INgirl

Resident of Northern Ireland interviewing in Dublin?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I have read older threads from last year that those who live in Northern Ireland must interview in London. Just wanted to check if anyone knows if this has changed?? Would be so much easier for my Fiance to just go to Dublin. But if we know from the start that it must be London, then we wont get stuck in the mess of getting things changed. If anyone has any experience of this, please let me know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No, you have to interview in the country you are resident in, which is the UK for NI.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks all......that is what the other thread said, but was hoping it had changed. Since he holds an irish passport as well, it would be nice if they would make things a little easier on us through this process. :) Thanks again.

We're in the same position. I'm living in NI and Dublin is only 2 hours something away whereas London is a flight away. I believe the I-129F states that you can request to be interviewed in an Embassy outside the jurisdiction the beneficiary resides in but they are under no obligation to accommodate your request. To keep it simple and not hold up the process we put London on the form.

-Liam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.