jachey

K-1 Visa petition assembly

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a silly question. I am preparing my 129F and I was thinking of putting all the documents in a 3 hole binder labeling each section. I did not see specific instructions indicating that the paperwork could not be bound...can someone tell me if this will be ill advised

Filed: Timeline

Good Night Jachey when I assembled my K1 packet, AOS, and ROC I punched 2 holes at the top and put a rubber band around it. I had a cover sheet on the front explaining where things were and sections were separated with colour paper. Hopes that helps. Speedy journey.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I never used a binder. All they are gonna do is take it all out. I had my cover letter, all the forms and their required attachments paper clipped together, in order, and that was it. Worked great. All your stuff is going to go into one of their folders like everyone else. the easier you make it for them the better.

We assembled our with two hole punches at the top and we used Acco Fasteners, super easy and they worked perfectly.

Check here, they work great, can't recommend them enough!

http://www.staples.com/Acco-Steel-Fasteners-2-Piece-2-3-4-x-2/product_103762

Good luck!

Gray

___________________________________________________________________________________
My name is Gray and I'm originally from Perth, Western Australia, my wife Bry is from Montana.
We met in June 2010, got engaged in November 2010, and married in January 2012!
We are now living together in Montana.

Timeline:

- NATURALIZATION, N400 -

07/04/2015: Applicable for Naturalization

For my full K-1/AOS/AP/EA/ROC process see my timeline here: http://goo.gl/AyNVBd
Check out my Flickr Page here: http://goo.gl/Yx4THU

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there! Do not use a binder. Use a 2 hole punch with a fastener. Sometimes called ACCO fasteners. A punch can be purchased at Office depot for $10. Also use tabs at the bottom of each section. Check the link below. It is instructions straight from the government website.

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:

-Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

-Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

-The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

-Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required.

-Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

-Bonnie

:jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place....Zora Neale Hurston

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, do not bind everything together. It just creates work for them when they have to pull everything apart and reassemble it in their own format. All I put on mine was a good old paperclip.

K-1 Visa
04-29-2011: I-129F Sent
05-05-2011: I-129F NOA1
07-18-2011: I-129F NOA2
08-08-2011: NVC Received
08-09-2011: NVC Left
08-10-2011: Consulate Received
08-26-2011: Consulate mailed Packet 3 (invitation letter)
09-01-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in US
09-10-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in Mexico
09-22-2011: Interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-04-2011: DHL Waybill number appears in the afternoon
10-05-2011: Picked up visa from DHL office
11-08-2011: POE Houston, Texas
11-19-2011: Married!

AOS
12-06-2011: Applied for Social Security Number
12-08-2011: AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131, and supporting docs)
12-12-2011: Received Social Security Number and card in the mail
12-20-2011: Received NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131
01-06-2012: Completed ASC appointment
02-02-2012: Received appointment notice for AOS interview on March 1, 2012
03-01-2012: Green card interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-10-2012: Green card received

ROC

12-27-2013: I-751 Sent

01-02-2014: Received NOA1 for I-751

01-24-2014: Completed ASC appointment

04-01-2014: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no interview)

CITIZENSHIP

11-14-2016: N-400 Sent

05-19-2017: Naturalization interview:  APPROVED!!!!!!!

06-28-2017: Citizenship ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.