Kim n Jai

Form 1-134: Documentation from Financial Institutions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

As required on Form I-134 I've contacted my financial institutions (five) requesting a statement that includes 1) the date the account was opened, 2) the amount deposited this year, and 3)the current balance. All have denied my request. I have current bank statement for each, but will they be accepted in lew of the "statements"?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I have the same problem. I have printed off all of my bank statements and highlighted my direct deposits and such. I wish I could tell you that is will suffice but... no interview yet :unsure::(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that, but the instructions are very specific. Print out the I-134 instructions, and the example bank letter found under example forms. Go down to the bank with those in hand and ask for the manager, and show him what the GOVERNMENT is asking for. You shouldnt be denied.

-Bonnie

:jest:

Edited by Bonnie_n_Clyde

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As required on Form I-134 I've contacted my financial institutions (five) requesting a statement that includes 1) the date the account was opened, 2) the amount deposited this year, and 3)the current balance. All have denied my request. I have current bank statement for each, but will they be accepted in lew of the "statements"?

Thanks!

If you qualify on income you do not need to include any asset or bank info.

Visit a banking center in person and you should be able to find someone that can help you to obtain the letter if needed.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

If you qualify on income you do not need to include any asset or bank info.

Visit a banking center in person and you should be able to find someone that can help you to obtain the letter if needed.

Unfortunately, I work per 9 week contracts so my annual salaray fluctuates each year. This year has been significantly low. I asked my employer to provide me with a statement documenting the average of the 6 years I've been employed there as this would be more representative of my income and would qualify, but they refused, so I'm collecting information on my assets.

The problem with going to the banking center is they are for things like my 401K, an online savings account, etc., but I suppose I can probably find an office somewhere for each of them if you think I that would get them to provide me with what I need...hopefully within driving distance.

Thanks!

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that, but the instructions are very specific. Print out the I-134 instructions, and the example bank letter found under example forms. Go down to the bank with those in hand and ask for the manager, and show him what the GOVERNMENT is asking for. You shouldnt be denied.

-Bonnie

:jest:

Thank you! I hadn't seen the example bank letter. I did forward the I-134 instructions and I did state to each that the government was requesting this information to no avail. However, I did not physically go to the various banks as their locations are unknown to me since they are for things such as my 401K. I guess I will have to find locations for each and go their if this will get them to do it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi again! 401K accounts typically send you quarterly statements that have the things like date of opeing account, the deposits, etc. At least mine do. Although I would not feel comfortable using that as a "bank account" because it technically is not.

A couple more things for you:

-If you dont meet 125% of the minimum poverty guidlines now, you will need a co-sponcer.

-Even if you do meet 125% of the minimum now, and you did not on your last year's tax return, you should get a co-sponcer. Because unfortunatly it is solely up to th CO at the interview if he believes you make a consistant salary to support the applicant. If he wants to be picky he can.

-Make sure you include more information than the minimum. I know in Egypt they ask for things out of the minimum requirement.

Include:

Bank letter and account statements

Employment letter

At least 8 weeks’ worth of paycheck stubs or more

Copies of income tax returns

Any investment account statement

I know some of the things are not "required", but I have seen cases in the country I'm petitioning in, Egypt, that the CO asks for things like tax returns and pay stubs even though they are not required, and it delays the visa. I can't imagine India would be all that different.

I hope I could help. Let me know if I can be of further service.

-Bonnie

:dance:

Edited by Bonnie_n_Clyde

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Unfortunately, I work per 9 week contracts so my annual salaray fluctuates each year. This year has been significantly low. I asked my employer to provide me with a statement documenting the average of the 6 years I've been employed there as this would be more representative of my income and would qualify, but they refused, so I'm collecting information on my assets.

The problem with going to the banking center is they are for things like my 401K, an online savings account, etc., but I suppose I can probably find an office somewhere for each of them if you think I that would get them to provide me with what I need...hopefully within driving distance.

Thanks!

I deal with Bank of America where customer service is only a dream and they managed to produce the needed letter. Any larger bank has had requests for these items in the past. Get face to face with someone and they can produce/obtain what you need.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.