changing wife's name on her Philippines passport

36 posts in this topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife wants to change her maiden name to her married name on her Philippines passport. Does anyone know anything about how to do it? One of her friends said she has to go to some kind of seminar before she can get it changed.

where did you get married?

if its here in the U.S you need to report your marriage and change her Philippine Passport to her married name to Philippine Consulate near you. If it was in the Philippines you need to go to DFA and provide documents of your marriage. I don't know about seminar.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I assume the marriage was in the Philippines, she need to change her passport first before she will attend CFO seminar and before flying to U.S.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine

she need to change her passport first before she will attend CFO seminar and before flying to U.S.

Wrong.

She MUST attend the CFO seminar first before amending her (maiden) passport. DFA will not accept her application without the CFO certificate.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

We got married in the Phils. Can she change it in Bacolod? Or does she have to go to Manila? Then she has to go to a seminar? What is the seminar for? I thought you just had to get a med exam and then an interview at the U.S. embassy.

Your wife cannot change her passport without attending the CFO seminar first.

Hope this helps...

(procrastinated)
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)

No problem.

(procrastinated)

My wife also had to attend the CFO seminar before she could get her passport. The seminar is also a requirement before you can leave the country. Once she does the seminar then you can apply for new passport with all the other necessary papers. Then after your wife receives passport she will take this to visa interview. Once the consulate affixes the visa in the passport your wife will need to take her passport along with the seminar certificate to the CFO office to get a stamp inside the passport that proves that she completed the seminar. When she is at airport they will check for this CFO stamp in the passport.

Also depending on where you apply for passport it can take a while. Much quicker in Manila.

Filed: Timeline

thanks for the help. so she can maybe do the seminar like a day or so before her med exam and interview? coz the name on all the paperwork visa is in her married name. or should she go do the seminar as soon as she can and then have her new phils passport ready for the interview?

she dont need to have appointment just to attend cfo..but she need nbi first before she can attend cfo and marriage cirt...and in getting new passport by changing name she really need cfo nbi and marriage cirt..certified copy from nso..and also appointment..:) i just done everything yesterday... :thumbs:

If she wants new passport with her married name she would have to do the seminar first, but then you would need to make sure she gets her new passport before the interview. If she wants to keep current passport then I believe she can do the interview now, but she would need to verify that with cfo. She just won't be able to get the stamp in her passport until after the visa is inside passport which is not big deal. My wife already did the seminar because she needed to complete it before she could apply for her passport. She will have to go back to cfo after she gets her visa to get the stamp in her passport.

Good day everyone,

I am a filipina wife of american and our visa is on the process, i wonder that we filipino are using our middle name, after i filled out forms for cr1 and my husband send the papers to the NVC they printed out my name with my middle when i was single and surname of my husband, i wonder how complicated it might be coz EXAMPLE, my fullname is CARLA VERGARA DELAPINA, and if we are married in a person like JORDAN TAYLOR HANSON, here in philippines our name will change as CARLA DELAPINA HANSON, but there in the United states they are still including the middle name which is VERGARA, and it became CARLA VERGARA HANSON, but it is really sound complicated when i will show my passport name into CARLA DELAPINA HANSON... is there anybody there who experienced this? coz I am confused now..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.