking off for a couple of weeks right after he starts. But at least he can provide hands on while I am away. Once I get back we will majorly put him to work. I think he should count his blessings he does not have to put up with me for two weeks, just the manager and technical team lead....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Congrats! :thumbs:

I wonder what the moral to this story is. :)

(procrastinated)
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)

Timeline

the guy who quit did not like the fact of the team being so diverse ethnically. Also, me marrying a girl from another country or so young, plus me going to college as well.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

The problem in my job is normally you turn in your two week notice, you get walked out the door. He was only around for about 7 weeks. Not happy at all. I will not pay someone to "stick around". My department is too sensitive. We handle the systems for American Idol voting which is the least sensitive system my section is responsible for.

as for the other things.... not interested. ain't worth it. Like Coke I want the "real thing" not the imagined pretending.......

Im concerned that the voting for American Idol is rigged. Are you the right person to complain to?

the guy who quit did not like the fact of the team being so diverse ethnically. Also, me marrying a girl from another country or so young, plus me going to college as well.

See darren. When a door closes sometimes a better one opens. :thumbs:

Good for you. :yes:

(procrastinated)

Timeline

Im concerned that the voting for American Idol is rigged. Are you the right person to complain to?

I suggest you contact Telescope Productions. it ain't rigged.

Best door would be her here already..... but can't have everything yet.... just a feww more days I hope.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I suggest you contact Telescope Productions. it ain't rigged.

Best door would be her here already..... but can't have everything yet.... just a feww more days I hope.

i am afraid you'll have a problem between the time of your medical and interview...on the instructions about having interview..have your medical atleast 1-2 weeks before your interview..goodluck on that:)

i am afraid you'll have a problem between the time of your medical and interview...on the instructions about having interview..have your medical atleast 1-2 weeks before your interview..goodluck on that:)

That's the best time frame. Gives ample time for the med file to be forward, recieved and in the system. We had our Interview scheduled with just a week after medical and USEM assured me that would be adequate time.

Timeline

Could be the backdoor.

Could be the backdoor.

Yep. or even a window.

(procrastinated)

FYI, I was one of the lucky ones that took a gamble and bought tickets before the interview. We flew back together on schedule. I wouldn't have tried it if I couldn't afford to pay the penalty. Just like gambling, don't bet what you can't afford to lose.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.