hr8687

221G issued for k1 at New Delhi

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I just needed some advice. My fiance had her K1 fiancee interview at the US embassy in New Delhi and was issued a white colored 221G. I think a week before the interview she went to VFS to deposit items but the lady working there only took 2 pages of our phone records which we had 300 pages of, she said the embassy only needs two pages,also only took like 2 pages of emails, she did not take any of the affidavits from my fiancees family members stating the engagement took place and that they approve she will be marrying in the united states, she also did not take the engagement pictures, my families notarized letters stating the engagement took place and that they approve nor did she take both of our letter of intents, airline tickets, or the letter from the hotel where our engagement took place.I have been to India 2 times after my engagement, I am thinking the CO did not have enough time to review our case and at the end she issued a 221G white slip requesting the following:

1 Notarized explanation from you and your petitioner of how and when you first met and why you decided to get engaged.

2 List of all engagement ceremony guests,their relationship to you,their addresses and their phone numbers.

3 Itemized emails and/or postmarked letters or cards between you and your fiancee.

4 Photos of you and the petitioner before,during,and after your engagement.

5 Notarized statement signed by the applicant's parents discussing their views of the engagement.

6 Notarized copy of your fiancee's passport.

7 Voter's ID card and Voter's list for the past 5 years of the beneficiary.

We have all of the documents mentioned and will be submitting them to the VFS along with the passport on Monday, can anyone tell me from there experience how long it takes for the embassy to process everything and issue the visa, and what the embassy process is, do they call the beneficiary for a 2nd interview or do they just place the visa in the passport if they are satisfied with the submitted documents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hello, I just needed some advice. My fiance had her K1 fiancee interview at the US embassy in New Delhi and was issued a white colored 221G. I think a week before the interview she went to VFS to deposit items but the lady working there only took 2 pages of our phone records which we had 300 pages of, she said the embassy only needs two pages,also only took like 2 pages of emails, she did not take any of the affidavits from my fiancees family members stating the engagement took place and that they approve she will be marrying in the united states, she also did not take the engagement pictures, my families notarized letters stating the engagement took place and that they approve nor did she take both of our letter of intents, airline tickets, or the letter from the hotel where our engagement took place.I have been to India 2 times after my engagement, I am thinking the CO did not have enough time to review our case and at the end she issued a 221G white slip requesting the following:

1 Notarized explanation from you and your petitioner of how and when you first met and why you decided to get engaged.

2 List of all engagement ceremony guests,their relationship to you,their addresses and their phone numbers.

3 Itemized emails and/or postmarked letters or cards between you and your fiancee.

4 Photos of you and the petitioner before,during,and after your engagement.

5 Notarized statement signed by the applicant's parents discussing their views of the engagement.

6 Notarized copy of your fiancee's passport.

7 Voter's ID card and Voter's list for the past 5 years of the beneficiary.

We have all of the documents mentioned and will be submitting them to the VFS along with the passport on Monday, can anyone tell me from there experience how long it takes for the embassy to process everything and issue the visa, and what the embassy process is, do they call the beneficiary for a 2nd interview or do they just place the visa in the passport if they are satisfied with the submitted documents.

I wouldn't take 300 pages of phone records that is absurd. The problem is the application was not properly documented and that is the reason for 221g.

CO has mind made up before sitting down to do interview. If you failed to send the stuff in to begin with

its not suprising they didn't want to look at it during the appointment. That is not what that time is for.

Send in the stuff they ask for. Don't send 300 pages of telephone reciepts unless you want to be denied on priniciple

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I wouldn't take 300 pages of phone records that is absurd. The problem is the application was not properly documented and that is the reason for 221g.

CO has mind made up before sitting down to do interview. If you failed to send the stuff in to begin with

its not suprising they didn't want to look at it during the appointment. That is not what that time is for.

Send in the stuff they ask for. Don't send 300 pages of telephone reciepts unless you want to be denied on priniciple

I have all the stuff they want, do you think since they asked for the passport along with the documents that they issue the visa if they are satisfied with what you send them.

I have all the stuff they want, do you think since they asked for the passport along with the documents that they issue the visa if they are satisfied with what you send them.

Sometime they send the passport back without visa with a letter saying

"You are in mandatory administration process". I hope since you said you

have everything in order they will issue the visa . Every case is different .

I am still waiting for my wife's visa since December 2010.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

They did the exact same thing with during my souse visa. She took the evidence with her as requested on the interview letter. But CO told her to sent those documents via Express Courier. I was like why wont you look at these documents now but the CO was like i am sorry the interview time is over. Ofcourse I did talk to dos about this and wrote a detailed letter about the attitude.

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.