harpuayem

changing wife's name on her Philippines passport

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wrong.

She MUST attend the CFO seminar first before amending her (maiden) passport. DFA will not accept her application without the CFO certificate.

I might be wrong but I was able to help my cousin to change her name 2 motnhs ago without attending the CFO seminar back in Cebu.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife changed her name to her married name before we filed the I-130. That way her passport and visa will have her married name. That makes it easier to get all her US IDs in the same name.

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

10/20/14...N-400 mailed to Phoenix
--/--/14.. N-400 packet received
--/--/14... Check cashed
--/--/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)
---/---/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for --/--/14)
---/---/14... Early walk-in for Biometrics (Tampa FL)
---/---/14... In line for interview
---/---/14... Interview completed
---/---/14... Oath letter received
---/---/14... Oath Ceremony!

I might be wrong but I was able to help my cousin to change her name 2 motnhs ago without attending the CFO seminar back in Cebu.

Any details on how she did it? ;)

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Good day everyone,

i wonder that we filipino are using our middle name

I am. NVC did not change my middle name. I am using my father's last name as my middle name. I'm glad NVC left it at that.

Hope there's a way to fix yours.

Good Luck!

That way her passport and visa will have her married name. That makes it easier to get all her US IDs in the same name.

So true...

(procrastinated)
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My wife wants to change her maiden name to her married name on her Philippines passport. Does anyone know anything about how to do it? One of her friends said she has to go to some kind of seminar before she can get it changed.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm , classes are held every day, reportedly you will need sticker to travel on K1. Good Luck

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

hi clairy08,

i am a filipina ,married with american guy too,i entered the us on k-1 visa we got ,married here in the us last july 23 and i had exactly the same problem like yours,by the way ive done all those terrible history there in philippines while doing the paper works,i'll try to share you a lil glimpse of our case,i apply for marriage license here in san bernardino county and they include all my maiden name and last name,when we got our marriage certificate they included all my name and maiden and its kinda confusing like you said we used there in philippines put down your last name(maidean name)and then pick our hub last name to be our last name(married)now here's my fear what if i will apply passport there to renew my old one's then ofcourse i need a marriage with my name in it and they will see all my name and im sure it'll be more confusing to them,last night i couldnt slept so i talked to my hubby regarding this matter then we made a call to the county where we gather our marriage certficate and they said they cannot fix it thier advice is go to court and rechange my name into first name,middle name and hubby last name,instead of including my maiden name(single)so here's the situation they will change my name to the court,now i will fill up those forms for adjust of status and they said that it must exactly on what is writen on my marriage certficate it must be accurate,so yes very confusing we spend money to fix my name,bcoz it must accurate to all the documents,good luck to you guys,things is complicated sometimes,take a break and try to gather information,,,

femloveron :hehe:

My wife wants to change her maiden name to her married name on her Philippines passport. Does anyone know anything about how to do it? One of her friends said she has to go to some kind of seminar before she can get it changed.

Are you already applying for CR-1 or K-3 and received your NOA2? I do not know about CFO seminar but you can always apply for renewal/change of passport on the basis of change of name due to marriage without taking CFO seminar... and it can be done in the nearest DFA office...

Good day everyone,

I am a filipina wife of american and our visa is on the process, i wonder that we filipino are using our middle name, after i filled out forms for cr1 and my husband send the papers to the NVC they printed out my name with my middle when i was single and surname of my husband, i wonder how complicated it might be coz EXAMPLE, my fullname is CARLA VERGARA DELAPINA, and if we are married in a person like JORDAN TAYLOR HANSON, here in philippines our name will change as CARLA DELAPINA HANSON, but there in the United states they are still including the middle name which is VERGARA, and it became CARLA VERGARA HANSON, but it is really sound complicated when i will show my passport name into CARLA DELAPINA HANSON... is there anybody there who experienced this? coz I am confused now..

Hi! I got married in Hawaii and I had trouble also regarding middle names... I have two first names (a lot of filipinos have two first names) and of course may middle name (my mom's maiden name) and my family name (my father's surname)... When I was signing my marriage registration form... the officiate ask me to put second first name as my middle name in the paper, I told him... that's part of my first name! its not my middle, but he insisted so i put my second first name as my middle line...

After a few days the registrar of Hawaii contacted me through email and said that my second first name cannot be my middle name... I can choose to retain my middle name (my mom's maiden name) or my family name (my father's surname) as my middle name... (this is starting to be soooo confusing) hahahahaha, so of course I put my father's surname as my middle name as what we filipinos usually do....

So i guess with that, I realize that you can choose to retain your mom's maiden name or your father's surname as your middle name.... :bonk:

I do not know about CFO seminar but you can always apply for renewal/change of passport on the basis of change of name due to marriage without taking CFO seminar... and it can be done in the nearest DFA office...

FYI, for women, married to a Foreign National you need to secure the CFO Certificate from CFO OFFICE (Commission on Filipino Overseas) and present it to the DFA before claiming your renewed passport.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

(procrastinated)

Timeline

Any details on how she did it? ;)

she just brought her OLD passport, NSO marriage certificate,NSO Birth Certificate and SSS ID and never asked for CFO sticker. She is married to a guy from california. And same with some of my friends who are now in Europe they change their passport's last name first. And as soon as they have their flight scheduled they went to CFO seminar.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine

FYI, for women, married to a Foreign National you need to secure the CFO Certificate from CFO OFFICE (Commission on Filipino Overseas) and present it to the DFA before claiming your renewed passport.

Read the Link and...

Here's what you will read...

If you would like to use the surname of your spouse

• Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and Certified True Copy issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) if MC SECPA is unreadable.
  • Certificate of Attendance (color green) from CFO (Commission of Filipino Overseas) if married to a foreigner.

(procrastinated)

she just brought her OLD passport, NSO marriage certificate,NSO Birth Certificate and SSS ID and never asked for CFO sticker. She is married to a guy from california. And same with some of my friends who are now in Europe they change their passport's last name first. And as soon as they have their flight scheduled they went to CFO seminar.

CFO sticker can only be obtained/ stamped after you received the visa NOT during the seminar.

(procrastinated)

Good day everyone,

I am a filipina wife of american and our visa is on the process, i wonder that we filipino are using our middle name, after i filled out forms for cr1 and my husband send the papers to the NVC they printed out my name with my middle when i was single and surname of my husband, i wonder how complicated it might be coz EXAMPLE, my fullname is CARLA VERGARA DELAPINA, and if we are married in a person like JORDAN TAYLOR HANSON, here in philippines our name will change as CARLA DELAPINA HANSON, but there in the United states they are still including the middle name which is VERGARA, and it became CARLA VERGARA HANSON, but it is really sound complicated when i will show my passport name into CARLA DELAPINA HANSON... is there anybody there who experienced this? coz I am confused now..

Yup you are correct its kinda bugging me too.... can anyone give me some opinion about my situation--- we already are in IV application processing and all the documents are on my maiden name i don't think it's a must for me to change my surname to my husbands since i do have marriage certificate and i intend to use a hypenated lastname to make it more complicated... well going back to the lastname would anyone have any idea if i would have problems with it since we filled all our papers under my maiden name and intend to change it when i get to US ....

03-08-2011 I130 USCIS filed Approved on 101st day

06-20-2011 NOA2 APPROVED

07-20-2011 NVC

08-12-2011 paid AOS

08-20-2011 paid IV Bill

09-06-2011 NVC recieved DS230

09-09-2011 Cased CLOSED

09-19-2011 Medical exam

10-17-2011 Interview MNL consulate VISA Approved!!!

10-20-2011 VISA on HAnd

10-21-2011 CFO sticker

11-08-2011 MNL departure to US

11-09-2011 Arrived in US

11-21-2011 Recieved green card

12-23-2011 US Drivers license

12-26-2011 Got a new car HEHEHHE

01-09-2012 Got My first Job Interview and i Got the Job YEEPEEE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.